No announcement yet.

Not stopping Marquez in the first Pac fight was a GREAT call from Cortez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not stopping Marquez in the first Pac fight was a GREAT call from Cortez

Say what you want about Cortez but he did a great job by giving Marquez one last chance to get up when he looked like he was done after the 3rd knockdown. A lot of referees would have stopped the fight and nobody would have complained about it. Give credit where credit is due, it was a great call.

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Say what you want about Cortez
    Oh I already have, numerous times

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Say what you want about Cortez but he did a great job by giving Marquez one last chance to get up when he looked like he was done after the 3rd knockdown. A lot of referees would have stopped the fight and nobody would have complained about it. Give credit where credit is due, it was a great call.

Respectfully, i thought there was no reason to stop the fight. As such, its hard to give Cortez credit for doing his job correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Respectfully, i thought there was no reason to stop the fight. As such, its hard to give Cortez credit for doing his job correctly.
        Yeah Marquez was on the canvas holding his head with his eyes closed like he was suffering from brain damage but there was no reason at all to stop the fight...

Comment

had it been stopped it would have been a DQ or NC I guarantee you Marquez would have contested and won

Comment

No reason to stop it, Márquez was conciouss enough to break his own fall, imagine fights getting stopped because someone gets a little dizzy. He could have DQ Pac no prob though.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
              No reason to stop it, Márquez was conciouss enough to break his own fall, imagine fights getting stopped because someone gets a little dizzy. He could have DQ Pac no prob though.
              not only that put Marquez was punching back at no point did he look hurt the only thing he could have stopped the fight was the punch from while he was down I give props to Marquez for not rolling around and try to get him DQ'd

Comment

Pacquiao crapped his pants when he saw JMM get back up.

Comment

if Cortez stopped the fight, we wouldn't be having a 4th one on Saturday

Comment

Agree, alot a refs today automatically stop fights after three knockdowns even though the 3 kd rule isnt in effect. Look at the Banks-Mitchell fight, I thought Cotton could have let the fight go on...

Comment

Working...
                    X