Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Aussie Forum
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2010, 10:57 AM
classicbuzzbox
Contender

Rep Power: 0 classicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these parts
Bank: 113,567,497.79
Total Points: 113,578,051.95
Default NEWS UPDATE - Aussie boxing forum users crack boxing bout dive

Amazingly, a well orchestrated dive by former light heavyweight title challenger went seemingly unnoticed until pounced upon by keen users of the Australian Boxing forum - part of the larger east side boxing forum. The fighter, Paul "hurricane" Briggs skillfully used the opening jab from his opponent Daniel Green, to stagger and fall in what most uninformed onlookers thought was a legitimate blow. In what was clearly a well rehersed fall and a seemingly genuine attempt to beat the 10 count, it was a wonder any could show the gall to label this a dive. Thankfully, a core segment of the Aussie Boxing forum saw through the charade. "You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time" said a introspective Briggs as he was taken away by police, possibly for charges in relation to Wednesday nights farcical proceedings.

Jump on the floor after that you weak cunt.

The betting agencies too could smell a rat. "We've had a huge influx of bets on Danny Green to knock out Briggs in the first round. There's something not quite right as Greens gone AT Least 4 rounds in his last three fights. The laws of averages demand he's due to do at least 2 rounds this time around. When Briggs weighed in nearly 4 kilos over the contracted weight while facing away from the cameras, had some quality sparring posted on youtube, three years away from competing due to neurological issues and Jeff Fenech giving him all the good press he could wish for, some underworld elements were actually rigging the super fight to only last ONE round". Said Bill ****more of SportsTAB "People were putting lots and lots of small $20 bets on. There were some 5 figure bets too. We knew something had to be up because Kerry Packers dead and he was the only Aussie with this kind of betting cabbage." Most betting agencies have stopped giving odds on mismatches fearing bets from well informed boxing fans.

The pub going element of the "Aussie forum" in particular headed this insightful brains trust who could see through the lavish attempt to hide the planned fall. Said a member who chose to be only identified as Corn Wallace "I knew it was a sham from the get go. I couldn't understand why the odds were dropping so fast. Something was up, like everyone was in on some kind of secret. Then, when the first shot landed I saw it. He was trying too hard to cover it up. Thats the give away with a dive. They have to put enough into it so they don't bring too much attention upon themselves so the money trail isn't investigated. Of course I had the house on Briggs after me and all the regular forum users worked each other up into some kind of delusional fenzy. I now hate Green more than Brently does and this is even after he said he hates Green even more than he did previously (which is impossible)".

Some forum users are still dubious of this dive. Some have voiced their concerns for the state of Briggs health after seeing him take much career punishment and have expressed distain at the treatment of a warrior who has put his own health on the line in the name of throwaway entertainment for the masses. Some have even branded their co-posters as fickle, sighting the speed at which they dropped their man without even a hint of concern that the downing of Briggs might be the culmination of damage suffered in a career of going toe-to-toe in entertaining contests". Rightfully, these people have been labbelled tranny f%%king morons for their obviously rediculous take on what can only be described a dive and furthermore, giving Briggs the benefit of the doubt is a weakness not suffered here. Thankfully, Briggs has been dubbed a joke by those who are well informed.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,259,639,550.99
Total Points: 3,269,760,454.11
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

As many times as I watch that punch I cannot accept that it legitimately hurt Paul enough to send him down.

In the case that it did, he should have known it well before the fight. He surely would have taken hundreds of blows that hard in his training camp sparring sessions and would have known he couldn't take a single, pawing, glancing shot. In that case, he should have pulled out.

All bull**** aside mate, what do you think happened in there? Do you honesly think he went out there and just couldn't take that shot? Does that seem realistic? And I know you are mocking the betting patterns, but surely they make it look a lot more likley that this was a pre-determined event.

Based on the evidence, I think he took a dive. I'm sure there are others out there that think differently, but I just can't accept any other reason as being reasonable, based on what I have seen and read.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:30 PM
The Muss
Contender

Rep Power: 5 The Muss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Muss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Muss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Muss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Muss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Muss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Muss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Muss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Muss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Muss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Muss has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,936.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicbuzzbox View Post
Amazingly, a well orchestrated dive by former light heavyweight title challenger went seemingly unnoticed until pounced upon by keen users of the Australian Boxing forum - part of the larger east side boxing forum. The fighter, Paul "hurricane" Briggs skillfully used the opening jab from his opponent Daniel Green, to stagger and fall in what most uninformed onlookers thought was a legitimate blow. In what was clearly a well rehersed fall and a seemingly genuine attempt to beat the 10 count, it was a wonder any could show the gall to label this a dive. Thankfully, a core segment of the Aussie Boxing forum saw through the charade. "You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time" said a introspective Briggs as he was taken away by police, possibly for charges in relation to Wednesday nights farcical proceedings.

