Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alvarez vs Cotto round 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that Ricardo 'Finito' Lopez announcing? Also, I really like Alvarez's feint-left hook. He nails Cuello, in that last video, perfectly with it. Feints the jab, Cuello drops his right hand down and Alvarez turns it into the left hook and Cuello can't do anything. Perfect.

Yes, that move is one that Mayweather also does perfectly. He dropped Marquez with it if people remember. He has dropped quite a few guys with it actually. It's a beautiful punch.

Comment

yeah thats finito....he is a very biased broadcaster...if youre mexican, you win in his eyes ....

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        And I'll repeat, he fights exactly Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and his style is similar to Fernando Montiel, more so than Miguel Cotto.

From the angle of their left hooks (Cotto's hook is tighter), to their working mostly off the left hand, footwork, standing straight up (Cotto stays in his crouch), and counterpunching style.

Like I said, expand your horizons.
        It's all about tendencies and mannerisms. His habbits are the same as Cottos. There is no horizon that needs to be expanded, Montiel doesn't admire his work or pose - montiel reminds me of a ricardo lopez at times, he's by the book and never strays from his objective.

ALverez and Cotto both continually do things to be "cute", and in strikingly similar fashion.

Comment

Working...
        X