No announcement yet.

James DeGale vs. Lucian Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    murray beat martinez according to most and about half the people think he beat sturm. i wouldn't consider that journeyman status since those were 2 of the best in the division. because of politics/luck he didn't get the W so it gives fuel to haters who like to discredit fighters but non biased fans would say he was a top fighter. you can make the argument that 160 was a weak division but to say muray was nothing more than a journeyman isn't fair. oh btw i love ggg
    I thought he beat Martinez but how healthy was Sergio and how lightly did he take Murray?

I thought he lost to Sturm. People just try to say he was robbed in that fight to make him sound better than he is. Sturm lost his previous fight to Macklin and has lost more than half of his recent fights. He's done.

Murray went life and death a couple of times with Khomistky who is a journeyman so that's about his real level.

Murray is at 168 now, maybe he'll get the chance to be embarrassed by DeGale or Dirrell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      I thought he beat Martinez but how healthy was Sergio and how lightly did he take Murray?

I thought he lost to Sturm. People just try to say he was robbed in that fight to make him sound better than he is. Sturm lost his previous fight to Macklin and has lost more than half of his recent fights. He's done.

Murray went life and death a couple of times with Khomistky who is a journeyman so that's about his real level.

Murray is at 168 now, maybe he'll get the chance to be embarrassed by DeGale or Dirrell.
      khomitsky is pretty good actually. he was disgustingly robbed against Stieglitz who was one of the better 168 pounders of the last 5 years. a fight he was winning handily when they stopped it because he didn't have tape on his gloves? i still have no idea what went on there. he also beat some good prospects in etches and buglioni. if those guys are fighting for titles then how is khomitsky who beat them just a journeyman? obviously i am just hyping him up because ggg easily destroyed him

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        khomitsky is pretty good actually. he was disgustingly robbed against Stieglitz who was one of the better 168 pounders of the last 5 years. a fight he was winning handily when they stopped it because he didn't have tape on his gloves? i still have no idea what went on there. he also beat some good prospects in etches and buglioni. if those guys are fighting for titles then how is khomitsky who beat them just a journeyman? obviously i am just hyping him up because ggg easily destroyed him
        Buglioni and Etches are ****

Comment

Apparently it's going to be in Canada

http://www.rds.ca/combat/boxe/boxe-l...ce=twitterfeed

Makes the fight more interesting. DeGale can't afford to switch off as he tends to do.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Yeah but those bouts were 5+ years prior and in the mean time there was the brain injury, inactivity, and no decent opponents. So hard to gauge the real value of that win
            Dirrel was shot too bits ... I love that guy as a fighter with the talent he showed against Froch and Abraham and believe it or not before he fought them he looked terrible... running away from journeymen,but catching them with something clean and beating them but just looking sloppy..but boy when he stepped to Froch and Abrham you could tell he was giving 100% and it was world class

so in the mean time whilst he was building himself up fighting the rockins and Derrick colemans of the world post brain injury I thought he could still have it he's just throwing his skills out the window fighting bums and honestly thought the 100% (Froch,Abraham) Dirrel mighyt still have been in him and he'd show up against Degale... but unfortunatly he looked like Dog **** ..Totally shot shadow of himself...he def lost a step and a hella lot of speed/reflex
            Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 09-25-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X