Pump the brakes people!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump the brakes people!!!

This is another Floyd tactic.

He's throwing that rumor out there, then when he announces Garcia, Floyd fans will hype that **** up like he's fighting a prime Duran.

lmao good call we've seen this before, if it happens it happens. bottom line is the realistic opponents for floyd/pac are shrinking fast... damn you boxing cold war.

call me crazy, i think khan does better than garcia. that is up until he gets hit with a clean punch near the elite neck and gets folded like a lawn chair

Comment

Just realized he may be doing this again. It still seems to early to announce, another month is the time frame he usually does it in.

I'd still take the best 140 pounder vs the best 147 pounder over Mayweather-Khan. Fuck that shit fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
        lmao good call we've seen this before, if it happens it happens. bottom line is the realistic opponents for floyd/pac are shrinking fast... damn you boxing cold war.

call me crazy, i think khan does better than garcia. that is up until he gets hit with a clean punch near the elite neck and gets folded like a lawn chair

Folded like a lawn chair

Comment

and then boxing world gets hit with Mayweather-Pacquiao being finalized lol

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
            UUUUUUGGGGHHHHH.......I'd never bad mouth Floyd again.

Comment

dont play wit mah emotions, smokey

Comment

I feel like it could happen loll. It won't doe.

Comment

Yeah, he did this with Alexander/Guerrero. Thing is, Khan quite possibly would bring in a lot more money. I also think Khan, while a ****ty opponent, is a little more interesting than Garcia style-wise for Floyd. But of course, Khan can be stopped at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                    This is another Floyd tactic.

He's throwing that rumor out there, then when he announces Garcia, Floyd fans will hype that **** up like he's fighting a prime Duran.
                    Very possible, and the only hope that Floyd has a legitimate fight in May.

I think it's still absurd to hope for Floyd-Pac in May, but after each fight one more time, Floyd-Khan or Garcia and Pac-Bradley II, a fight in September would be the last chance for it to ever happen. And this assumes Pac can get past Bradley, which won't be easy. Yes, he won clearly the first time, but Bradley did have an injury and Pac will quite likely take that fight very lightly.

Another theory: Floyd is indeed fighting Khan, and he will under-promote it to avoid the constant criticism, get through it, KO him impressively, then make a fight with Garcia for September 2014. This buys him more time to put off the Pac fight, since Garcia is a legit opponent choice, young, undefeated, hungry lion, etc etc etc. Then, by 2015, the fight will no longer be feasible, IMO. Pac will lose again by then or perhaps even retire.

So sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X