No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diaz: Khan Has A lot of Weaknesses, Can't Take a Punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Diaz: Khan Has A lot of Weaknesses, Can't Take a Punch

AMIR KHAN has been promised a brawl by Julio Diaz when he makes his British ring return on April 27.

Sheffield Arena is one of the venues being considered for Khan’s first fight in the UK in two years and former world lightweight champion Diaz claims it will be at a catchweight of 143lbs.

Bolton’s former world light-welterweight champion has found it hard finding an opponent, but Diaz has agreed to step down from welterweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The problem for Diaz is that he can't take a punch either.

Comment

so khans fighting someone w 7 losses?
      i just scratch my head at things like this bc theres so many great fighters at 140
      on another note, like every other khan fight i hope he gets kfto in a histerical very comical fashion

Comment

Tell us something we don't know Diaz

Comment

Seeing Diaz get knocked out again is not on many peoples,
          'to do list'!'

But it is to the point Khan has to be careful on who he fights.

Comment

Khan and some people might be sleeping on Diaz, but I saw his last 2 fights and IMO I think he won vs Porter and I saw him go to PR and upset the tall rangy Sanchez by TKO!

Comment

This spells a distinct lack of confidence by Khan's handlers. Why is he fighting meaningless fights when he should be calling out the best at 140? Why doesn't he rematch one of his losses?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                AMIR KHAN has been promised a brawl by Julio Diaz when he makes his British ring return on April 27.

Sheffield Arena is one of the venues being considered for Khan’s first fight in the UK in two years and former world lightweight champion Diaz claims it will be at a catchweight of 143lbs.

Bolton’s former world light-welterweight champion has found it hard finding an opponent, but Diaz has agreed to step down from welterweight.
                [Click Here To Read More]
                What a stupid matchup and a weight drained fighter too.There are many fighters Khan could have fought, his team had plenty of time to choose someone and is this the best they can find?

Comment

Second time Khan fights a guy whose name is same as a more famous fighter. For example Carlos Molina (same name as 154 Carlos Molina), and now Julio Diaz whose name sounds similar to Juan Diaz to the guy on the street. It's the boxing equivalent of selling a fake designer shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                    This spells a distinct lack of confidence by Khan's handlers. Why is he fighting meaningless fights when he should be calling out the best at 140? Why doesn't he rematch one of his losses?
                    Prescott is fighting next month I believe, Garcia injured + fighting Judah, Peterson just fought Holt. So that's not possible. From what I heard, they tried to get a good load of names over, because he wanted to fight in the UK - which is completely fair. JMM, Soto, Ortiz didn't want to come to the UK whereas Lopez, Senchencko didn't want to do the catch wait - all reasons that are also fair. I still think this fight should have been Prescott - Khan II but for some reason, it seems like the Khan camp just don't fancy that fight. Even though Prescott would probably be exposed. So they have to take what they can get, but expect to see Khan - Garcia II later this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X