Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expected Ward to win. He definently..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kov won. If it was in Russia kov would have lost only3 rounds on judges scorecards

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
      I had Kovalev winning 114-113 with the KD being the difference. This fight had a lot of rounds that could've gone either way, was difficult to score at times. I felt Kovalev won his rounds more clearly but scored an equal amount of rounds to Ward. Not a robbery by any means and wasn't surprised when they announced Ward's name but I think everyone can agree the fight definitely warrants a rematch.
      I absolutely can't disagree with your card. I wouldn't even disagree if you had it wider for Kovalev. Just so many close rounds.

As for rematch, hell yeah!!

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        Lost.

Sorry, Kovalev won. Surprized you all are kidding yourselves. You can't even call it a close fight. Ward didn't get dominated but it's pretty easy to see he lost this fight. Commentating was pretty bad on Jones part
        And even outside of effective punching ( which kovalev win) he also pressed the action while Ward ran and held. Robbery in my book.

For the record though, I thought ward would win.
        I'm with you man, I thought Ward would win too and just looking at the majority of ringside scoring, most people had it for Kovalev. The poll on here has it for Kovalev too. I had it for Kovalev as well.

Ward deserves credit for recovering from the beating he took in the first 6 rounds (even though the sky commentators had him up after those rounds lol) but he did not win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I absolutely can't disagree with your card. I wouldn't even disagree if you had it wider for Kovalev. Just so many close rounds.

As for rematch, hell yeah!!
          That can also go both ways. Spoke to my brother who had it 115-112 for Ward, he gave Ward everything after the 4th, said he was doing enough to "steal" the rounds. Couldn't argue with that either. Bring on the rematch!!!

Comment

Because be won an extremely close fight by 1 point, that's how.

It actually does matter. Because it's bogus and completely made up. It is not a rule and never has been.

If you win, you win. Whether it's 1 point or 12 points. You do know this, right?

Why do you keep saying "you got to take the belt from the champion" give me a source for this information.

All you have to do to beat the champion, as crazy as it sounds, is win the fight. Shocking, I know.
            Yeah very shocking indeed, the quote has been in boxing for donkey of years, you think getting upset about the quote makes you sound intelligent? Nope, the quote would be use for another donkey years.. deal with it.

I don't feel like Ward took the belt from Kov, Meaning he didnt do enough, he didn't deserve it as the challenger, maybe the champ didn't deserve to keep his belt but this challenger didn't deserve to take it neither...hence " You got to take the belt from the champion"

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
              There is no criteria in the judge's score sheets that rewards the champion. They score on a round by round basis. They saw Ward win 7 rounds.
              Agreed and thats how a fight should be scored. Still disagree with the 7 rounds, not sure where they got that from.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Yeah very shocking indeed, the quote has been in boxing for donkey of years, you think getting upset about the quote makes you sound intelligent? Nope, the quote would be use for another donkey years.. deal with it.

I don't feel like Ward took the belt from Kov, Meaning he didnt do enough, he didn't deserve it as the challenger, maybe the champ didn't deserve to keep his belt but this challenger didn't deserve to take it neither...hence " You got to take the belt from the champion"
                What does that matter? It's still not real, it's still as bogus and stupid as it was when it was first coined and it's still literally completely meaningless. Do you actually know this or do you actually think it's a real thing?

All you have to do to "do enough" is get more points than the other fighter. Whether it's 1, 12 or 200. How many times do you need to read that to understand?

Comment

I thought Ward would win, its not a robbery but Kovalev clearly won by 1, 2 points or rds

Both fighters rose to the occasion n the rematch is another toss up 50/50 fight

Comment

What does that matter? It's still not real, it's still as bogus and stupid as it was when it was first coined and it's still literally completely meaningless. Do you actually know this or do you actually think it's a real thing?

All you have to do to "do enough" is get more points than the other fighter. Whether it's 1, 12 or 200. How many times do you need to read that to understand?
                    It seems you believe its real, because that would make sense with your hold on that quote. Again you come up with "Get more point"... again am tell you "I dont think Ward won" the fight period. He got the judges point and got his "W".. But i dont think he did enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Agreed and thats how a fight should be scored. Still disagree with the 7 rounds, not sure where they got that from.
                      How do you agree with it? You're saying the opposite.

You're saying "that's how a fight should be scored" (on a round by round basis) then on the same page of the thread saying "the challenger has to take the belt from the champion" whatever the **** that even actually means.

Comment

Working...
                      X