Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couture is 47 years of age shot and has 10 losses.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couture is 47 years of age shot and has 10 losses.

So how does playing the old "shot" card work with Toney?

Just curious.

Couture is retired, he came out for this one fight which he so easily won.

I also find it hilarious how some on this site are saying this is "proof" Mma sucks.

how does getting defeated and man handled like a child prove that MMA sucks?
    Your thinking is....strange.

Couture was noble too. He could of ground and pounded him much, much more but decided to end it quickly by the choke.

If that was a real fight, couture could of done whatever he wanted to Toneys limp, helpless body after chocking him unconscious. He could of choked him to death, he could of stomped on his head. He could of done anything he wanted.

So once again, how is this a victory for boxing?

alright!

another August join date talkin about MMA

Comment

Originally posted by Fightfan82 View Post
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...61&postcount=5

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
        alright!

another August join date talkin about MMA
        turn him red!!!!

Comment

Age is not a good excuse, Couture is FIVE years older.

Toney's being OUT OF SHAPE is the real reason he performed so poorly.

Couture at age 47 was in EXCELLENT condition. Obviously he worked harder in preparing for the fight than James "Belly's Out" Toney.

Comment

Tired of all this UFC vs Boxing ****, they're 2 completely different sports and Toney was out of his realm. Stop comparing them and trash talking, it's getting boring.

Seriously I'd actually rather have all the Pac and Floyd rubbish back in here then hear more of this, at least it's about boxing.

Comment

MMA and Boxing can do their thing whilst both existing, stop trying to act like one sport is better than another. The truth is Toney went to the UFC cause he wasn't as relevant in Boxing anymore. At the end of the day you watch a sport because you like it, tryin to say one is better than another is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                Age is not a good excuse, Couture is FIVE years older.

Toney's being OUT OF SHAPE is the real reason he performed so poorly.

Couture at age 47 was in EXCELLENT condition. Obviously he worked harder in preparing for the fight than James "Belly's Out" Toney.
                ****ing bellys out!

Comment

Originally posted by Fightfan82 View Post
                  So how does playing the old "shot" card work with Toney?

Just curious.

Couture is retired, he came out for this one fight which he so easily won.

I also find it hilarious how some on this site are saying this is "proof" Mma sucks.

how does getting defeated and man handled like a child prove that MMA sucks?
                  Your thinking is....strange.

Couture was noble too. He could of ground and pounded him much, much more but decided to end it quickly by the choke.

If that was a real fight, couture could of done whatever he wanted to Toneys limp, helpless body after chocking him unconscious. He could of choked him to death, he could of stomped on his head. He could of done anything he wanted.

Sigh...

James Toney hadnt fought a top 10 fighter in 4 years...Couture had faced and at least competed with both Nogueira and Lesnar.
                  James Toney should have lost against Danny Betchleder(#135 or something HW in boxing) and Fres Oquendo.
                  James Toney was coming off a year long layoff and weighed 20lbs more than his last fight, in which he looked awful anyway against a bum that was actually landing a lot on him.
                  James Toney's prime was 16+ years ago and 70+ lbs ago. you cannot tell me Couture's prime was farther back than that.

now, this is all irrelevant...because Toney, without real training, probably would have never beaten Couture anyway. its not even his sport. but to pretend that Toney was less shot than Couture is flat out ******ed, when he was very obviously way worse off than Couture...and thats in his OWN SPORT.

enough already, if youre not going to actually talk boxing, get off the forum.

side note: pretending MMA and 'a real fight' are the same thing is unbelievably stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                    MMA and Boxing can do their thing whilst both existing, stop trying to act like one sport is better than another. The truth is Toney went to the UFC cause he wasn't as relevant in Boxing anymore. At the end of the day you watch a sport because you like it, tryin to say one is better than another is pointless.
                    I never said anything about one being better. I'm simply talking about the facts of what happened and the comments trashing MMA.

I am a boxing fan, but I am also an MMA fan. I don't like seeing one trashed by completely bitter jealously and bigotry.

It's just hilarious to me how some of these posters are trying to make out this particular humiliation into a victory. That wreaks of delusion.

Comment

Working...
                    X