Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Team Vitaminas
Banned

Bank: 83,603.93
Total Points: 209,238.22
Default Javier Capetillo Breaks Silence on Antonio Margarito's Illegal Wraps

Trainer Javier Capetillo, who has been blamed for the hand wraps scandal that has haunted the career of Antonio Margarito since it happened prior to a loss to Shane Mosley in January 2009, broke his long silence during a recent interview with Doug Fischer, co-editor of ******.com.

Margarito has been boxing's biggest bad boy since the discovery was made by trainer Naazim Richardson of a plaster-like substance that was removed and confiscated prior to the fighter's ninth-round knockout loss to Mosley at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Since having his license revoked by the California State Athletic Commission in February of 2009, Margarito has claimed no knowledge of the illegal hand wrappings in his gloves that led to his being exiled from fighting until August, when Texas licensed him to face Pacquiao.

Margarito has blamed Capetillo, claiming that the trainer acted on his own.

Capetillo told Fischer that Margarito is telling the truth.

"I made a mistake. I wasn't trying to hide anything. I just screwed up, and I did it in front of Mosley's trainer and the commissioners. I was just under a lot of pressure because I knew we shouldn't have taken the fight," said Capetillo, adding that dramatic weight loss drained Margarito, and led to his loading the gloves.

"I knew Tony was in trouble and I knew that I had put him in that position. I wrapped Tony's hands four times in front of Mosley's trainer and the commissioners and two representatives from Golden Boy Promotions after they found the gauze. I admitted then that I made a mistake."

Capetillo's admission comes on the eve of perhaps the biggest fight in the career of Margarito (38-6, 27 knockouts), who faces Manny Pacquiao (51-3-2, 38 KOs), the WBO welterweight (147 pounds) king, for the WBC's vacant junior middleweight (154 pounds) crown at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Saturday night.

Pacquiao has a 12-fight winning streak that includes nine knockouts as he pursues his eighth title in as many different weight classes.

Since the Mosley fight, however, members of the boxing community and Roach and Pacquiao, in particular, have speculated that Capetillo may have tampered with Margarito's gloves in other fights.

In two of them, Margarito vanquished rivals Kermit Cintron and Miguel Cotto, both of whom were beaten savagely and bloodily before being knocked out.

Capetillo dismissed those assertions.

"They think Tony cheated to beat Kermit Cintron? Give me a break. All you have to do is mad dog and rush Cintron, and he gets scared. Tony beat him by being Tony," said Capetillo. "He beat Miguel Cotto because he has the style to beat Cotto. He'll wear Cotto down and stop him every time they fight."

But against Mosley, the story is different, said Capetillo.

"[Margarito's] weight was a problem for that entire camp. He put on a lot of weight, not just water pounds but muscle, after he beat Cotto. He had to chop 20 pounds before he left Mexico to begin his camp for Mosley, and then he dropped another 30 in camp. He kept dropping weight and dropping weight until he had nothing," said Capetillo, adding that Margarito also had back problems that caused him to miss crucial training days.

"Then he would gain back whatever weight he lost the previous week. He was 16 pounds over [the welterweight limit] one week before the fight, and the closer we got to the weight, the sicker he got from dehydration," said Capetillo. "Four or five days out from the fight it was like he had the flu. He was shrinking before our eyes."

Capetillo's concern, he said, led to his sudden decision to go with the illegal wraps, a move that he said was not planned far ahead of time.

"I started panicking the week of the fight. I knew we were in deep shit, and we couldn't tell anyone. It was too late to pull out of the fight. But I want to make it clear that I did not plan what happened," said Capetillo. "Maybe I was feeling the pressure of the fight and not paying attention to what I was doing when I reached into my bag and grabbed the training gauze, but I didn't do it on purpose."
so much for the Putorican's claim that they where cheated against,LMAO
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-11-2010, 01:25 PM
BMWM3P
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 BMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 361,624,940,432.47
Total Points: 361,624,964,048.98
It's a tough job put you wipe Miguel's sack well - Live Dog A toast to another Cotto victory! - The Surgeon Goodluck May 5th Boricua! - Very Rich Man 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - street bully Gay and Lesbian Pride - shade darkar AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - shade darkar Autism - shade darkar Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - shade darkar 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - shade darkar 

LOL, is not like his going to admit to attempted murder.

