Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
TheRealAshland
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,428.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soju View Post
^if you never get injured from sparring, maybe you spar like a bunny wabbit
It was a joke?....
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Joachim
Contender

Total Points: 20,103.49
Send a message via AIM to Joachim

God I love pillow fights.

No. Yes. you're more likely to get hurt sparring depending on how large you and your partners are.

**** happens. Keep those elbows in and angle your shoulder.

If you come back after the injury people will respect you more.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Chip2006uk
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Chip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,450,708,218.44
Total Points: 47,450,746,781.69

Well im not sure which guy did it, as I felt fine throughout the whole sparring session, it was only about 15 minutes afterwards when I was hitting the bag the pain began, very sudden and very sharp, especially when throwing a left hook or even a jab.

Pretty sure it was this big guy though, about my height but just stacked to ****, must have been at least a light heavy, and Im skinny as hell at 64kg, ended up taking a fair few heavy body shots.

Its been a week and a bit now and things havent changed much, pain and inflammation still there, still making that clicking noise, going to the doc tommorow to finally get the xray results....

To be honest I just want to get back into training again as fast as I can, I feel kind of lost without regular training, like I dont know what to do with myself....just annoyed aswell because that sparring session was the first time back in the gym after 2 and a half weeks off due to a cold and also a sprained leg muscle, so straight in straight out again....frustrating stuff...
Old 10-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Holtol
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Holtol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,486,611.29
Total Points: 3,092,881.78
Good Poster. - Barnburner Cheers! - poet682006 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip2006uk View Post
Well im not sure which guy did it, as I felt fine throughout the whole sparring session, it was only about 15 minutes afterwards when I was hitting the bag the pain began, very sudden and very sharp, especially when throwing a left hook or even a jab.

Pretty sure it was this big guy though, about my height but just stacked to ****, must have been at least a light heavy, and Im skinny as hell at 64kg, ended up taking a fair few heavy body shots.

Its been a week and a bit now and things havent changed much, pain and inflammation still there, still making that clicking noise, going to the doc tommorow to finally get the xray results....

To be honest I just want to get back into training again as fast as I can, I feel kind of lost without regular training, like I dont know what to do with myself....just annoyed aswell because that sparring session was the first time back in the gym after 2 and a half weeks off due to a cold and also a sprained leg muscle, so straight in straight out again....frustrating stuff...
Be careful about training if the ribs are broken in any way it can cause problems to your insides.

Plus you said it was an upper rib that is worse I think then a lower rib which was my injury. May take quite a bit longer to heal for you.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 PM
yellowthunda
Amateur

Total Points: 10,330.28

same thing happened to me man it sucks. i broke my ribs from sparring. u cant sneeze or cough cuz it hurts like a *****.

u shouldn't train cuz it'll just break again and then you'll have to start the whole healing process again. it'll feel like its never gettin better, but just chill out and it'll heal on its own.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:58 AM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.

Rep Power: 30 Spartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 58,072,373,003.48
Total Points: 58,072,483,290.82
u da man .... thx 4 da castillo corrales cap - -Boxzilla- king of da 720p thread ... - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- 
Castillo Correles 720p...yeeaaa - Training4all 26 Gb!!...wow!!..nice work bro!! - Training4all ur good people ylem ... 720p homey - -Boxzilla- For setting Piggy straight, good stuff - Cuauhtémoc1502 Top top poster - rorymac 
Cheers! - Uncle Howie lite beer ... rookie! :D lol - I ♥ RVP demonoid - ƒallenloki Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
Here's a lolli for EASTER :) - Bossy Nice looking beard :fing02: my brother has one similar to yours, that mofo takes care of that thing more than he takes care of his wife lol - -jose- 

what all you guys seem to think is a broken or fractured rib is probly just a dislocated rib and a chiropractor can usually take care of that in one session.