Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Reply
Thread Navigation

#11
Old 08-01-2010, 04:20 PM
$BloodyNate$
GUCCI
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hairy Cooch
Age: 22
Posts: 9,358
Rep Power: 25 $BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,068.32
Bank: 1,166,108,381,517,746.50
Total Points: 1,166,108,381,532,814.75
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy Birthday :) - Bossy wut up nate!! - Mike D 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
When it comes to Japanese fighters, White would prefer to use them as stepping stones. That's why he brings over guys that are past their prime and promotes them to lose. How long as Yushin Okami been languishing on undercards? Long enough that I had to look him up in order to recall his name. Okami is one of the few guys who is actually both good and in his prime from Japan to ever fight in the UFC, and yet he gets absolutely no respect. Sure he lost to Sonnen, and a majority of his fights are decisions, but at the same time, he's just another guy that doesn't fit in to the model and who languishes in obscurity, despite fighting for the UFC and despite being a top MW for the past few years. Dana White and the UFC are racists. I can't see any other logical conclusion (and Okami is simply an example).
Okami was on the undercards because he's boring as hell. Not to mention he was really inactive before the fight with Chael so he could never get some momentum to put him on the main card. But he looked FANTASTIC in this last fight which was a very good fight so he's being reward by being on the main card against Munoz tonight. And if he impresses tonight which I think he will, he'll be fighting closer to a co-main event for a fight night or PPV really really soon. Dana's not hurting him, he saved the fans from all of his boring fights which he was hurting himself with. Gomi is an exciting fighter and that's why he's on the main card plus he was established even though he is passed it but I've heard of the UFC trying to sign him ever since they bought Pride.

I don't think it's nationalistic racism at ALL. GSP is freakin Canadian, and America don't give a **** about Canadians. Roger Huerta was being shoved down our throats before he started losing and his Mexican heritage was everywhere especially since he wanted to have a fight card in Mexico. They go overseas all the time so I just don't see the nationalistic racism especially since Brazillians are the most common most exciting fighters at the elite level.

It all comes down to the fans and giving them their money's worth. If their exciting the UFC will give them a shot. UFC was trying forever to get Fedor, it's not that they didn't want him because he didn't fit "the model" it's not their fault they didn't sign him it's Fedor. Not because he don't want to fight there because he keep that ****ty ass M-1 company around him who won't let him fight anywhere unless they can "co-promote." And if you were the UFC why the hell would you want to co-promote with some 3rd rate company?

I'm sure like Kaps said the UFC will make a run for Overreem someday but right now he's in enemy territory so of course he's going to talk ****. BUt if he ever signed him it'd be the complete opposite. We'll start hearing the truth like "Allistair was taking it to Chuck before he gassed because he was draining himself. He's one of the best heavyweights in the world...blah blah blah".
Reply With Quote
$BloodyNate$ is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#12
Old 08-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 13,199
Rep Power: 87 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,566.75
Bank: 321,557,348,134,510.38
Total Points: 321,557,348,151,077.12
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedatpkid View Post
Okami was on the undercards because he's boring as hell. Not to mention he was really inactive before the fight with Chael so he could never get some momentum to put him on the main card. But he looked FANTASTIC in this last fight which was a very good fight so he's being reward by being on the main card against Munoz tonight. And if he impresses tonight which I think he will, he'll be fighting closer to a co-main event for a fight night or PPV really really soon. Dana's not hurting him, he saved the fans from all of his boring fights which he was hurting himself with. Gomi is an exciting fighter and that's why he's on the main card plus he was established even though he is passed it but I've heard of the UFC trying to sign him ever since they bought Pride.

I don't think it's nationalistic racism at ALL. GSP is freakin Canadian, and America don't give a **** about Canadians. Roger Huerta was being shoved down our throats before he started losing and his Mexican heritage was everywhere especially since he wanted to have a fight card in Mexico. They go overseas all the time so I just don't see the nationalistic racism especially since Brazillians are the most common most exciting fighters at the elite level.

It all comes down to the fans and giving them their money's worth. If their exciting the UFC will give them a shot. UFC was trying forever to get Fedor, it's not that they didn't want him because he didn't fit "the model" it's not their fault they didn't sign him it's Fedor. Not because he don't want to fight there because he keep that ****ty ass M-1 company around him who won't let him fight anywhere unless they can "co-promote." And if you were the UFC why the hell would you want to co-promote with some 3rd rate company?

I'm sure like Kaps said the UFC will make a run for Overreem someday but right now he's in enemy territory so of course he's going to talk ****. BUt if he ever signed him it'd be the complete opposite. We'll start hearing the truth like "Allistair was taking it to Chuck before he gassed because he was draining himself. He's one of the best heavyweights in the world...blah blah blah".
Why not respond to my prior post. What you responded to was an example to illustrate what I was saying, and not at all the main point. That is not to say I don't stand by it, but it was, as I said, merely an illustration.

And things are not so simple as to say "GSP is Canadian, he's promoted positively, therefore the UFC is not nationalistic." Reread my posts, especially the prior one, and try again. What else can I say.
Reply With Quote
Virgil Caine is offline
#13
Old 08-01-2010, 08:54 PM
$BloodyNate$
GUCCI
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hairy Cooch
Age: 22
Posts: 9,358
Rep Power: 25 $BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,068.32
Bank: 1,166,108,381,517,746.50
Total Points: 1,166,108,381,532,814.75
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy Birthday :) - Bossy wut up nate!! - Mike D 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Default

I was responding to both of em. Only the first paragraph was directed towards the part I actually quoted.

