Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how old is too old to fight in the golden gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how old is too old to fight in the golden gloves?

whats the oldest u can fight and whats too old to make your debut in it? also whats the oldest person u know whos fought in it?

i think the oldest age to be amateur is 34 after that you can only go pro

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
      i think the oldest age to be amateur is 34 after that you can only go pro
      I believe if your over 34 and want to compete in armature boxing then there is the maters class for people who are over 34.

Comment

Originally posted by cja07007 View Post
        I believe if your over 34 and want to compete in armature boxing then there is the maters class for people who are over 34.
        i know they are introducing that rule. i think its in place but im not 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by cja07007 View Post
          well yes if you were already competing before reaching the age of 34 if your over 34 and try to compete i belive you can't i dunno

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
          i know they are introducing that rule. i think its in place but im not 100%.
          i don't know about that i'm from portugal things are different here

Comment

over 34 is master class

Comment

whats the oldest anyone on here knows somebody who fought?

Comment

When boxing starts to grow again..I would really like to see Junior and senior class Boxing competitions..It's not fair to allow older cagey fighter to beat on kids..But at the same time it would be nice to allow older fighters a more formalized competition circuit with the protection of headgear and bigger gloves..I read something once about senior boxers..Think 40-50 plus down in the south or Texis..but it was pretty local..

Comment

Originally posted by Crushedknee View Post
                  When boxing starts to grow again..I would really like to see Junior and senior class Boxing competitions..It's not fair to allow older cagey fighter to beat on kids..But at the same time it would be nice to allow older fighters a more formalized competition circuit with the protection of headgear and bigger gloves..I read something once about senior boxers..Think 40-50 plus down in the south or Texis..but it was pretty local..
                  We...already have this?

Silver Gloves
                  10-11
                  12-13
                  14-15

USA Boxing
                  Junior: 8-16
                  U-19: 17-18
                  Novice: 17-34
                  Open: 17-34
                  Masters: 34+

What kind of coach would put a kid in with a grown man anyway?

Comment

Didn't mean kid kid but young late teen early twenties..The Very talented can take off threw the older more experienced boxers but a lot of boxers might benefit more by having bouts with people around their own age and experience group..

Didn't know about the Masters. Not to many fighter in the North west..No events..I'll keep tabs on it.
                    Last edited by Crushedknee; 03-31-2011, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X