You fail, retard
Old 11-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Team Vitaminas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM3P View Post
LOL, is not like his going to admit to attempted murder.

You fail, retard
what did I fail on dumbass? whatever you have to tell yourself dude,I didn't make this up like you Ricans that claim to have read this and that but never have links.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:37 PM
oscar_angels091
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 oscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,046,392,498,979.12
Total Points: 1,979,614,647,354,528.75
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy No Message - MartinC No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs 
49ers/Saints. thanks for your payment, have a beer on me...cheers! - jose830 No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs 
Thanks for the quick payment on the Netherlands/Mexico bet. :) - Tyler_Durden 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Fire and Fear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Fire and Fear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Fire and Fear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Fire and Fear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 

already did a thread on this yesterday
Old 11-11-2010, 01:41 PM
cabrademonte
Contender

Rep Power: 0 cabrademonte is an unknown quantity at this point
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,027.66

Lol like he is goint to admited a couple days before Tonys biggets fight of his carrer.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:44 PM
supRa
supercharged

Rep Power: 25 supRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,862,128,511.64
Total Points: 3,862,209,671.33
Merry Christmas - msagrain here you go - Savino Have a snack homey. You good peoples. - mangler for being a cool dude - mangler jr Cool mothafukka - mangler 
No Message - ??? good video bro! good luck on your next fight! - jose830 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - .::WaRCoTTo::. Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - ??? Gay and Lesbian Pride - $iCaRiO Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - WANGLER 
Send a message via Skype™ to supRa

"They think Tony cheated to beat Kermit Cintron? Give me a break. All you have to do is mad dog and rush Cintron, and he gets scared. Tony beat him by being Tony," said Capetillo.

ouuchh...
good read btw..
Old 11-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Cafe
Billionz Rican

Rep Power: 14 Cafe has a reputation beyond reputeCafe has a reputation beyond reputeCafe has a reputation beyond reputeCafe has a reputation beyond reputeCafe has a reputation beyond reputeCafe has a reputation beyond reputeCafe has a reputation beyond reputeCafe has a reputation beyond reputeCafe has a reputation beyond reputeCafe has a reputation beyond reputeCafe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34.82
Total Points: 13,779,299.54
Guerra Boricuas! - Ombre Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink a latte rican.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - TuRoK'em 

fail retard
Old 11-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Team Vitaminas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rican411 View Post
fail retard
LMAO, the truth hurts huh.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:53 PM
crillz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 crillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,593,555,712.49
Total Points: 1,150,593,573,028.05
great post on the Cotto thread. - Pancho Gonzales Sorry man,I felt the same. R.I.P Forrest - RelliK Dont eva try and Hijack my boys thread or you will know bout tings lol Big Up C.. - The Gully Gad The Official BoxingScene QWOP Champion - 101m - Barnburner Money May AllDay, VIP4LIFE. Enjoy the fight homey. - CRASH DUMMY 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
Trainer Javier Capetillo, who has been blamed for the hand wraps scandal that has haunted the career of Antonio Margarito since it happened prior to a loss to Shane Mosley in January 2009, broke his long silence during a recent interview with Doug Fischer, co-editor of ******.com.

Margarito has been boxing's biggest bad boy since the discovery was made by trainer Naazim Richardson of a plaster-like substance that was removed and confiscated prior to the fighter's ninth-round knockout loss to Mosley at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Since having his license revoked by the California State Athletic Commission in February of 2009, Margarito has claimed no knowledge of the illegal hand wrappings in his gloves that led to his being exiled from fighting until August, when Texas licensed him to face Pacquiao.

Margarito has blamed Capetillo, claiming that the trainer acted on his own.

Capetillo told Fischer that Margarito is telling the truth.

"I made a mistake. I wasn't trying to hide anything. I just screwed up, and I did it in front of Mosley's trainer and the commissioners. I was just under a lot of pressure because I knew we shouldn't have taken the fight," said Capetillo, adding that dramatic weight loss drained Margarito, and led to his loading the gloves.

