Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Wants Lucas Matthysse December 15, on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To have any chance of not having his head knocked off by Matthysse, he'd have to reinvent himself very quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Didn't Khan say he didn't know who Matthysse was earlier too?
      A ploy to get Lucas worked up

The fact he mentioned his name tells you there is a fight in the works very soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
        To have any chance of not having his head knocked off by Matthysse, he'd have to reinvent himself very quickly.
        So I take it you don't buy into the "lucky punch" theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Remember how many were calling Khan stupid after the Guzman rumor? He must be mentally unstable if he wants to fight Matthysse. Khan is gonna get TAXED.
          I believe Khan thinks he's still the most talented fighter at 140 and his skills are far suprieror to. He just needs a trainer to fix his defense to be the best in the division again

Comment

• I'm ready for bambi on ice part IV, make it happen. Lucas might seriously end this kids career. as much as khan annoys me I will give khan props though he's got balls.

Comment

• Khan got Balls!! Unlike Floyd!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                I believe Khan thinks he's still the most talented fighter at 140 and his skills are far suprieror to. He just needs a trainer to fix his defense to be the best in the division again
                His entire mentality has to change. Irresponsible defense/offense are symptoms of a greater issue.

Comment

• I commend khan on his heart and fighter mentality, but at this point in his career this would be a dumb fight to take imo. He needs to get himself a good coach, and further develope his defense/out fighting. This fight could easily end his career, being ko'd again, he needs to be smart about this.

Comment

• That would be a somewhat gutsy choice, but Matthysse weaknesses are open to what Khan does if Khan fights the proper fight.

If Khan fought the fight in a gutsy manner he would get destroyed but if he fights for the lack of a better term "scared" using his attributes to keep Matthysse from really getting into his fight his chances are decent.

The big question would be can Khan hold that up for enough of the fight to win, and if he starts to fall off is he capable of making it to the end.

It would be an interesting choice though.
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-12-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• It would be similar to Khan/Maidana, except that Lucas won't be hitting the canvas and would adjust to Khan's speed faster and would cut off the ring better. The only person hitting the canvas would be Khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X