Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPV buys for final 3 events of 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bold Prediction: Broner-Maidana is going to outsell JMM-Bradley (not by much though). JMM-Bradley is a more even matchup, but JMM hasn't demonstrated an ability to be better than a good B-side (even after 2 Pacquiao and a Barrera fight) and Bradley's personality hasn't been attractive enough to the casual fans. Broner's personality might be off putting to some, but it is intriguing to most. Forget about who you like or dislike atm and ask yourself who will provoke fans to spend their $50 to watch their fight...

JMM-Bradley 250-350K
    Pacquiao-Rios 500-600K (the fight being in China is going to hurt the US interest of the fight)
    Broner-Maidana 300-400K

Comment

JMM v. Bradley - 400-500k
      Pacquiao v. Rios - 600k
      Broner v. Maidana - 200-300k
      Last edited by _original_; 09-26-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
        Bold Prediction: Broner-Maidana is going to outsell JMM-Bradley (not by much though). JMM-Bradley is a more even matchup, but JMM hasn't demonstrated an ability to be better than a good B-side (even after 2 Pacquiao and a Barrera fight) and Bradley's personality hasn't been attractive enough to the casual fans. Broner's personality might be off putting to some, but it is intriguing to most. Forget about who you like or dislike atm and ask yourself who will provoke fans to spend their $50 to watch their fight...

JMM-Bradley 250-350K
        Pacquiao-Rios 500-600K (the fight being in China is going to hurt the US interest of the fight)
        Broner-Maidana 300-400K
        Marquez just came off a KO off one of the biggest stars in boxing, has all the Mexican support, and Bradley is a known name (although negatively). This fight is aslo getting the 24/7 treatment and an African American v. Mexican is a recipe for success.

Broner v. Maidana has what exactly?

Comment

PAC I see maybe 700k
          Juan I see about 5-6
          Broner 3-5

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Marquez just came off a KO off one of the biggest stars in boxing, has all the Mexican support, and Bradley is a known name (although negatively). This fight is aslo getting the 24/7 treatment and an African American v. Mexican is a recipe for success.

Broner v. Maidana has what exactly?
            Broner maidana has the better card by a lot. I like JMM v Bradley but for my money I want more than one fight to watch. But I know me and I'll end up buying them all when it's closer.

Comment

I really don't understand why people think Broner/Maidana is going outsell JMM-Bradley

JMM-Bradley are both names known to the public. The Mexican versus African American rivalry will be in full effect for this one especially after the Nelo/Floyd fight.

Broner vs. Maidana is in between 3 of the biggest shows of the year. Pac/Rios, UFC 167 and 168. Why would any casual fan buy that PPV?I love Maidana but no one outside the dedicated fans knows who he is.

Comment

I bought both Floyd fights and ill buy pacs fight. That said, ill go:

Bradley/Marquez - 400,000

Broner/maidana - 250,000

Pac vs Rios - 700,000

But I totally think arum will lie about the totals of his two fights or continue to not release the results.

Comment

pacman kos rios : 900k (dont under estimate rios' ability to draw plus hes mexican)

bradley ud marquez : 300-350k (bradley has absolutely zero draw & the undercards non-exhistent)

broner ud maidana : 150k (broner first ppv & he hasnt fought anyone to win over their fan base yet, undercards dont matter as much as we think as for ppv numbers are concerned, us on nsb care about them, but its the main event that draws. secondly nobody (general public) even knows who maidana is)

with that said.. 2 more fights & golovkin becomes a ppv draw w a formidable opponent

Comment

They havent really hyped this Marquez Bradley fight like they should have. They should have shown promos of Marquez 2 big right hands that knocked pac down then out all over broadcasts. Then hype Bradley as STILL UNDEFEATED but nope... so i think
                    Marquez-Bradley = 300K
                    Broner-Maidana = 250K casuals aint paying nobodies they dont know
                    Pac-Rios= 650-700K (this fight is dependant on China ppv buys now not us) The fight taking place outside us hurt its buys here

Comment

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
                      pacman kos rios : 900k (dont under estimate rios' ability to draw plus hes mexican)

bradley ud marquez : 300-350k (bradley has absolutely zero draw & the undercards non-exhistent)

broner ud maidana : 150k (broner first ppv & he hasnt fought anyone to win over their fan base yet, undercards dont matter as much as we think as for ppv numbers are concerned, us on nsb care about them, but its the main event that draws. secondly nobody (general public) even knows who maidana is)

with that said.. 2 more fights & golovkin becomes a ppv draw w a formidable opponent
                      you really think casuals or general public know who rios is? Hahaha! Everyone I have spoke to have no idea who he is but whatever. Like I said more than likely I buying all 3

Comment

Working...
                      X