No announcement yet.

People who stop supporting boxers because of a loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who stop supporting boxers because of a loss

Why do people/fans stop supporting boxers just because of a loss or a set back?

I used to see guys raving about Khan going on like they was his biggest fan, ''Khan is the best at 140, he'd beat everyone. He would even beat Floyd, ur just a hater'' he suffers a set back and now all they do is hate on him!

They only like a guy when he is on top.

Fighters can bounce back like, sometimes a loss can be a good thing. It can humble a fighter, make him train harder and get him to work his weaknesses.
    Its not always the end of the road. Losses happen!

I guess it gets me how quick some guys are to jump ship though I do admire some fans for their loyalty.

This is why I hate boxing fans.
    They are the worst fans in the world..
    and people wonder why boxers feel the need to protect their record..

Comment

If people werent such ****ty fans and kept supporting boxers that lost.. maybe the bigger and better fights would be made more often.. its a lose lose for you fans and all they do is complain afterwards

Comment

Fair weather fans. Seems like people on here remain fans, they just tone down the crap talk a bit. Yeah Khan did have a lot of people riding with him on this site and it went virtually quiet when he got knocked out.

Comment

Hell I'm still an Ortiz fan even after back to back losses and a face lube commercial.

Comment

i admit , im guilty of that myself ...

Comment

My Khan hate is sarcasm, for the record.

Comment

It is a problem, but given that Khan is the fighter in question I can understand some of his fans jumping ship considering how he deals with losses.

I can also understand the Dawson situation. Very immature in the wake of the fight.

But the fans who jumped ship on Pacquiao for example, they are inexcusable. Pacquiao was nothing but classy towards Marquez.

In most cases if you jump ship after your fighter loses, you weren't a fan worth having anyway. That's how I see it.

Comment

It was depressing to see people who were Pacquiao fans act like he is garbage after he got KO'ed

Comment

i only support chris john and cesar rene cuenca and since they are unbeatable i can't relate to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X