Jump on the floor after that you weak cunt.

The betting agencies too could smell a rat. "We've had a huge influx of bets on Danny Green to knock out Briggs in the first round. There's something not quite right as Greens gone AT Least 4 rounds in his last three fights. The laws of averages demand he's due to do at least 2 rounds this time around. When Briggs weighed in nearly 4 kilos over the contracted weight while facing away from the cameras, had some quality sparring posted on youtube, three years away from competing due to neurological issues and Jeff Fenech giving him all the good press he could wish for, some underworld elements were actually rigging the super fight to only last ONE round". Said Bill ****more of SportsTAB "People were putting lots and lots of small $20 bets on. There were some 5 figure bets too. We knew something had to be up because Kerry Packers dead and he was the only Aussie with this kind of betting cabbage." Most betting agencies have stopped giving odds on mismatches fearing bets from well informed boxing fans.

The pub going element of the "Aussie forum" in particular headed this insightful brains trust who could see through the lavish attempt to hide the planned fall. Said a member who chose to be only identified as Corn Wallace "I knew it was a sham from the get go. I couldn't understand why the odds were dropping so fast. Something was up, like everyone was in on some kind of secret. Then, when the first shot landed I saw it. He was trying too hard to cover it up. Thats the give away with a dive. They have to put enough into it so they don't bring too much attention upon themselves so the money trail isn't investigated. Of course I had the house on Briggs after me and all the regular forum users worked each other up into some kind of delusional fenzy. I now hate Green more than Brently does and this is even after he said he hates Green even more than he did previously (which is impossible)".

Some forum users are still dubious of this dive. Some have voiced their concerns for the state of Briggs health after seeing him take much career punishment and have expressed distain at the treatment of a warrior who has put his own health on the line in the name of throwaway entertainment for the masses. Some have even branded their co-posters as fickle, sighting the speed at which they dropped their man without even a hint of concern that the downing of Briggs might be the culmination of damage suffered in a career of going toe-to-toe in entertaining contests". Rightfully, these people have been labbelled tranny f%%king morons for their obviously rediculous take on what can only be described a dive and furthermore, giving Briggs the benefit of the doubt is a weakness not suffered here. Thankfully, Briggs has been dubbed a joke by those who are well informed.

I feel like I've been referenced, but maybe not!
Old 07-24-2010, 07:58 PM
ColWallace
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 ColWallace has a reputation beyond reputeColWallace has a reputation beyond reputeColWallace has a reputation beyond reputeColWallace has a reputation beyond reputeColWallace has a reputation beyond reputeColWallace has a reputation beyond reputeColWallace has a reputation beyond reputeColWallace has a reputation beyond reputeColWallace has a reputation beyond reputeColWallace has a reputation beyond reputeColWallace has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,035,348,221.93
Total Points: 3,036,359,554.76

This is your attempt at "satire", I take it.

Er, not very good at all.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:49 PM
RAV3N
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 RAV3N has a reputation beyond reputeRAV3N has a reputation beyond reputeRAV3N has a reputation beyond reputeRAV3N has a reputation beyond reputeRAV3N has a reputation beyond reputeRAV3N has a reputation beyond reputeRAV3N has a reputation beyond reputeRAV3N has a reputation beyond reputeRAV3N has a reputation beyond reputeRAV3N has a reputation beyond reputeRAV3N has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257,284,991,491,008.25
Total Points: 1,257,285,041,514,285.75

It was my thread that dubbed him as a joke
Old 07-25-2010, 08:17 AM
classicbuzzbox
Contender

Rep Power: 0 classicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these partsclassicbuzzbox is infamous around these parts
Bank: 113,567,497.79
Total Points: 113,578,051.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColWallace View Post
This is your attempt at "satire", I take it.

Er, not very good at all.
The fact you aren't sure speaks volumes.