No announcement yet.

lol, Andre Berto made 400k Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rossman View Post
    The fight should have been on regular cable not Showtime. Way over paid but they are still trying to make Mayweather-Berto so we are stuck with these type of fights on Showtime.
    Only to those who watch it

Comment

Originally posted by Rossman View Post
      The fight should have been on regular cable not Showtime. Way over paid but they are still trying to make Mayweather-Berto so we are stuck with these type of fights on Showtime.
      The fabled 100 dollar PPV

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
        Nah. Berto's been overpaid his whole career. If Berto deserves it then Upsher should've gotten paid top dollar as well, for taking more punishment. One guy shouldn't get all the dough due to connections and the cans brought in to take beatings should be paid more. You're going to value one guy who gets hit because he's not as good as advertised, solely on who is? That's wrong.
        No, Berto's held titles, fought the better opposition and is the marquee name on the billing. Berto has made a name for himself by giving fans exciting fights and by being a 'blood 'n guts' warrior type fighter. He is a commodity and should be compensated as such

Comment

Good for Berto!

Comment

Dayum 400k against a weak opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              No, Berto's held titles, fought the better opposition and is the marquee name on the billing. Berto has made a name for himself by giving fans exciting fights and by being a 'blood 'n guts' warrior type fighter. He is a commodity and should be compensated as such
              Nobody watched this event for Berto. While I respect his heart, that shouldn't put him above the rest who do the same job and do it better. How much is Karass making? Should be more than Berto.

Comment

And?

And....how much did you take in Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                  And....how much did you take in Saturday?
                  LOL, don't rub it in like that!

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    Broner $1M, Taylor 100k, Matthysse 370k, Ortiz 139k, Berto 400k, Upsher 45k
                    I would guess the take home is:

$400k - Broner
                    $150k - Berto
                    $130k - Matthysse
                    $50k - Ortiz
                    $20k - Upsher

Why Broner took home only around $400k. After taxes he has about $580k, after paying Haymon and GBP their cut I would think he has around $400k. Same follows for all other fighters with their respective taxes and promotional/managerial fees.

Lol not so much now, still wealthy checks for Broner, Berto, Matthysse, but people like to cause a ruckus without taking a fighter's take home pay into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                      Exactly, I don't understand how anyone can hate on someone else making money.

Well actually I do understand jealousy.

But luckily for me I do not suffer from that affliction.
                      It's not jealousy it's bull crap,berto is not worth that much money,it just takes away from other upcoming fighters that desver that type of pay day

Comment

Working...
                      X