Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      The home would seem to be mortgage-free, since Whitaker bought it thirty years ago, but the taxes never go away. It's sad and strange that Pernell should feel the need to evict his own mother. It appears he no longer has the means to support his mother or the house he bought her. I don't understand why they couldn't just talk this out. It's as if she simply refused to go. In either case, she would've been forced to vacate, as the government would've eventually seized the property for non-payment of taxes. As distasteful as it all looks, Whitaker probably did the right thing.
      Off topic but this is why home ownership in this country is overrated! You can pay it off in full yet still never fully own it. The minute you dont pay that property tax out you go!

Comment

Can't believe some of the responses...Pernell is a piece of **** and f-ing crackhead!!! If this was Mayweather you muthafuca's would've went full tilt. Kicks he's moms out and says it was a "Beautiful Thing" Really Pernell

Comment

Originally posted by Champ4Life View Post
          http://www.wvec.com/my-city/norfolk/...247259271.html

Saw this on one of our local news stations. He moved his mom into a nice house 30 years ago. Now he's had her evicted so he can sell the house because he needs the money....
          Great champ, great man, great character...

Comment

Originally posted by rayb112 View Post
            Can't believe some of the responses...Pernell is a piece of **** and f-ing crackhead!!! If this was Mayweather you muthafuca's would've went full tilt. Kicks he's moms out and says it was a "Beautiful Thing" Really Pernell
            It certainly doesn't look good, but Whitaker kept his mom in that house for thirty years. He can't be all bad. His six siblings obviously didn't give a damn. They could've gotten together and paid the required property taxes. How did it get this far?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              Off topic but this is why home ownership in this country is overrated! You can pay it off in full yet still never fully own it. The minute you dont pay that property tax out you go!
              Some people feel that way. I'm not one of them. After about five years, with the tax write-offs (property taxes are themselves tax deductible) and no rent increases (unless you have an adjustable rate mortgage, the payment never goes up), you're already ahead of the average renter. You accrue equity with a home, while you never see one dime of the rent you pay ever again. Once your mortgage is paid off, you only have to worry about maintenance, insurance and property taxes, which are all less than the rent you would pay for a similar sized home.

There are other important financial benefits to owning your own home, but let me throw in a couple of real-world niceties. You own a house, you can do practically whatever you want with it. You can throw parties and get-togethers, but not worry about someone disturbing you. There's pride of ownership with a house. (Trust me, this shouldn't be underestimated.) Think about the difference between someone saying they rent their place and someone saying they own it.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                whitaker is the only pro boxer ive met that was totally rude to me. hes a piece of crap in my view and this only cements it for me
                Originally posted by rayb112 View Post
                Sounds like something the mom and freeloaders would say.

Comment

Working...
                X