Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-10-2010, 07:51 AM
bcfc
Banned

Rep Power: 0 bcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 75,268,157.71
Total Points: 75,566,979.82
Funny Mofo - Stones! Suck my cock hhahahahah - Stones! i also gave you the green k homie - Tha_Greatest 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ken Kaniff AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Doreem 
Default Q&A with Kell Brook................

this is the guy some of use might remember as the british prospect that punched a nightclub bouncer because he wouldnt let him go in the girls toilets......looks like he got off with the sentence.......

Q & A with Kell Brook

It maybe 6 weeks until Kell Brook 21-0(14) meets Michael Jennings but heís already chomping at the bit. Brook 24, will be making the third defence of his British Title, the fight also doubles up as a WBO Welterweight eliminator. He seeís this as a real chance to break out from the pack and intends to use his fight with Jennings as a spring board to a World title fight. Heís trained by Brendan Ingle who has been one of the best and most succesful trainers of the past 20 years in Britain looking after amongst others Herol Graham who is thought by many to be the best British fighter to never win a world title, Johnny Nelson, Ryan Rhodes, Junior Witter and even a certain Prince Naseem Hamed. Brook like those whoís shadow he currently walks in and one day hopes to emulate fights with a similar hands down, unorthodox style that has been so successful and a staple of Brendan Ingle fighters over the years. Hereís what Brook had to say ahead of the fight.

Hello Kell, welcome to 15rounds.com

Anson Wainwright - Firstly your going to be fighting Michael Jennings on the bumper 18 September show in Birmingham. What do you think of Michael Jennings as a fighter?

Kell Brook - I think Michael Jennings is a good fighter. When I turned professional Michael Jennings was up was up and coming at the time. He was top 10 in Britain then and heís been there done it got the t-shirt. He boxed for a world title, he boxed Cotto, he boxed in high class, heís fought all comers and beat them. But I think heís in deep water with me on 18 September.

Anson Wainwright - It has been rescheduled a couple of times what from your point of view were those reasonís?

Kell Brook - I came down with a viral infection, then it got put on again and he hurt his hand. Then i had a saw rib and i couldnít do any sparring. So this time, I know Iíll be there on 18 September. Trainingís gone unbelievable so far, everything is tip top. Itíll definitely happen this time itíll be a magical night.

Anson Wainwright - Itís obviously a great chance to show your ability. What are your thoughts on the fight card?

Kell Brook - I feel great, Iím looking forward to watching the rest of the card. Iíd like to get my fight over with quickly so I can get washed up and watch the rest of the card. Every fight on the bill is brilliant, explosive fights. I believe really and truly Iím going to steel the show. I think a lot of people are looking to watch Barker & Macklin, but most of all people need to see me and Jennings itís a brilliant match up.

Anson Wainwright - Is there any bad blood between the two of you?

Kell Brook - Thereís no bad blood at all on my side. Heís a nice kid Michael Jennings, but I donít like him at the moment in time and Iím going to have to put the hurt on him. But after the fight he can be my best friend if he wants to be. Itís just a business and heís in front of me stopping me going forward and I need to get rid of this kid. So i canít be friends with him before but after sure.

Anson Wainwright - As well as a British title fight it will also double up as a WBO Welterweight title fight currently held by Superstar Manny Pacquiao. What are your feeling on that?

Kell Brook - Manny Pacquiao is vacating I hear to fight at Light Middle with Margarito so the title looks like itís vacant and whoís number one (In the rankings)? ÖMe! So if I beat Jennings and I train hard because i know after this fight i have a world title maybe before Christmas. Before the end of 2010 Kell Brook could be world champion.

Anson Wainwright - Any chance the WBO may make your fight with Jennings a world title fight instead of an eliminator?

Kell Brook - I donít know, if they do they do. Itís worthy of being a world title fight. I just know Iím in great shape, Iíve got 6 weeks to go. Bring it on, I canít wait for 18 September. Everything is running smooth.

Anson Wainwright - Who is part of team Kell Brook, your manager, trainer & Promoter? Also what gym do you regularly use?

Kell Brook - Frank (Warren) is my promoter. Dominic, Brendan & John (Ingle) are Team Brook and my dad. Iíve got good people around me, thatís always good. I use the Wincobank Gym.

Anson Wainwright - For fight fans in America and the rest of the world how would you describe your fighting style?

Kell Brook - Iím elusive, sharp, good boxing brain. Good to watch. I throw punches from different angles.

Anson Wainwright - Could you tell us about your early years in Sheffield and how the path took you into Boxing?

