No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios vs Victor Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Rios vs Victor Ortiz

Now that rios has moved up in weight this fight can actually happen an considering the back ground they have together I always wanted to see it go down. What do you guys think????? I got victor winning SD only cuz victor can box more

Victor maybe a quitting ***** but I'm certain he wrecks Bum Bum.

Comment

Ill take Ortiz allday everyday over Rios.

Comment

My head says that when it comes to guys who like to bang, you go with the bigger and stronger guy.

However, Rios has shown the heart of a lion and has never been badly hurt while Ortiz has been dropped numerous times and has quit...he was also beaten in a war by Lopez, who was smaller than him.

I've got Rios.

Comment

I used to think Ortiz would be too much physically but Rios is much stronger mentally and that's why I'm leaning towards him.

Comment

Ortiz puts a beating on Rios for 5 or 6 rounds then quits once the tide turns against him.

Comment

I'll take Ortiz if his jaw is the same.

Comment

Ortiz' mental state is the key in this one for me. He's an enigma. This fight, given the history, would definately ensure Ortiz would not give up, similar to the Berto fight. He seems to rise when the chips are down. Coupled with Ortiz's superior ability to box when he's on his game, he's definately got more dimensions to win this fight.

On the flipside, he could also come in too pumped, play into Rios's hands in a slugfest and do something stupid. The extra aggression in this fight would only boost Rios, who'd just keep coming and coming. Ortiz by a very close UD or possible SD.

Comment

ortiz has a glass heart and now a broken jaw. i don't know why but, i still favor him over bum bum.

Comment

It's always nice to look into a thread and see everyone posting sensible responses, rather than "Rios destroys Ortiz."

Let's face it, Ortiz clearly has more talent than Rios. Rios doesn't box at all. Victor has power, accuracy, reasonably good defense, physical strength and good boxing skills. He's also a southpaw.

Rios has... a great chin? Thudding, consistent power (possibly overrated). No boxing skills whatsoever.

And like everyone else is saying, it's definitely up to whether or not Ortiz loses it mid-rounds and either starts hugging Rios or trying to order a big mac and small fries from the ref.

Ortiz via KO.

Comment

Working...
                    X