Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Update* Witnesses testimony in Trayvon Martin murder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    The trouble is that this case has been hijacked by people who have jumped to the conclusion that it was entirely racially based, right down to insisting that the shooter was white while the victim was black, ignoring the fact that the shooter is also a visible minority.

The truth is that it may have been racially motivated, it may have been a case that his skin colour meant he looked like he "didn't belong", but it could just as easily been a conclusion reached because of his age or his manner of dress. There's no evidence that it was racially motivated.
    Sorry but that is one in the same. If the kid was white, would Zimmerman pursued him the way he did or said he looked "suspicious"?

See, the problem with people who assume that being a racist is only wearing a white hood over your head or being a skin head is that there are millions of racist people that just don't wear it outwardly for the world to see.

I have heard many a time people say they are "scared" of blacks or Mexicans if they see them in a group. I have myself seen women and men cross the street when they see me coming or move their purses to the other side of their bodies because I'm standing next to them.

I understand blacks and Latino's may have a bad rep in some areas but the bottom line is that I shouldn't suffer for the crimes of people I don't even know, never met and have nothing to do with.

This man saw a young black kid wearing a hoodie in his neighborhood and that sparked an internal, subconscious racial alarm that I will argue would not have happened if the kid was white wearing shorts and a t-shirt with flip flops.

Being a bigot isn't relegated to just having a swastika on your skin, there's a lot of people who are as equally racist who just don't let you know about it.

"These ass.holes always get away with everything" - Zimmerman

Hmmm, that tells me a lot to where his mind is at. That fat, piece of dog **** got his ass kicked by a 14 year old kid and he murdered him. Good luck in the pen where you will be surrounded by nothing but dark skinned people.
    Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 03-20-2012, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
      I heard the phone call where George called 911 and I am convinced the kid was trying to steal money for the candy to watch the all star game. George's voice comes across as genuinely nervous so I think it was self defense. Still so sad. Death is sad.
      That's really not something to make fun of.

Comment

The liberal anti-gun media is exploiting this for political reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
          The young man was shot in the chest. The person shouting for help sounds like Zimmerman. Zimmerman told police he was shouting for help when they arrived and he had a bloody face and bloody head. If Trayvon doesn't have any physical injuries apart from the gunshot then I think it'll become obvious this was self-defense. We'll just have to wait and see before we can make judgement.
          That is not a fact, at least 3 witnesses say otherwise. This is not obvious self defense or will become obvious. Zimmerman disregarded the warning of the law inforcment agent talking his call & followed the boy anyway thus instigating this entire ordeal. I cannot believe the extent that those trying to defend his actions are taking. If Zimmerman never followed the boy with a loaded gun, which btw is the only known fact, this would never have happened, period.

Maniac can sit here & say he was trying to do the right thing from here till there & claim he shouldn't be punished for that. He should be punished for the death of an unarmed minor which he caused by following the boy which resulted in a scuffle & ultimately the death of the boy who had every right to be where he was.

Comment

Sad this case gets more attention than the 10 deaths (including a 6 year old girl playing in her front yard) and 40 injuries in Chicago.

Blacks killing blacks, nobody cares. White guy shoots black kid, media storm.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              Sad this case gets more attention than the 10 deaths (including a 6 year old girl playing in her front yard) and 40 injuries in Chicago.

That comparison is ridiculous. Blacks killing blacks in the inner city of Chicago is happening mostly because of drug and gang violence, there's an understanding and cause to these problems.

A kid walking home and being singled out BECAUSE he's black and wearing a hoodie and then being killed, is a murder for nothing more than some idiot choosing to take the law into his own hands.

Neither life is more important than the next but you could have brought up the hundreds of thousands that die because of drunk drivers or slip in stores due to slippery surfaces left negligibly by employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                That comparison is ridiculous. Blacks killing blacks in the inner city of Chicago is happening mostly because of drug and gang violence, there's an understanding and cause to these problems.

A kid walking home and being singled out BECAUSE he's black and wearing a hoodie and then being killed, is a murder for nothing more than some idiot choosing to take the law into his own hands.

Neither life is more important than the next but you could have brought up the hundreds of thousands that die because of drunk drivers or slip in stores due to slippery surfaces left negligibly by employees.
                Oh that's BS. So because death was caused by gang/drug related reasoning it's understandable?!?

What's understandable is a guy making a dumbass choice during a vilolent confrontation. What isn't is a 6 year old girl playing in her front yard getting shot up. Oh because it wasn't a POSSIBLY racially inspired murder we're just going to pretend it didn't happen. No wonder things don't change.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                  The liberal anti-gun media is exploiting this for political reasons.
                  Using red font doesn't make you less of an idiot.

Comment

Oh that's BS. So because death was caused by gang/drug related reasoning it's understandable?!?

What's understandable is a guy making a dumbass choice during a vilolent confrontation. What isn't is a 6 year old girl playing in her front yard getting shot up. Oh because it wasn't a POSSIBLY racially inspired murder we're just going to pretend it didn't happen. No wonder things don't change.
                    I said there's an understanding to it, yes it's completely different. This is a bigger story because there was no gangs violence, drug violence a part of it.

Again, it's not ACCEPTABLE which is the way I think you took the word "understandable" it's just a bigger shock because of WHY it happened.

It was clear negligence on the part of Zimmerman and if he would have simply listened to the police, that kid wouldn't be dead.

Comment

no offense but that's one of the dumbest comparisons I read had those blacks killing blacks not been arrested on the murder scene or if Zimmerman guy was white then your comment would have made some sense

Comment

Working...
                      X