Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-27-2010, 12:43 PM
NWO4Life
Contender

Rep Power: 0 NWO4Life is infamous around these partsNWO4Life is infamous around these partsNWO4Life is infamous around these partsNWO4Life is infamous around these partsNWO4Life is infamous around these partsNWO4Life is infamous around these partsNWO4Life is infamous around these partsNWO4Life is infamous around these partsNWO4Life is infamous around these partsNWO4Life is infamous around these partsNWO4Life is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,364.24
Default Vanes Martirosyan=Yuri Foreman "West"

Seriously, of course this would be the next step by Mr Bob, and it does not surprise me at all that "Top Rank" (ie Arum) wants to make the fight, and is "pushing" Cotto to fight another undefeated "prospect" for Mr Bob's stable. Just like Cotto never really expressed desire to fight Yuri Foreman and only fought the guy b/c it was the only option given to him, the only reason he would ever fight this guy would be b/c Arum is forcing his hand, so to speak.

We all saw how obvious it was once the build to the Cotto-Foreman fight began that Mr Bob was trying to use Cotto as a platform/stepping stool/gatekeeper to get Yuri Foreman out there and was not so secretly hoping Foreman would win so Mr Bob would have an undefeated NYC-based, ethnic, Jewish star with a win over the 3rd biggest draw in ther sport and a probable hall of famer. It was pretty damn obvious he wanted Foreman to win and was using Cotto as a "star-maker". Cotto beats Foreman, Mr Bob didnt seem to pleased his plans didn't work out.

Now, Top Rank (ie Arum) wants Cotto to fight Vanes. Why? Same reasons they wanted him to fight Foreman, except Vanes is basically the West Coast version of Foreman. Vanes is a young undefeated prospect, and like Foreman was the representative of one of the largest ethnic groups in NYC...Vanes is Armenian and Armenians are basically for LA as Jews are for NYC (yeah, that is some broad brushstroking, but you get what Im saying). There is a very large Armenian community in the LA-area and just like Foreman, were he to upset Cotto suddenly Mr Bob would have an LA-based, undefeated, ethnic Armenian draw on the West Coast.

In my opinion, it seems like Mr Bob is more concerned with trying to use Cotto to "put over" (to use a wrestling term) one of his younger stars that he thinks would be highly marketable in NYC or LA and would have a dedicated ethnic following than he is in Cotto, himself. This would equate to Mr Bobs second try at using Cotto to make a new star, hoping he loses. The fact that Mr Bob seems to have developed a very cozy relationship with Freddie Roach I think is an element, too.

In addition, everything I've read about this proposed fight so far indicates it is a possibility b/c FREDDIE ROACH is pushing Top Rank for it. Ummm, excuse me, but since when should Freddie Roach be dictating to Top Rank who Miguel Cotto should be fighting next, and why on Earth should Top Rank be pushing Cotto to fight Vanes b/c the trainer of ANOTHER fighter wants the fight? Where does Cotto's opinion come into any of this? Since when do nobody fighters who have name trainers get to push for anything. Can anyone picture Manny Pacquaio being "pushed" into fighting some nobody b/c the nobody is trained by Teddy Atlas, or something? Of course not...
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-27-2010, 01:01 PM
freeloada
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 freeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,570,225,385,296.29
Total Points: 3,570,225,446,830.02
it wouldn't be very 'pinoy' on my part to just buy 1...here's another - Makavelli more beer for the homey - Makavelli Cheers - mangler balut from the PI! lol - JM1 heres your favorite bigmac lol - JM1 
For my bro' - jazluvr449 another one cuz you're the best! - jazluvr449 These look nice lined up...lol. - jazluvr449 gracias bud - Makavelli There we are! Thanks for all you do! - jazluvr449 
medal of honor for you - jazluvr No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada 
No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jazluvr449 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Send a message via AIM to freeloada

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO4Life View Post
Seriously, of course this would be the next step by Mr Bob, and it does not surprise me at all that "Top Rank" (ie Arum) wants to make the fight, and is "pushing" Cotto to fight another undefeated "prospect" for Mr Bob's stable. Just like Cotto never really expressed desire to fight Yuri Foreman and only fought the guy b/c it was the only option given to him, the only reason he would ever fight this guy would be b/c Arum is forcing his hand, so to speak.

We all saw how obvious it was once the build to the Cotto-Foreman fight began that Mr Bob was trying to use Cotto as a platform/stepping stool/gatekeeper to get Yuri Foreman out there and was not so secretly hoping Foreman would win so Mr Bob would have an undefeated NYC-based, ethnic, Jewish star with a win over the 3rd biggest draw in ther sport and a probable hall of famer. It was pretty damn obvious he wanted Foreman to win and was using Cotto as a "star-maker". Cotto beats Foreman, Mr Bob didnt seem to pleased his plans didn't work out.

Now, Top Rank (ie Arum) wants Cotto to fight Vanes. Why? Same reasons they wanted him to fight Foreman, except Vanes is basically the West Coast version of Foreman. Vanes is a young undefeated prospect, and like Foreman was the representative of one of the largest ethnic groups in NYC...Vanes is Armenian and Armenians are basically for LA as Jews are for NYC (yeah, that is some broad brushstroking, but you get what Im saying). There is a very large Armenian community in the LA-area and just like Foreman, were he to upset Cotto suddenly Mr Bob would have an LA-based, undefeated, ethnic Armenian draw on the West Coast.

In my opinion, it seems like Mr Bob is more concerned with trying to use Cotto to "put over" (to use a wrestling term) one of his younger stars that he thinks would be highly marketable in NYC or LA and would have a dedicated ethnic following than he is in Cotto, himself. This would equate to Mr Bobs second try at using Cotto to make a new star, hoping he loses. The fact that Mr Bob seems to have developed a very cozy relationship with Freddie Roach I think is an element, too.

In addition, everything I've read about this proposed fight so far indicates it is a possibility b/c FREDDIE ROACH is pushing Top Rank for it. Ummm, excuse me, but since when should Freddie Roach be dictating to Top Rank who Miguel Cotto should be fighting next, and why on Earth should Top Rank be pushing Cotto to fight Vanes b/c the trainer of ANOTHER fighter wants the fight? Where does Cotto's opinion come into any of this? Since when do nobody fighters who have name trainers get to push for anything. Can anyone picture Manny Pacquaio being "pushed" into fighting some nobody b/c the nobody is trained by Teddy Atlas, or something? Of course not...

Sorry.. but Cotto's opinion doesn't matter.. Sorry to break it to you.. Cotto says himself.. I'll let my promoters worry about who i fight next.. I will fight anyone they put in front of me.. So.. Arum decides to put Vanes in front of him.. No ones fault but Cotto's.. But thats what makes him so great.. he's willing to take on ANYONE..

I think its a good idea.. cause its a softer fight for him.. not as bad as the wars he's been in recently.. so if gives him more time to mesh better with ManStu..