Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,376,798.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppard365 View Post
He fought a fighter that most said he was blatantly ducking.

He took numerous flush punches from a fighter many said all he needs to do is just land one punch and Khan is gone.

He fought a very exciting fought many said he would hide behind his jab to an easy boring decision.

He fought in a country away from his own where he could of make more from his own.

He's only 24.

He's very respectful and humble.

What gives?
honestly, I expected him to do better than he did, but maidana is one bad ass mofo.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Motofan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 Motofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,565,573,814.46
Total Points: 1,026,570,615,535.23

Quote:

He took numerous flush punches from a fighter many said all he needs to do is just land one punch and Khan is gone.

He fought a very exciting fought many said he would hide behind his jab to an easy boring decision.

He fought in a country away from his own where he could of make more from his own.

He's only 24.

What gives?
He took a fight against a guy with a loss who was on his way to another loss before his punch saved his ass. He fought a guy that everyone knew was slow, plodding, lacking defense, and has limited skills. And he still ran for 5 rounds and was out on his feet for all of the 10th. He still gets a draw on one card without Cortez taking a point away, which would have made it a one round win on the other two cards. He is a dead man walking if he ever fights a man with speed AND a punch. Dead man walking.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:33 PM
deuce_drop
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 deuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,587,070,851,172.10
Total Points: 2,587,070,867,076.74
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - ИATAS206 

Quote:

He's only 24.

What gives?

personally, i never thought khans chin was glass, i think it was his weight and being drain to where he couldn't handle the punches all that well.

it has to be admitted that his chin is suspect but i wouldn't say glass.

now, as far as his skills that he showed in tagging the slicker malignaggi, to me khans stock kind of went down, because maidana is way easier to hit and is way more flat footed, khan let maidana off the hook with his bodyshots when he had him totally hurt, and totally beat to the punch all fight long.

the build up of khan, FOR ME, was somewhat not warranted, i think his stock went down a bit. he didn't finish strong, he started to look concerned and had no confidence, just shows he's still a work in progress. he has the skills, the hand speed, etc., i just don't think he's deserving of ALL THE HIGH PRAISE, only some..........

either way, it was a decent scrap, khan and maidana had some dramatics in there which were exciting to watch. i look forward to seeing both guys fight in the future, i think that they're good for boxing, from a fight fans perspective.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:35 PM
leppard365
Contender

Rep Power: 6 leppard365 has a reputation beyond reputeleppard365 has a reputation beyond reputeleppard365 has a reputation beyond reputeleppard365 has a reputation beyond reputeleppard365 has a reputation beyond reputeleppard365 has a reputation beyond reputeleppard365 has a reputation beyond reputeleppard365 has a reputation beyond reputeleppard365 has a reputation beyond reputeleppard365 has a reputation beyond reputeleppard365 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 83,216.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofan View Post
He took a fight against a guy with a loss who was on his way to another loss before his punch saved his ass. He fought a guy that everyone knew was slow, plodding, lacking defense, and has limited skills. And he still ran for 5 rounds and was out on his feet for all of the 10th. He still gets a draw on one card without Cortez taking a point away, which would have made it a one round win on the other two cards. He is a dead man walking if he ever fights a man with speed AND a punch. Dead man walking.
I guarantee you werent saying that before the fight. 90% of people were hyping Maidana up so get outta here
Old 12-12-2010, 08:36 PM
IdNod4u2
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 IdNod4u2 is infamous around these partsIdNod4u2 is infamous around these partsIdNod4u2 is infamous around these partsIdNod4u2 is infamous around these partsIdNod4u2 is infamous around these partsIdNod4u2 is infamous around these partsIdNod4u2 is infamous around these partsIdNod4u2 is infamous around these partsIdNod4u2 is infamous around these partsIdNod4u2 is infamous around these partsIdNod4u2 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 672,567,346.53
Total Points: 100,672,623,846.93
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - IdNod4u2 

Honestly Kahn isn't all that great to deserve "so many" haters.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:40 PM
chrismart83
77 - 78 - 81 -84 - 05

Rep Power: 20 chrismart83 has a reputation beyond reputechrismart83 has a reputation beyond reputechrismart83 has a reputation beyond reputechrismart83 has a reputation beyond reputechrismart83 has a reputation beyond reputechrismart83 has a reputation beyond reputechrismart83 has a reputation beyond reputechrismart83 has a reputation beyond reputechrismart83 has a reputation beyond reputechrismart83 has a reputation beyond reputechrismart83 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,483,332,485,607.61
Total Points: 1,483,333,013,567.06
No Message - Sake1 For Finishing 3rd in Season 4 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation 

