Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any chance of John the Iceman Scully geting into the hall of fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any chance of John the Iceman Scully geting into the hall of fame?

The man went the distance with Michael second to nunn, he knows so much about amature and pro boxing. Poll to come
    Sorry IceMan just not worthy
    84.00%
    of course this man went 12 rounds with nunn
    16.00%

any one? only 5 votes come on guys scullies worth more than that. the guy went the distance with second 2 nun. he is like a encyclopedia on amature and pro boxing

Comment

as a fighter, i guess not, he dint have the type of career to do it......(and he didnt just go the distance with nunn, he almost-and in the eyes of many he did-beat him) but hes a trainer too, he might be able to....i mean he did train chad dawson...

Comment

I have a lot of respect for Iceman Scully but his career wasn't HoF worthy in my opinion, and an encyclopedic knowledge of boxing isn't one of the criteria for HoF entry.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Yomama View Post
          I have a lot of respect for Iceman Scully but his career wasn't HoF worthy in my opinion, and an encyclopedic knowledge of boxing isn't one of the criteria for HoF entry.
          But he knows so much, the guy can tel you anythink about amature boxing

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
            But he knows so much, the guy can tel you anythink about amature boxing
            I'm not denying he knows more about boxing than probably the rest of us combined but, that doesn't make him worthy of a spot in the HoF. It would be akin to nominating a science teacher for the Nobel prize because he knows more than his students do.

Comment

Come on, anymore thoughts on whether you think Scully should be in the HALL OF FAME????????

Comment

I want Scully to be in the hall of fame for his contributions to boxing as a whole, not because he fought Nunn well.

He;s a very good trainer. He will get there for that.
                In due time.

Comment

I'd like to see John Scully replace that idiot Teddy Atlas on ESPN.

Or replace Wally Matthews on Versus, Max Kellerman on HBO or Steve Farhood on Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Tunney View Post
                    I'd like to see John Scully replace that idiot Teddy Atlas on ESPN.

Or replace Wally Matthews on Versus, Max Kellerman on HBO or Steve Farhood on Showtime.
                    Do you think Scully should be inducted???

Comment

Working...
                    X