Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Fury Vehemently Denies Doping Allegations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you imagine how the brits are going to spin this one if it turns out to be true?

we've got to wait for something more substantial than rumors, [rumours, sorry ,] but i have no reservations about accusations of a guy who completely overhauls his body from tubby and out of shape to fighting ready in a few months.

fury even flaunts how out of shape he gets. i hope he's clean, but i will not be surprised if he is not.

if anybody remember fury in his youth, he was a chubby little bunny. he still boxed, mind you, so it wasn't like he was sitting around then!

then he gets older, keeps his bad habits AND he slims down? that's just not how it works. either he changed the way he trained and ate, or something is reversed.

Comment

Importantly they dont deny that the investigation is taking place.

UKAD also said they 'cant comment on an ongoing investigation' rather than, 'no, we are not investigating Fury'.

It seems clear to me that he and/or Hughie has failed a test, or is being investigated. Whether the details (which drug, which test, whether its one or both of the cousins etc) are correct is completely up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Importantly they dont deny that the investigation is taking place.

UKAD also said they 'cant comment on an ongoing investigation' rather than, 'no, we are not investigating Fury'.

It seems clear to me that he and/or Hughie has failed a test, or is being investigated. Whether the details (which drug, which test, whether its one or both of the cousins etc) are correct is completely up in the air.
        So if I understand this correctly.. He failed a test that & the samples for which were taken back in Feb/Mar 15. According to
        https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...est-nandrolone

The Sunday Mirror claimed that test samples taken between February and March in 2015, before Fury’s first bout with Klitschko, led to an investigation by UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) officials. The paper said that Fury and his cousin “then attended a meeting in September, when he was told the levels of the steroid found were higher than the body would naturally produce”.
        So he knew all along that he had it in his body.. So I am not sure how long UKAD usually takes to publish test results, but they have got to be one of the slowest agency to publish the test results..
        Last edited by BoxingFan85; 06-27-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Uh oh, legal process? That's ongoing?
          Doesn't sound great does it? Could simply mean their processes are legally bound, but who knows? Not I, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            can you imagine how the brits are going to spin this one if it turns out to be true?
            Brits ain't all the same, just like people from any part of the world ain't all the same. Just sayin'.

I'm sitting on the fence only on account of preferring to see what the outcome is before saying much for or against. But I think it's fair to say allegations like this are a ****storm from the get go whatever the outcome.
            Last edited by Reverb; 06-27-2016, 02:40 PM.

Comment

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty.

But this would explain Hughie's horrible acne.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverb View Post
                Brits ain't all the same, just like people from any part of the world ain't all the same. Just sayin'.

I'm sitting on the fence only on account of preferring to see what the outcome is before saying much for or against. But I think it's fair to say allegations like this are a ****storm from the get go whatever the outcome.

brits are a much more ****genous fanbase than americans. they root for their guys, and that's fine. americans import a lot of talent. pacquiao isn't american, for example, and he outsold floyd mayweather during parts of their careers, and is one of hte highest grossing fighters of all time in spite of the fact that he's from another continent.

if there's a british import that fits that bill i'd love to hear about him, and it's for the reason that he doesn't exist that i'm much more inclined to call the british fanbase ****genous fanboys.

our fanboys are probably worse [more obnoxious] than theirs, but ours aren't simply out there rooting for americans. they pick certain americans. blacks, mexicans, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  So if I understand this correctly.. He failed a test that & the samples for which were taken back in Feb/Mar 15. According to
                  https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...est-nandrolone

So he knew all along that he had it in his body.. So I am not sure how long UKAD usually takes to publish test results, but they have got to be one of the slowest agency to publish the test results..

well you've got to wait for your fighter to fight for the world championship and win. and ideally he beats up his opponent with the benefit of the drugs, so he can't be in any real condition to rematch.

what i'm worried about is joshua. if turnpike fury is getting his test swept under the rug, WTF will they do when the biggest potential cash cow in british boxing history pops positive?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty.

But this would explain Hughie's horrible acne.

hughie's just a kid. i had awful acne until i was well out of college and on my own. didn't clear up from my chest and my back until i was 25. that's not really a red flag in my book.

now, when marquez, a middle aged man who had been losing muscle tone and leanness for years, pops a bunch of acne and goes through puberty #2 when he hooks up with memo heredia, you accuse. and you really don't need proof. marquez went through puberty in his late 30's... again.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      well you've got to wait for your fighter to fight for the world championship and win. and ideally he beats up his opponent with the benefit of the drugs, so he can't be in any real condition to rematch.

what i'm worried about is joshua. if turnpike fury is getting his test swept under the rug, WTF will they do when the biggest potential cash cow in british boxing history pops positive?
                      Fans and Reporters: UKAD, what happened to Joshua's drug testing?

UKAD: What testing!?

And so it continues..

Meanwhile in US, we thought USADA was bad, but have you heard of UKAD!?
                      Last edited by BoxingFan85; 06-27-2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X