No announcement yet.

Marcel Cerdan had anniversary of the death yesterday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcel Cerdan had anniversary of the death yesterday

Why we know so little about fighter that good?why is he forgoten?
    Irondan plz explain .

Marcel Cerdan was definitely a top quality fighter. Highly skilled, but tough also.

His resume lacks slightly because he spent a lot of his career in Europe, he beat some good names but a lot were past their best days.

He was outboxing Lamotta before the injury. Rematch was signed but sadly he died in the plane crash before it happened.

Cerdan was really good, really nice to watch and had a a lot of skill. He's one of the top quality European fighters.

Top 10 MW, if not just outside.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Marcel Cerdan was definitely a top quality fighter. Highly skilled, but tough also.

His resume lacks slightly because he spent a lot of his career in Europe, he beat some good names but a lot were past their best days.

He was outboxing Lamotta before the injury. Rematch was signed but sadly he died in the plane crash before it happened.

Cerdan was really good, really nice to watch and had a a lot of skill. He's one of the top quality European fighters.

Top 10 MW, if not just outside.
      is he forgoten by insiders cuse he was from europe?its tragedy that there was no rematch with Lamoota also we would have fight with SRR probably,Fight with Zale was fun to watch just finished damn 40s and 50s was the ****,im glad i watched this documetaris.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        is he forgoten by insiders cuse he was from europe?its tragedy that there was no rematch with Lamoota also we would have fight with SRR probably,Fight with Zale was fun to watch just finished damn 40s and 50s was the ****,im glad i watched this documetaris.
        Perhaps.

I think he just didn't live up to this potential and his career (and life) was sadly cut short.
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 10-28-2016, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I thought so,RIP champ

Comment

I know about Cerdan. He was a great middleweight who lost to Jake LaMotta due to a shoulder injury and probably would have beat LaMotta without the injury. Cerdan KOed the equally great but past prime Toney Zale to win the title. He was killed in a plane crash returning to the states to rematch LaMotta.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I know about Cerdan. He was a great middleweight who lost to Jake LaMotta due to a shoulder injury and probably would have beat LaMotta without the injury. Cerdan KOed the equally great but past prime Toney Zale to win the title. He was killed in a plane crash returning to the states to rematch LaMotta.
              thats correct,damn we have some old people on this forum,or very interested in history like me.He was also ****ing Édith Piaf,lucky mofo

Comment

Working...
              X