"I knew Tony was in trouble and I knew that I had put him in that position. I wrapped Tony's hands four times in front of Mosley's trainer and the commissioners and two representatives from Golden Boy Promotions after they found the gauze. I admitted then that I made a mistake."

Capetillo's admission comes on the eve of perhaps the biggest fight in the career of Margarito (38-6, 27 knockouts), who faces Manny Pacquiao (51-3-2, 38 KOs), the WBO welterweight (147 pounds) king, for the WBC's vacant junior middleweight (154 pounds) crown at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Saturday night.

Pacquiao has a 12-fight winning streak that includes nine knockouts as he pursues his eighth title in as many different weight classes.

Since the Mosley fight, however, members of the boxing community and Roach and Pacquiao, in particular, have speculated that Capetillo may have tampered with Margarito's gloves in other fights.

In two of them, Margarito vanquished rivals Kermit Cintron and Miguel Cotto, both of whom were beaten savagely and bloodily before being knocked out.

Capetillo dismissed those assertions.

"They think Tony cheated to beat Kermit Cintron? Give me a break. All you have to do is mad dog and rush Cintron, and he gets scared. Tony beat him by being Tony," said Capetillo. "He beat Miguel Cotto because he has the style to beat Cotto. He'll wear Cotto down and stop him every time they fight."

But against Mosley, the story is different, said Capetillo.

"[Margarito's] weight was a problem for that entire camp. He put on a lot of weight, not just water pounds but muscle, after he beat Cotto. He had to chop 20 pounds before he left Mexico to begin his camp for Mosley, and then he dropped another 30 in camp. He kept dropping weight and dropping weight until he had nothing," said Capetillo, adding that Margarito also had back problems that caused him to miss crucial training days.

"Then he would gain back whatever weight he lost the previous week. He was 16 pounds over [the welterweight limit] one week before the fight, and the closer we got to the weight, the sicker he got from dehydration," said Capetillo. "Four or five days out from the fight it was like he had the flu. He was shrinking before our eyes."

Capetillo's concern, he said, led to his sudden decision to go with the illegal wraps, a move that he said was not planned far ahead of time.

"I started panicking the week of the fight. I knew we were in deep shit, and we couldn't tell anyone. It was too late to pull out of the fight. But I want to make it clear that I did not plan what happened," said Capetillo. "Maybe I was feeling the pressure of the fight and not paying attention to what I was doing when I reached into my bag and grabbed the training gauze, but I didn't do it on purpose."
so much for the Putorican's claim that they where cheated against,LMAO
This guy is as full of sh1t as those who believe him, you expect him to really come out and say "yes I have been doing this for a long time on him"? he's not going to throw An-phony-o under the bus like that which is the whole point let Capetillo take the heat and make it seem like this imbecile didn't know anything while even a bystander (Naazim) was able to tell from a distance what he was doing and Capetillo is trying to convince you idiots that the person closest to the hand wraps, literally right in front of his face because it was his hands being wrapped didn't know? I wasn't born yesterday man you can't just lie to my face like that and have me believe you I actually have a brain that I'm proud to say I use, he literally MOCKED the situation in a way where he himself made it look like unless he looked up away and around there was NO way he couldn't have seen it, he knew he's just too much of a chicken sh1t to face the reality of his actions so he sends an old man to take it for him

Last edited by crillz; 11-11-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Gordon Gekko
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Gordon Gekko is infamous around these partsGordon Gekko is infamous around these partsGordon Gekko is infamous around these partsGordon Gekko is infamous around these partsGordon Gekko is infamous around these partsGordon Gekko is infamous around these partsGordon Gekko is infamous around these partsGordon Gekko is infamous around these partsGordon Gekko is infamous around these partsGordon Gekko is infamous around these partsGordon Gekko is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,072,057.61
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 

This isn't telling us anything we don't already know.

Margarito doesn't need to cheat to beat Cotto.

Then again I didn't think he needed to cheat against Shane.