Kell Brook - I used to watch a lot of Bruce Lee movieís, Enter the Dragon stuff like that Van Damme (Films). So I practiced and when I was 9 my dad brought me to the Wincobank gym to burn a bit of that energy off. He noticed that if I could hit without being hit I could do things and I had a really big punch on me at that age, he saw something in me. So he brought me down to the Boxing gym. I fell in love with the game and Iíve been there pretty much ever since and done well.

Anson Wainwright - When your not Boxing what do you like to do? What are your hobbies?

Kell Brook - When your in training you canít do that much. I like walking with my girlfriend in the countryside with the dog. I like the pictures, going for nice meals. Stuff like that, playing snooker with mates. I watch all different kinds of sports but Boxing is obviously my main one.

Anson Wainwright - Obviously this fight is a huge one that will if successful put you in a very good spot, though realistically a fight with Pacquiao is still awhile away. Would you look to fight for perhaps the European title or even look at on of the other world champions whilst building your profile to make a fight with some of the big names at 147?

Kell Brook - Iíll fight anyone. Iíll leave that to Frank Warren, heís the man. If Frank lines them up Iíll knock them out. Ask Frank, whoever he says Iíll fight them.

Anson Wainwright - Who were your heroís growing up?

Kell Brook - Prince Naseem (Hamed) & Ryan Rhodes were my Boxing heroís.

Anson Wainwright - How do you see the Welterweight division currently and where do you think you fit in?

Kell Brook - In the world itís an electric division. Itís a colourful division Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, Cotto, Mosley, Berto thereís some great fighters out there. Itís the main weight division with people looking into. So to be part of that is very good. Iím unbeaten and donít think Iím getting beat anytime soon. Iíd like to be looking at those fighters in the next 12-18 months.

Anson Wainwright - Finally do you have a message for your fans?

Kell Brook - Make sure you buy it on PPV or preferably be ringside or get to the fight because itís a tremendous bill and Iím going to put on a serious show on for you all.

Thanks for taking time to speak to you.

Anson Wainwright
15rounds.com
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-10-2010, 07:55 AM
bcfc
Banned

Rep Power: 0 bcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond reputebcfc has a reputation beyond repute
Funny Mofo - Stones! Suck my cock hhahahahah - Stones! i also gave you the green k homie - Tha_Greatest 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ken Kaniff AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Doreem 

just wanna add, we all know khan is looking to move up to ww after he's done his thing in jww (providing he unifies the titleslike he said he would) i there is gonna be a big home clash between khan and brook, would be a great fight in my opinion.... especially if brook has a title....
Old 08-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Zig Zag.
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Zig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,577,779.67
Total Points: 5,055,509.96
Have some moneys for some pu$$y - PandaKilla 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - !! Met-Rx Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - !! Met-Rx 

Michael Jennings UD
Old 08-10-2010, 08:11 AM
bcfc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le4 View Post
Michael Jennings UD
ye i wnt jennigs do win aswell, seems like a nice guy, i like how he stuck in there with cotto aswell, showed alot of heart even though he was beng outclassed.....deserves another shot imo..... tough guy been stabbed, shot and everything ive heard....
Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 AM
bboy80
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 bboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,879,819,683.63
Total Points: 24,879,828,825.30
Your a good poster,have a beer - The_Demon 

Quote:
Michael Jennings UD
lmao yer right.... he got beat by young mutley who is ****e...
Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Zig Zag.
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Zig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond reputeZig Zag. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,577,779.67
Total Points: 5,055,509.96
Have some moneys for some pu$$y - PandaKilla 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - !! Met-Rx Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - !! Met-Rx 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy80 View Post
lmao yer right.... he got beat by young mutley who is ****e...
he was robbed....

_______
Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 AM
BetterCallSaul
Shot!

Rep Power: 36 BetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 105,764,430,326.08
Total Points: 145,784,530,480.86
'Dr Boring' LMAO!!!! - Chunk Funny stuff. - The RealDeal No Message - murfbreak3r Poster of the month award! - The Surgeon Knows what is good for the sport. - deanrw 
Enjoy - rorymac Happy Easter, some e-choccie for you :D - Bossy 

Kell Brook should walk Jennings down and stop him late. But if Jennings can keep on the outside and frustrate Brook then he has a chance to score an upset.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:34 PM
bboy80
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 bboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,879,819,683.63
Total Points: 24,879,828,825.30
Your a good poster,have a beer - The_Demon 

Quote:
he was robbed....

_______
hahaha... yer right, he got his arsed kicked.. he's ****