Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any word of the Canelo-Khan ppv numbers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    Steve Kim also tweeted that from 2016 forward HBO will not be releasing ppv numbers for ANY events, that they will leave that to the promoters..........

which makes perfect sense, because as a publicly traded company, misstating earnings is a big no-no.......
    So those numbers should be public info?

Comment

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      So those numbers should be public info?
      total earnings for Time Warner are public info, but how far that data gets broken down is up to them. They have no legal obligation to disclose where every cent of revenue comes from.......

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        I mean its well known on here i sell insurance so i dont know where you are going with this.....hell my father owns the damn financial service agency..lol

pretty fly aint i..lol
        So if someone you're cool with on here wanted to buy insurance would you give them the hookup with a nice Boxing Scene discount?

Comment

• From Glaser:

HBO saying today they are not going to announce a PPV buy number for Canelo-Khan, but we have the number, 332,000 buys and that is horrible, that's why the "no announcement"
          I had predicted 325,000 so I only 7,000 off!

Comment

• Never understood why people thought Khan was this big draw. Canelo himself isn't doing over 500,000k without another big name. i dont think we would see numbers like Floyd and Pac did consistently anymore. Which might be good because there overpricing these ppvs, should lower this ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
              do you know where he posted his previous numbers for other fights?
              Originally posted by buckfangs View Post
              had to atleast double the Angulo fight no less then 700K is my guess
              Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
              he deleted a bunch of tweets it looks like.
              Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Damn...sounds like a flop. Why keep numbers away from public, even if they were only decent you let them go.
              Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
              we need rick glaser to give us the real numbers
              Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              post and discuss
              For what it's worth.....

HBO saying today they are not going to announce a PPV buy number for Canelo-Khan, but we have the number, 332,000 buys and that is horrible, that's why the "no announcement"
              https://www.facebook.com/rick.glaser.5

If you believe this you'd also have to believe the 97k number his low number for Berto-Mayweather and his low numbers for Pacquioa-Bradley

Comment

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                For what it's worth.....

https://www.facebook.com/rick.glaser.5

If you believe this you'd also have to believe the 97k number his low number for Berto-Mayweather and his low numbers for Pacquioa-Bradley
                Well the thing is, he's looking pretty good, since HBO will not release the numbers. They have to be terrible. When does HBO not release their PPV buys? When it absolutely bombs. Not looking good

Comment

• Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                  From Glaser:

Wouldn't that place it at,or around what canelo-lara did?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I think a lot of people don't think PBC ever intends to do a PPV. Honestly I'm not 100% confident they will do PPV either, but I suspect it'll have to happen at some point when they grow names big enough.
                      It'll be a long time before PBC is in a situation where they have to go to PPV, which is how things should be, tbh.

Still, people are underestimating the scope of money in play; the UFC got $100m put on what's amounted to 30 shows per year and TUF, yet still kept 10-12 PPVs for themselves. Fox was unlikely to get McGregor or Ronda fighting on their channel, but imagine what they would've been ready to front for Cormier-Gustafson, Velasquez-Verdum or even Johnson-Horiguchi.

Haymon's PBC is going to give a broadcaster (likely Showtime/CBS) the opportunity to pick up most of the meaningful fights in boxing, with the risk of 1-3 of those shows being worth too much to be put on their channel instead of PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X