No announcement yet.

Duran, Arcel, Brown and the new movie.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Yeah we all get that. That's not the point.

Arcel was the 'head trainer' and Brown the cutman, but Brown did all the day to day boxing training for Duran's career. He was the guy that spent every day of the whole camp with Duran pushing, teaching, drilling, hassling...the real training. The stuff that matters more than anything else.

So, in the corner during the fight, Arcel may very well have been the head trainer, but in practice, Brown was and he doesn't get credit for it.
    I have read latter in the relationship brown did feel a little underapreciated.

Comment

I'm surprised the Baer family didn't sue as well, although there were several articles where Max Jr. star of The Beverly Hillbillies, was ticked off about his father's portrayal, saying his portrayal was similar to that of Clubber Lang.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
        I have read latter in the relationship brown did feel a little underapreciated.
        You mean by the media, fans or Duran?

Comment

From reading this it seems they are taking experiences from Brown and using them for Arcel in the movie.

I'm curious to know how much consulting Duran himself did for the movie if any at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            You mean by the media, fans or Duran?
            The media mostly as well as arcel himself I believe duran truly appreciated freddie. No mas had a negative effect on everyone's relationship I believe arcel worked with duran on the benitez fight and wrote a letter asking him to retire.Duran did not speak highly of arcel in the book hands of stone but maybe has mellowed since as he did with eleta

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              From reading this it seems they are taking experiences from Brown and using them for Arcel in the movie.

I'm curious to know how much consulting Duran himself did for the movie if any at all.
              If I had to read into what's going on they are really enhancing arcel's part because of Robert D star power

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                If I had to read into what's going on they are really enhancing arcel's part because of Robert D star power
                Yeah I agree.

Comment

I remember buying a preview issue of either ko or the ring and out of boxing media and insiders poled for the hagler duran fight both arcel and brown were of the minority picking duran. Brown was quoted as saying duran was as strong as Vito A and hit harder.

Comment

I'll be curious to see how No Mas is handled by this movie. Hopefully, it'll be honest, saying Duran couldn't stand Leonard's clowning in the ring and doesn't just use the old "stomach cramps" excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      I'll be curious to see how No Mas is handled by this movie. Hopefully, it'll be honest, saying Duran couldn't stand Leonard's clowning in the ring and doesn't just use the old "stomach cramps" excuse.
                      I feel no mas has been handled in the documentary Cholo was simply not prepared to fight at the highest level as he was in the Montreal fight both fighters knew this This is no excuse but an explanation hopefully the movie does focus on his destructive behavior before the second fiasco

Comment

Working...
                      X