Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: Brook Worried That Losing To Spence Will Kill Our Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
    Winning the Silver at the Olympics at 17 years old meant he has carried a sense of entitlement, arrogance and delusion right from the start of his pro career, and no matter now many times he gets badly KTFO or hurt, nothing brings him down. I sometimes wonder how things had turned out if he wasn't at the Olympics, if he was just a regular prospect having to grind his way up.

Anyway, here's the video where he calls himself a superstar, without any irony at 5:55. Oddly enough, at 7:00 onwards, he talks about being humble and grounded.

I thought the same thing when I watched.. his arrogance so deep, it wouldn't even occur to him how much irony and contradiction fills everything he says

I hope brook does fight and beat spence first, don't give these cranks even an inch.. the only people I've personally come across who are as delusional as khan about who is avoiding what, its british asians

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
      The hold up has to do with that image of Brook's skull you posted. Brook will put things off for a while until he's 100% recovered from that eye injury.
      He's never going to recover from that eye injury. Many people warned Eddie Hearn that GGG would end Brook, and most of them were right. Brook is finished, that injury will occur again if he steps into that ring.

Its not Spence's fault Brook was on a suicide mission...

Brook was going to avoid Spence no matter what though..

Spence will retire Brook...Kell is one loss away from retirement, he's not going to fight Spence...

Khan is saying he wants the fight at the end of 2017 (and that's not even 100%, because i have a feeling Khan would much rather fight Thurman/Garcia winner for the wbc strap)...so Brook will either have to fight Spence in the meantime, or drop the title...if he drops the title, he'll be labeled a duck for the rest of his career...
      Last edited by FrankieBruno; 01-03-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxhec View Post
        i don't like hearn but he don't fear to put brook against golovkin, and i talked about the brook fans who say that brook/khan is more interesting than brook/spence and of course they think brook will win those two fights easily, spence would stop brook imo
        i am a huge spence fan but i would not bet on him stopping brook...... It will be a tough ass fight for both guys i think..... Brook will probably hug and hold even more than the porter fight..... Especially in london with those crooked ass refs and judges it could get complicated for spence!

Comment

Originally posted by Gjh92 View Post
          Doesnt really look like Brook is doing the chasing anymore. Khan seems to be doing most of the talking now when it comes 2 this fight, which would lead me to believe he wants it more now.
          Brook has a mandatory. Khan said he's fighting an interim fight. Hearn is trying to get Khan to fight Brook now. Hearn even said they're trying to get it done by January. Khan said if Brook vacates he doesn't want to fight him. Khan said Brook should fight Spence first. Brook's side is trying to make a fight with Khan and not even discussing their mandatory. They're chasing Khan

Comment

That is WEAK using Spence Jr as his Gate Keeper or something, Spence Jr would beat your ass too KHAN!

Comment

If Amir Khan and Abel Sanchez suddenly lost the ability to speak the world would be a better place. There's not a more delusional human being in the planet then Amir Khan. He's a fking bum who gets KTFO everytime he fights a high level fighter yet he somehow thinks he's a superstar who runs things..

Comment

Khan is wanting Spence to beat Brook so it kills the fight not the other way around.

Comment

I just wanna see Khan at 147 against anybody, because he will get another KO loss and hopefully shut up...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    He's never going to recover from that eye injury. Many people warned Eddie Hearn that GGG would end Brook, and most of them were right. Brook is finished, that injury will occur again if he steps into that ring.

Its not Spence's fault Brook was on a suicide mission...

Brook was going to avoid Spence no matter what though..

Spence will retire Brook...Kell is one loss away from retirement, he's not going to fight Spence...

Khan is saying he wants the fight at the end of 2017 (and that's not even 100%, because i have a feeling Khan would much rather fight Thurman/Garcia winner for the wbc strap)...so Brook will either have to fight Spence in the meantime, or drop the title...if he drops the title, he'll be labeled a duck for the rest of his career...
                    I agree. Many don't realize the impact that type of injury has on a fighter but it will be his Achilles' heel for sure. And subconsciously he will adapt his fighting style to avoid getting hit on that side which will be his undoing.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
                      I agree. Many don't realize the impact that type of injury has on a fighter but it will be his Achilles' heel for sure. And subconsciously he will adapt his fighting style to avoid getting hit on that side which will be his undoing.
                      Indeed, that injury was no joke...also you have to look at the psychological impact of coming back from a loss, especially it being your first loss and in such a devastating fashion

Very few boxers recover from such a loss so late in their careers, most never rise back to the top.

I'm happy Brook made a couple of mil because at least he has something to fall back on now...

Also Brook went up to 160, now he's going to come back down to 147, he will kill himself to make the weight and this will play a factor in the fight.
                      Last edited by FrankieBruno; 01-03-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X