No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Alexander To Floyd: Pick Guerrero To Keep Your '0'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    Marquez, Guerrero nor Mares are draws, yet their fans act like Floyd isn't the draw lmao!
    Marquez not a draw? WTF! Marquez has a whole country that supports him, what are talking about. No one in their right mind thinks anyone of those three can do Mayweather ppv numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
      I would strongly disagree that Guerrero is more known by the common fan. Devon has been fighting on HBO a lot longer than Robert and he has also been in a mega unification fight.

Now I think the Mexican angle helps a lot, but if either guy is known by the casual fans I feel it would be Alexander.
      Maybe your right about Alexander being on HBO longer than Guerrero but I still wouldn't say he's more known to the common fan. The fact that Guerrero has fought on both networks(HBO, SHOWTIME) many times as oppose to one network helps build his exposure to a wider audience because not everyone has both premium channels, but rather many have one or the other(I have both). Also, Alexander was involved in a big unification fight but it turned out to be a boring fight in which he lost. I don't think someone who watched the unification fight that doesn't follow boxing on a regular basis will remember the loser of that fight, especially as boring as it was. Also, Guerrero's last fight was considered as a FOTY candidate and has increased his stock in boxing by beating the favored Berto. IMO, the fight with Guerrero would be more entertaining than Alexander due to their styles and based on their last performances.

Comment

Jeez... Its just a tune up, he hasnt boxed for ages and everyones beggin for a superstar match up...thats not his style n didnt this crim jus get out not long ago anyways. Itll probably be an ordinary fight either way, judging on the majority of his previous outings...
        Everyone knows who they really want him to fight.

Comment

You put this crap out there long enough and these fools will take it line and hook. This is a crap fight and we all know it but now I seeing that some of these fools are trying to justify it. These nut huggers are becoming *******s! You Mayweather fans will always find a way to make Mayweather look good even when we all know it's crap. You guys are puppets, plain and simple. From Mayweather not fighting a real welter champ to the Ortiz cheap shot you guys have justified every crap move he's done and now I see you guys trying to make this into something special. F that man...Mayweather cheats the fans out of great match ups or at least the best match ups at the moment. Being great has nothing to do with not having any loses but have a set of nuts that break your zipper. So go F yourself if you think this fight is a good fight!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
            I agree that Alexander would produce less for Mayweather. I still feel that Guerrero has accomplished more as a boxer than Ortiz, so for him to make the same amount, he probably views it as an insult. I'm not saying Guerrero is a big money fight but simply him being an American with Mexican descent does help sale tickets on Cinco De Mayo weekend. I think this fight definitely exceeds 1 million ppv sales.
            No way does either fight break a mil. Despite what Schaefer claimed Floyd/Ortiz did (1.25mil), many sources claimed that It didn't even come close to a mil. Both these guys are lesser known than Ortiz.

Comment

Maybe your right about Alexander being on HBO longer than Guerrero but I still wouldn't say he's more known to the common fan. The fact that Guerrero has fought on both networks(HBO, SHOWTIME) many times as oppose to one network helps build his exposure to a wider audience because not everyone has both premium channels, but rather many have one or the other(I have both). Also, Alexander was involved in a big unification fight but it turned out to be a boring fight in which he lost. I don't think someone who watched the unification fight that doesn't follow boxing on a regular basis will remember the loser of that fight, especially as boring as it was. Also, Guerrero's last fight was considered as a FOTY candidate and has increased his stock in boxing by beating the favored Berto. IMO, the fight with Guerrero would be more entertaining than Alexander due to their styles and based on their last performances.
              Floyd is not Berto, and Guerrero doesn't have the power or speed to bring the issue to Floyd.

If Guerrero tries to fight as he fought against Berto (who fought off the ropes most of the fight) he'll get countered and hurt. Guerrero is smaller than Mayweather, slower of hand, not as smart, worse defense.

It's not a good idea to always come forward against one of the best counter punchers in the sport. Remember Hatton ( or Gatti) ?.
              And Guerrero is not nearly as dangerous as Hatton.

Jesus Soto-Karass beat Aydin easier than Guerrero.

If I have to choose between Devon and Guerrero i'd pick Devon.

Alexander might at least have an edge on speed and movement for the first half of the fight, since May seem to have lost his legs recently.

Comment

I'd definitely prefer to see Floyd fight Guerrero, but I also don't see how belts are an issue here. Surely Alexander would just vacate the IBF, which is kinda the crappiest belt of the four anyway, to fight May; no way does Floyd care about the belt.

Even if there were not titles on the line, and it was a non champion ship bout, would anybody care? Would less people watch it? Even with the belts in the equation, the marketing would barely even mention it, as press would barely mention it either. Its a Floyd Mayweather fight, and that's the only thing anybody cares about.

I'd kinda like to see Floyd fight Alexander just to see those disgusting annoying brits, hearns and brook be sidelined.

Comment

Like I said Gurrero probably makes the more entertaining fight. However, I think Devon would have the better shot at winning (neither would have much of a shot). Floyd picks apart guys like Gurrero, but Devon could probably make the fight ugly, awkward, and frustrating enough to win a few rounds or to at least make Floyd unconfortable. Like I said though, that fight would be excruciating for almost everyone, except fans of Alexander.

Again though, he hasn't had as much exposure as Devon. Back in 2099 - 2010 Devon was being touted as the next Mayweather and he had that highlight real KO of Urango. Yes, Gurrero has been on tv and yes he had an entertaining fight with Berto, but he was never hyped like Devon.

To be honest I think the general public doesn't know either though.

Comment

Man this fight if it ever happens its gona b the worst Mayweather opponent of All time! Seriously Why Devon Alexander!!?? This guy is a OK fighter and a couple of years back the most hyped fighter ever! Floyd should fight Guerrero he is the better option. But I would love to see Floyd take a real challenge and go up and fight Martinez but I guess that will never happen. And what about trout who won against cotto he would b a good option. I wouldn't mind if he fought even Bradley since he beat Devon in thier fight but No way in Hell Devon 'The Ok' Alexander the guy is a average of a fighter gets. kotelnik beat this guy in he's own damn backyard and matthysse beat him too Imo.. Hope this fight doesn't get made I'm hoping Floyd will fight again at 154 though..

Comment

Working...
                    X