Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-10-2010, 05:50 PM
mariobrotherpr
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 mariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 349,784.29
Total Points: 392,231.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
/\ /\ /\ /\ pThese kids are from the street, it's the same way i grew up. Not proud of it but it doesn't mean they are bad kids, just rough kids that need to be strong to survive in the world they live in.

I think it's wrong what Marg and Rios did but I also think it's just trying to get back at Roach anyway they know how. Roach has talked a lot of trash (even fro him) in this fight and I'm sure it's gotten under Garcia's and Marg's skin a little bit.

It was wrong and I also think it was a low life thing to do but at the same time, I also think that if you don't want to be talked about, then you yourself should keep your mouth shut.

Sooner or later someone is going to bring something up that everyone thinks is off limits.
Agree about kids.

Kids are kids.

García is certainly NOT a kid. Margarito either. Brandon is immature, but not a kid.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-10-2010, 06:00 PM
shekwan
Contender

Rep Power: 9 shekwan has a reputation beyond reputeshekwan has a reputation beyond reputeshekwan has a reputation beyond reputeshekwan has a reputation beyond reputeshekwan has a reputation beyond reputeshekwan has a reputation beyond reputeshekwan has a reputation beyond reputeshekwan has a reputation beyond reputeshekwan has a reputation beyond reputeshekwan has a reputation beyond reputeshekwan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 23,847.15

Like my football coach once said, "Act like you've been there before."

These guys are not big time.

Be a professional, respect boxing (see Ali), and play the media game.

They wouldn't know it if it hit them, and this is why they will lose. That mental approach and culture will usually never find it's way to the top.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 127 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,418,847,648,888,623.00
Total Points: 1,418,847,648,909,046.00
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest 
Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 
damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- 
Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewWoodside View Post
They're definitely really nice kids, but on some level it reflects poorly on Garcia and his gym to have them running around talking like that. However, he did have them apologize. At the end of the day, maybe he's not used to having all this attention and rolling cameras. But under the spotlight, you have to be extra careful to be super P C. Otherwise everyone will flip out on you. It's just the way it is..
I understand but at the same time you can also say that at least Garcia isn't a hypocrite and is what he is. Garcia didn't make those kids that way, the streets did, believe that. I think what Garcia is doing there is great and I think the one to blame for this is Eli Setbach (sp?) and video taping everything going on in there. Garcia should have rolled that back a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariobrotherpr View Post
Agree about kids.

Kids are kids.

García is certainly NOT a kid. Margarito either. Brandon is immature, but not a kid.
I understand but I was talking about those kids.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 127 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,418,847,648,888,623.00
Total Points: 1,418,847,648,909,046.00
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest 
Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 
damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- 
Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekwan View Post
Like my football coach once said, "Act like you've been there before."

These guys are not big time.

Be a professional, respect boxing (see Ali), play the media game.

They wouldn't know it if it hit them, this is why they will lose. That mental approach and culture usually never finds it's way to the top.
Bunch of BS you just typed.

Bad guys never win? Is this your logic?

See OJ Simpson, Terrell Owens, Brandon Marshall, Lawrence Taylor....and the list goes on. I agree it's not good tobe that way in life but the truth is in sports, it makes no difference.

What matters is talent and the way our society is, that's what's more important.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:04 PM
mariobrotherpr
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 mariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond reputemariobrotherpr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 349,784.29
Total Points: 392,231.73

Quote:

Yes I did get it, and I agreed.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Kimo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Kimo has a reputation beyond reputeKimo has a reputation beyond reputeKimo has a reputation beyond reputeKimo has a reputation beyond reputeKimo has a reputation beyond reputeKimo has a reputation beyond reputeKimo has a reputation beyond reputeKimo has a reputation beyond reputeKimo has a reputation beyond reputeKimo has a reputation beyond reputeKimo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,046,059,385.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewWoodside View Post
Garcia however made them apologize for this. Although at some point, a lot of dirty laundry is being aired around that gym. I wonder if the final 24/7 will expose some of this stuff:
my god....kids these days...
Old 11-10-2010, 06:20 PM
DrewWoodside
Lifestyle..Regular!

Rep Power: 31 DrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,009,172,585.58
Total Points: 3,019,558,051.44
your gift shelf looks empty...lets add some liquor - Makavelli pinoys arent allowed to just drink and give one beer...here's one more - Makavelli 3 beers are better than 2 - Makavelli and 4 is better than 3 - Makavelli more beer - Makavelli 
Something to snack on while you watch it all go down. - danny711 Nice to see you Drew - deanrw 

Quote:
I understand but at the same time you can also say that at least Garcia isn't a hypocrite and is what he is. Garcia didn't make those kids that way, the streets did, believe that. I think what Garcia is doing there is great and I think the one to blame for this is Eli Setbach (sp?) and video taping everything going on in there. Garcia should have rolled that back a little.

I don't doubt he has good intentions and is doing great stuff, but it doesn't appear he was prepared from a PR perspective to have cameras on him 24/7(pun intended.) On this sort of stage, everything is scrutinized. While individually, none of his infractions are all that serious. In totality it sort of reflects poorly. At the end of the day, his future will really be decided by whether or not Margarito wins Saturday. In the meantime, boxing fans will continue chomping at the bit and b*tching about and over analyzing everything in anticipation of the main event.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:24 PM
pistol whip
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 pistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 352,167.32
pa que me lo mames con estilo - mellow_mood great post - E.P.T. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - mellow_mood Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariobrotherpr View Post
Is it just me or did he actually said that it's not against Parkinson's victims, but a personal thing between the camps?

So I guess it's ok because they are mocking ONLY Roach's Parkinson's??!?!?!?!

Twisted logic at best.

All i can say about Roach is this! People who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.

Last edited by pistol whip; 11-10-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:26 PM
pistol whip
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 pistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 352,167.32
pa que me lo mames con estilo - mellow_mood great post - E.P.T. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - mellow_mood Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Quote:
Bunch of BS you just typed.

Bad guys never win? Is this your logic?

See OJ Simpson, Terrell Owens, Brandon Marshall, Lawrence Taylor....and the list goes on. I agree it's not good tobe that way in life but the truth is in sports, it makes no difference.

What matters is talent and the way our society is, that's what's more important.

And did anyone come out and say they were the ones at fault for OJ simpson or LT??

Not the same thing my friend and I thought you were a smarter poster.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Repeddled
A spineless laugh

Rep Power: 11 Repeddled has a reputation beyond reputeRepeddled has a reputation beyond reputeRepeddled has a reputation beyond reputeRepeddled has a reputation beyond reputeRepeddled has a reputation beyond reputeRepeddled has a reputation beyond reputeRepeddled has a reputation beyond reputeRepeddled has a reputation beyond reputeRepeddled has a reputation beyond reputeRepeddled has a reputation beyond reputeRepeddled has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 104,316,984,300,456.05
Total Points: 104,316,999,334,102.41
much luv! - WESS For the donation - Motofan Top Guy! - Barnburner Cheers for the Mil buddy - AndyShitHot top man - Sensus 
have another - Sensus Thanks for ur help - blakejp deserves two - blakejp No Message - Sir TomJones streams - Sir TomJones 
No Message - Jeff Da Maori thanks for the update - jose830 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Repeddled... Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Sensus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Sensus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Sensus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Sensus 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - blakejp Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol whip View Post
All i can say about Roach is this! People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.
when has Roach ever attack someone over something they had no control over? ie, Race, Sexuality, Disability etc.