In my eyes I don't think Dana promotes Anderson because "he has too." That's a really current point of a view because of 2 of his last 3 fights. It's a rough relationship right now but before the Thales fight Dana loved to promote this guy calling him "the best pound for pound fighter in the world" saying he was better then Fedor and everything because of his deadly exciting style.

I know you said it's not an every case type of thing but I've never seen EVER where the UFC didn't promote somebody because "they didn't fit their model." It's pretty simple actually. If your really good and exciting, your going to be on the main card and get a push. If your incredibly boring you'll probably be stuck on the undercards until all the exciting fighters are out of the way and your the last option. Dana really only showed favoritism towards Chuck but he has been with Chuck for around 10 years now because he use to manage him.

I just think this is just another case of Dana being a dickhead because Allistair isn't signed by the UFC and fat chance it ever happens because Overeem loves K-1.
Reply With Quote
$BloodyNate$ is offline
#14
Old 08-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 13,199
Rep Power: 87 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,566.75
Bank: 321,557,348,134,510.38
Total Points: 321,557,348,151,077.12
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedatpkid View Post
I was responding to both of em. Only the first paragraph was directed towards the part I actually quoted.

In my eyes I don't think Dana promotes Anderson because "he has too." That's a really current point of a view because of 2 of his last 3 fights. It's a rough relationship right now but before the Thales fight Dana loved to promote this guy calling him "the best pound for pound fighter in the world" saying he was better then Fedor and everything because of his deadly exciting style.

I know you said it's not an every case type of thing but I've never seen EVER where the UFC didn't promote somebody because "they didn't fit their model." It's pretty simple actually. If your really good and exciting, your going to be on the main card and get a push. If your incredibly boring you'll probably be stuck on the undercards until all the exciting fighters are out of the way and your the last option. Dana really only showed favoritism towards Chuck but he has been with Chuck for around 10 years now because he use to manage him.

I just think this is just another case of Dana being a dickhead because Allistair isn't signed by the UFC and fat chance it ever happens because Overeem loves K-1.
We disagree.

By the way, did you see the Okami fight?

Goldberg's commentary was obviously and non-surprisingly very biased.

Honestly, I don't see much of a case that the UFC isn't racist.
Reply With Quote
Virgil Caine is offline
#15
Old 08-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 13,199
Rep Power: 87 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,566.75
Bank: 321,557,348,134,510.38
Total Points: 321,557,348,151,077.12
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 
Default

And, for the record, Okami isn't and wasn't that boring.
Reply With Quote
Virgil Caine is offline
#16
Old 08-02-2010, 12:06 AM
bukakke
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 122
Rep Power: 8 bukakke is a jewel in the roughbukakke is a jewel in the roughbukakke is a jewel in the rough
Points: 82,345.75
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 82,345.75
Default

Dana's right, Overeem just looks good cause hes facing bums. Look who he has fought, Rogers, Fujita, Thompson, Goodridge, and other bums.

Also he didn't just lose to Chuck, but to Shogun twice, and Little Nog. So 3 of Dana's light heavy weights have defeated a so called top 10 heavyweight.

And lets not ignore the fact that hes roiding up.
Reply With Quote
bukakke is offline
#17
Old 08-02-2010, 02:04 AM
kaps
Lords of Boxingscene
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: 209
Age: 32
Posts: 33,852
Rep Power: 113 kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,701,064,120.53
Bank: 75,369,665,285,595.42
Total Points: 75,373,366,349,715.95
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukakke View Post
Dana's right, Overeem just looks good cause hes facing bums. Look who he has fought, Rogers, Fujita, Thompson, Goodridge, and other bums.

Also he didn't just lose to Chuck, but to Shogun twice, and Little Nog. So 3 of Dana's light heavy weights have defeated a so called top 10 heavyweight.

And lets not ignore the fact that hes roiding up.
He passed his test after the Rogers fight, and had agreed to taking olympic style testing before the fight. Continue gargling Dana's balls and swallowing everything he gives you....
Reply With Quote
kaps is offline
#18
Old 08-02-2010, 03:49 AM
$BloodyNate$
GUCCI
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hairy Cooch
Age: 22
Posts: 9,358
Rep Power: 25 $BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,068.32
Bank: 1,166,108,381,517,746.50
Total Points: 1,166,108,381,532,814.75
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy Birthday :) - Bossy wut up nate!! - Mike D 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
We disagree.

By the way, did you see the Okami fight?

Goldberg's commentary was obviously and non-surprisingly very biased.

Honestly, I don't see much of a case that the UFC isn't racist.

And, for the record, Okami isn't and wasn't that boring.
Yup, he was decent so they'll keep him on the main card. He'll get a high B level guy next time before he gets somebody that might get him a title shot if he won. His strikings really gotten better but not really as good as what Rogan was saying though.

So you really care what that retarded dip**** has to say? Joe Rogan was praising Okami throughout the whole fight. Mike Goldberg is just as retarded and makes just as much sense as Dana.

And yeah he was a step above Antonio Mckee & new age GSP as far as exciting goes but he's a lot better now and that's all matters since he's finally getting the spotlight he deserves.
Reply With Quote
$BloodyNate$ is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
"ufc, 'the, alistair, dana, guy'", haters, idiot, overeem, websites, white:

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.