No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs. Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
    I am far from a Lara fan, BUT HE IS BEGGING FOR THIS DAMN FIGHT, GGG fans cliam the entire damn world fears him, well Lara is calling him out loud and ****ing clear...If he loses so the hell what, it will be the biggest name on GGG's resume. I think GGG will ko him but hell fight the man and get it out of the way..Better then the Monroes and Wades of the damn world
    If Canelo and Saunders both fall through then this should be the priority after that. But for now he should be aiming to make the two afore mentioned fights but yeah then look at Lara if they can't be made.

Comment

• I'm not against the fight but I doubt Lara will be ready for September. Don't most fighters wait 6 months to fight again, especially after a 12 round fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        I'm not against the fight but I doubt Lara will be ready for September. Don't most fighters wait 6 months to fight again, especially after a 12 round fight?
        We still have 14 weeks between now and September 1st, the fight would happen mid September so more like 16 weeks.

More than enough time.

He can relax for 8 weeks if he wanted to and still do an 8 week camp.
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-25-2016, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Im starting to warm up to this fight. If the Canelo fight isn't made, Golovkin-Lara is a nice pairing of styles and intrigue. You could easily make the case that Lara is the best boxer GGG has faced. Yeah he probably gets stopped but it interests me more than Saunders or anyone else, to be honest. So why not?

Comment

I am far from a Lara fan, BUT HE IS BEGGING FOR THIS DAMN FIGHT, GGG fans cliam the entire damn world fears him, well Lara is calling him out loud and ****ing clear...If he loses so the hell what, it will be the biggest name on GGG's resume. I think GGG will ko him but hell fight the man and get it out of the way..Better then the Monroes and Wades of the damn world
            I'm cool with the fight if better options (canelo, Jacobs, Saunders) aren't willing.

Definitely better than wade and Monroe but being "the biggest name on GGG's resume" is a lie that I don't understand. Lara is a 154 who has a sad offense and appears as though he doesn't handle power well. Lemieux and Murray would be much better wins, especially considering how huge those guys are for middleweights.

Also, I hope Lara realizes a fight with Golovkin is not a ppv fight, meaning he will have to settle for 6 figures, not 7. If that is cool, and the better guys don't want to get in the ring, then sure, why not.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Anytime you find yourself making a Floyd/Lara business analogy you should make sure not to tap submit
              Ok now it's "Business analogy?"..... Yep I get it now.

Comment

Now change Laras name with Golovkin and GGG with Floyd shall we?

I am far from a Golovkin fan, BUT HE IS BEGGING FOR THIS DAMN FIGHT, Floyd fans cliam he is TBE in the damn world, well Golovkin is calling him out loud and ****ing clear...If he loses so the hell what, it will be the biggest name on Floyd's resume that wasn't a cherry pick. I think Floyd will PED abuse but hell fight the man and get it out of the way..Better then the Berto and Maidanas of the damn world.

There you go

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  He hasn't really let any of his top guys fight on HBO. The vast majority of his fighters are on pbc networks or showtime.
                  I don't think Haymon is interested in protecting Lara like that. He's not a cash cow, he's not young, he's not Haymon's only fighter at 154, so why bother hiding him?

Comment

• Canelo clearly doesn't want any of GGG, and I'm not sure what's going on with Saunders or Jacobs, so I would actually really like to see GGG vs. Lara next.

Comment

• Originally posted by cork View Post
                      Saunders is first priority. He's been on Twitter making it known he'll fight him too.
                      Larry knows that and a Jacobs fight might be available too when WBA orders that fight.
                      Eubank jr has been vocal too and is a true big middleweight unlike Lara.

But let's face it, style Wise Lara is the one having the biggest chance to beat white boy and make Larry happy.

Comment

Working...
                      X