Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Manny beat Mayweather this year would he have been fighter of the year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely. If Pac had beaten Floyd even by a boring decision he would be Fighter of the Year, no question.

It would have been Fight of the Year and Upset of the Year too.

Plus Pac would be "The Fight Game's" Person of the Year, #1 on the Gatti List, and Freddie Roach would be Trainer of the Year.

Unfortunately the wrong guy won and now they want to pretend like it never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Absolutely. If Pac had beaten Floyd even by a boring decision he would be Fighter of the Year, no question.

It would have been Fight of the Year and Upset of the Year too.

Plus Pac would be "The Fight Game's" Person of the Year, #1 on the Gatti List, and Freddie Roach would be Trainer of the Year.

Unfortunately the wrong guy won and now they want to pretend like it never happened.
      ESPN...THEY WANTED HIM TO LOSE SO BAD.....OH WELL HE IS BORING....THEY SAY IT ABOUT RIGO AND WARD....YET THEY ARE UNDEFEATED TOO....NOT THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE IN COMMON EITHER

Comment

Poochiao would reach God-like status and they'd be doing 30 for 30 documentaries on it already. But that's just a testament of how great tbe is when you think about it. The biggest fight of this era was considered a let down because the guy they wanted to win lost.

Comment

If Pacquiao won he would have been Fighter of the Decade again.

Comment

Of course and they would be saying how great the fight was

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              this is just an honest question.

ESPN nominated Canelo, I don't agree with it but he isn't the worse choice

I was thinking about this the other day, especially when Ronda Rousey got the ESPY for fighter of the year

I want everyone's honest opinion

regardless of how he won, if Manny won on May 2nd, would he have been everyones fighter of the year?
              Yes, and he would have been crowned fighter of the Century as well. The bias against Floyd is palpable. Floyd looked "boring" so regardless of the all of the hype that **** Rafael and the like were part of he deserves no credit. No that honor was bestowed on a fighter Floyd looked boring against too. Watching Rafael's announcement made me think that ESPN shot that video in a bunker in a ultra secrety location.

Some fans imbued Manny with the power to beat Floyd, it didn't matter that he had lost before that, and lost badly. All that mattered was Manny was supposed to win and when he didn't, people like Rafael were looking for any possible way to not give Floyd credit for anything, this is just an extension of that hatred.

Certainly credible cases could be made for other fighters to get the honor, but should they get it ahead of the winner of a fight that was hyped more than any other? It's how briefly Rafael dwelt on Mayweather's win that was telling, he literally dismissed the fight and acted like fighting Berto levels the scales somehow. That's a true dimwit trying to excuse himself after Manny couldn't live up to his end of the delusional bargain. People are going out of their way not to give Mayweather any credit, they put a fat tub of lard MMA fighter on the cover of Ring. People go out of their way to criticize Floyd for being boring but act like he was in the ring all by himself last May.

Comment

Seems like a bait thread towards Pac fans to justify that Floyd is fighter of the year because he beat Pac that needed no doctors and healed himself miraculously in a couple months with sea water... Arum and Pac disappeared from the charts because of court cases...

Lol. Who cares if Floyd wasn't fighter of the year. Dude has proven too much.

Comment

Pac would have been named fighter of the year and then some. I think part of the reason would be, cuz despite the promotional hype, nobody really believed that manny ever had what it took to beat mayweather...even the most die hard pac fans. It would have therefore took a special performance by pac, which may have warranted foty. Floyd on the other hand was able to beat manny with a rather ordinary performance...not worthy of foty in the eyes of some. It's all context...for Floyd, beating pac was no big deal, for pac to beat Floyd would have been a huge deal.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    this is just an honest question.

ESPN nominated Canelo, I don't agree with it but he isn't the worse choice

I was thinking about this the other day, especially when Ronda Rousey got the ESPY for fighter of the year

I want everyone's honest opinion

regardless of how he won, if Manny won on May 2nd, would he have been everyones fighter of the year?
                    I said if he won by KO, same goes for Mayweather over Pac.

But in my eyes, as things stand, Fury is FOTY for being the heavyweight champion of the world. Only an impressive KO by May/Pac would have knocked him off the top spot.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      Pac would have been named fighter of the year and then some. I think part of the reason would be, cuz despite the promotional hype, nobody really believed that manny ever had what it took to beat mayweather...even the most die hard pac fans. It would have therefore took a special performance by pac, which may have warranted foty. Floyd on the other hand was able to beat manny with a rather ordinary performance...not worthy of foty in the eyes of some. It's all context...for Floyd, beating pac was no big deal, for pac to beat Floyd would have been a huge deal.
                      all this tells me is that floyd is tbe.

Comment

Working...
                      X