He faced an opponent most posters on these forums said he would never fight, and he beat him when most posters on here said he had no chance. Thats just the way it is on here sometimes..people seem to make there mind up on a fighter ,then stick to that no matter what unfolds.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Squizz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Squizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 250,071,170.70

I'm not a hater. I'll give Kahn credit: His chin is a lot sturdier than I expected, and he is vastly talented. He also beat a very tough customer in Marcos Maidana. All that being said, I'm still not buying into the hype. He's got tons of flaws in his game, that over time will be exposed once he steps up in competition. He's very good, but he's not elite, and I don't think he ever will be.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:48 PM
ROSS CALIFORNIA
Tyson fan

Rep Power: 213 ROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,182,888,715,139,748.00
Total Points: 11,182,888,715,140,720.00
why thanks mate, have a masterful evening - I'm so sorry happy new years man! - HUGH JASS happy new year - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs Here you go - ??? 
to a good friend - Fire and Fear No Message - messenger Awesome member award - jazluvr sorry being late - Nemisis No Message - MartinC 
Ross is the man! - valero Medal of Honor bro for integrity - Tyler_Durden No Message - CounterPunching thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - -jose- for your integrity - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden thanks, for the quick payment, who you got for the Cotto/Martinez fight? - -jose- Here's a bottle of vintage,1766 from Sicily.Enjoy. - Scott.Weiland. for swift payment on epoints bet! - jas No Message - Scott Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushahadeen View Post
You said in an earlier post that we Americans don't like Amir Con cuz he's from Sh1thole Island.

I'm telling we don't give a sh1t where they from. Exhibit A: Marcos Maidana.

Of course we (non-gay Americans) will root for Tim/Devon over Con, as would any heterosexual man, regardless of race or creed.
Speak for your self you ignorant piece of crap hatin ass mutha ****a. lol I'm with Khan all the way and our country started from English settlers, don't forget that you joke of a boxing fan.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:35 PM
vegeta23
Contender

Rep Power: 8 vegeta23 has a reputation beyond reputevegeta23 has a reputation beyond reputevegeta23 has a reputation beyond reputevegeta23 has a reputation beyond reputevegeta23 has a reputation beyond reputevegeta23 has a reputation beyond reputevegeta23 has a reputation beyond reputevegeta23 has a reputation beyond reputevegeta23 has a reputation beyond reputevegeta23 has a reputation beyond reputevegeta23 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,011,298.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce_drop View Post
personally, i never thought khans chin was glass, i think it was his weight and being drain to where he couldn't handle the punches all that well.

it has to be admitted that his chin is suspect but i wouldn't say glass.

now, as far as his skills that he showed in tagging the slicker malignaggi, to me khans stock kind of went down, because maidana is way easier to hit and is way more flat footed, khan let maidana off the hook with his bodyshots when he had him totally hurt, and totally beat to the punch all fight long.

the build up of khan, FOR ME, was somewhat not warranted, i think his stock went down a bit. he didn't finish strong, he started to look concerned and had no confidence, just shows he's still a work in progress. he has the skills, the hand speed, etc., i just don't think he's deserving of ALL THE HIGH PRAISE, only some..........

either way, it was a decent scrap, khan and maidana had some dramatics in there which were exciting to watch. i look forward to seeing both guys fight in the future, i think that they're good for boxing, from a fight fans perspective.
I'm with you on that one.Good point.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Plaster...Sad.
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Plaster...Sad. has a reputation beyond reputePlaster...Sad. has a reputation beyond reputePlaster...Sad. has a reputation beyond reputePlaster...Sad. has a reputation beyond reputePlaster...Sad. has a reputation beyond reputePlaster...Sad. has a reputation beyond reputePlaster...Sad. has a reputation beyond reputePlaster...Sad. has a reputation beyond reputePlaster...Sad. has a reputation beyond reputePlaster...Sad. has a reputation beyond reputePlaster...Sad. has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 88,314.83

Khan looked ridiculous being punched around the ring for 2 rounds. Sorry, but those 2 rounds did nothing to silence the haters. And if Joe Cortez is not around to help him win fights, he will soon be KTFO again.

No excuse for him to look like a Pakistani woman with short hair being chased by a wild eyed Chinese cab driver. Sht was ugly.