No announcement yet.

Peter Quillin has an equal, if not better resume than Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    GGG has KOed something like his last 16 guys in a row.
    There is nothing impressive about knocking out 16 straight TOMATO CANs...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Usman View Post
      Yet Gennady golovkin gets all this credit lol honestly it must be the surprise factor more than anything.

Real talk, who here knew who the hell GGG was until his scheduled fight with Proska in late 2012? it was an impressive performance no doubt but then this causes a frenzy when people hear the hype from the fanboy HBO crew, then fans check his record on BoxRec and see he has an impressive knockout ratio but they ignore the nobodies on the resume beside Proska, that my friends is the chain of events which cause HYPEEEE.

Peter Quillin by no means has the most amazing resume but this is my point about GGG being so highly hyped despite not having an amazing resume.

Gennady Golovkin's notable wins: -Proska

-Rosado

-Macklin

-Stevens

Peter Quillin's notable wins: - Ronald Wright*

- N'Dam

- Guerrero

- Rosado

*(past his best I know)

As you can see there really isn't a major difference win you take into account the difference in praise. Stevens is a solid contender and a good win for Golovkin although do you see Jesse Brinkley or Marcos Primera get the praise GGG gets? After all, they did beat Stevens before him. In other words, it was a good win but nothing special.

Peter Quillin defeated the tough champion Hassan N'dam when he was undefeated, knocking him down 6 times in the process. This is a more impressive win than anything on Golovkin's resume. Yeah sure Macklin is a good win but it's similar to the Curtis Stevens win, it's already been achieved by Jamie Moore and Andrew Facey so it's nothing special and shouldn't be such a hyped win, not to mention champions at the time like Martinez and Sturm had defeated him BEFORE Golovkin.

That leave Rosado who Golovkin did get to first, another solid win from Golovkin but nothing special when you consider the hype to quality of opponent ratio.
      What's your point? Golovkin is hyped because of his potential, I personally have never aruged he's proven, in fact I constantly remind people he isn't but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve his hype, his potential is scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        What's your point? Golovkin is hyped because of his potential, I personally have never aruged he's proven, in fact I constantly remind people he isn't but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve his hype, his potential is scary.
        My point is that his resume is the same as Quillin's....

Potential at 32? ok, how can he get any better? He's not a late bloomer he's had 300 amateur fights and will have his 30th professional fight soon, he in his prime NOW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Usman View Post
          My point is that his resume is the same as Quillin's....

Potential at 32? ok, how can he get any better? He's not a late bloomer he's had 300 amateur fights and will have his 30th professional fight soon, he in his prime NOW.
          So organise him a SuperSix, boy. C'mon, folks, are you for the first time in pro boxing? GGG's resume sucks, and he himself is NOT happy with it. Quillin's resume sucks even more, but he IS happy with it.

A slight edge to Quillin though because he inspires people like no one else. He is a true role model unlike GGG who sets a bad example by earning money in the United States and taking some American boxer's spot, screw this foreigner.

Comment

• quillin is awesome and a real threat ... just as good if not better than GGG ... unless a fight between them is announced ... then Quillin is untested, a bum, another tomato can for GGG to knock over etc etc.

Comment

• Neither guy has fought good competition besides a few decent names, but I'm just not impressed with Quillen while GGG seems to have more potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                quillin is awesome and a real threat ... just as good if not better than GGG ... unless a fight between them is announced ... then Quillin is untested, a bum, another tomato can for GGG to knock over etc etc.

GGG is moving along nicely and continues to gain momentum, while somewhere Quillin has found himself stuck in a maze of tumbleweeds.

I wish I knew what Quillin was waiting for.

Comment

Working...
                X