|09-15-2010, 02:23 AM||#11|
Pac is a drug cheat
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quoted: 1982 Post(s)Rep Power: 40
Total Points: 276,384,815,073,296.97
1) If Mosley used both hands in that 2nd round, he could have easily hit Floyd twice as much as he did and knocked him down when Floyd was at the most vulnerable stage in the fight. Advantage Floyd.
2) Mosley hadn't fought in almost 1.5 years. Even Floyd had a tune up fight when he came back from his first vacation and was said to be looking for a tune up fight before he faced Manny (according to Mayweather Sr). Mosley got the opportunity and took it as he felt the opportunity could have been lost by having a tune up fight first. Advantage Floyd.
So Mosley looked as rusty as a worn out nail and did not have his usual composure. Advantage Floyd.
3) Mosley is now 39 years old. At this age, Mosley has definitely lost some of his speed but it was the stamina issues that deserted him on that night. Can anyone every remember Mosley gassing out like that? It wasn't like Floyd was pummeling Mosley all night. Man, Mosley got hit more often in the Cotto fight and he didn't look gassed until maybe the 10 - 11th round of that grueling fight. Advantage Floyd.
4) Mosley trained (Berto) then trained again (Floyd) ..... Mosley is not young so it took something out of him. Advantage Floyd.
5) With all the above challenges, Mosley didn't face a smaller Marquez. He faced Floyd who actually looked bigger than one would have expected. Add Floyd's defensive skills and stamina, it was too much of a challenge for the aging Mosley. Advantage Floyd.
Manny will need to do things differently than what Mosley did. Speed will be still important but that will not be the only factor.
Last edited by ADP02; 09-15-2010 at 02:27 AM.
|09-15-2010, 03:07 AM||#12|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quoted: 49 Post(s)Rep Power: 13
Total Points: 10,000,042,183.28
I think Zab and Mosley are about the same speed wise.Manny is quick but in a different way.He is fast when it comes to throwing a 1-2 then getting out of reach. Zab and Mosley are quicker when it comes to throwing fluid sharp combinations.I think the same Mosley that fought Margarita was in there with Floyd. Shane just didn't seem to have the same confidence and seemed to be overtrained. He just seemed tight and anxious the whole fight.
|09-15-2010, 03:14 AM||#13|
Floyd stop ducking
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: On the road, USA
Quoted: 7 Post(s)Rep Power: 0
Total Points: 990,179,237.47
Mosley is still VERY fast. Just look at that the shots that had Mayweather in trouble. He still has blinding speed and in my opinion is faster than Pac at 147. Pac didn't look as fast against Cotto. His problem seems to be losing his stamina with age.
|Share This With Friends|
|fast, fought?, mayweather, mosley, version|