Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,576,486.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 
Default zinedine zidane, slightly overrated?

zinedine zidane, slightly overrated?

I used to watch Zidane for Madrid when Beckham played for them and i gotta say, even though on occasion Zidane was capable of the sublime, his goal against Leverkusen, not to mention his great skillset, i do think he was slightly overrated in terms of, he was inconsistent, sure he could turn it on in a split second but i cant say i ever saw him run a game, although i seem to remember him playing well in the WC where he got sent off, particularly in the Italy game if i recall, however there were too many times were he would go quiet in a game, i remember the France/England game in 2004, aside from his free kick and pen, he was not particularly effective in the game from what i remember, thats what i mean, he could turn it on in a split second sometimes but i cant say he used used to run games.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Boxin'
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Boxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 950,925.48
Total Points: 66,983,303.53
Have Some Pie Erik :) nom nom nom.. - BritishBoxing92 For being down with the set - Heeb 13 here you go homie - CungLe for your 1 rd ko ownage of dillinger homie, i couldnt buy it yesterday,, now you got it - Tha_Greatest For Erik.....And The Chatzy! ;) - BritishBoxing92 
Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Unparalleled Football Knowledge - Heebarican yoooooooooo broooooooooke - Sir TomJones think of Cristiano! - Sir TomJones 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BritishBoxing92 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter Gay and Lesbian Pride - Jim Jeffries Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Willy Wanker 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Willy Wanker Gay and Lesbian Pride - ElleeFor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
zinedine zidane, slightly overrated?

I used to watch Zidane for Madrid when Beckham played for them and i gotta say, even though on occasion Zidane was capable of the sublime, his goal against Leverkusen, not to mention his great skillset, i do think he was slightly overrated in terms of, he was inconsistent, sure he could turn it on in a split second but i cant say i ever saw him run a game, although i seem to remember him playing well in the WC where he got sent off, particularly in the Italy game if i recall, however there were too many times were he would go quiet in a game, i remember the France/England game in 2004, aside from his free kick and pen, he was not particularly effective in the game from what i remember, thats what i mean, he could turn it on in a split second sometimes but i cant say he used used to run games.
He ran most of France' games in the WC 2006. He single handedly killed Brazil. He had a great game against Spain too. He was also GREAT in Euro 2000 when France won. Actually Zidane in 2000 is the closest to running games i can think of. he dominated.

What makes him great for me is that he always performed when it mattered the most. He was the complete opposite of big game flop, the bigger the game, the better he played.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Boxin'
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Boxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond reputeBoxin' has a reputation beyond repute
Have Some Pie Erik :) nom nom nom.. - BritishBoxing92 For being down with the set - Heeb 13 here you go homie - CungLe for your 1 rd ko ownage of dillinger homie, i couldnt buy it yesterday,, now you got it - Tha_Greatest For Erik.....And The Chatzy! ;) - BritishBoxing92 
Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Unparalleled Football Knowledge - Heebarican yoooooooooo broooooooooke - Sir TomJones think of Cristiano! - Sir TomJones 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BritishBoxing92 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter Gay and Lesbian Pride - Jim Jeffries Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Willy Wanker 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Willy Wanker Gay and Lesbian Pride - ElleeFor 

Watch this vid homie. Zidane vs Brazil 2006 = perfect game
Old 07-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Irish Hitman
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Irish Hitman has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Hitman has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Hitman has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Hitman has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Hitman has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Hitman has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Hitman has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Hitman has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Hitman has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Hitman has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Hitman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,234,346.50
Total Points: 28,615,780.10
great NSB poster, fukk the trolls - cleaner147 have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Send a message via MSN to Irish Hitman

Nah man he wasnt overated he was a beast and a great holding midfielder, ever since he retired France have gotten sh*t he was the biggest leader in world football
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Boxin'
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Hitman View Post
Nah man he wasnt overated he was a beast and a great holding midfielder, ever since he retired France have gotten sh*t he was the biggest leader in world football
I agree.

World Cup 1998 France win their first world cup. Zidane played

World Cup 2002 France go out in the Group Stages Zidane was injured and played only 1 game

World Cup 2006 France win their first world cup. Zidane captained his team to the final and France in a penalty shoot out. Zidane was named Player Of The Tournament

World Cup 2010 France go out in the Group Stages Zidane had retired and wasnt in the World Cup
Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,304,832,342.01
Total Points: 3,314,958,155.45
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

I think maybe slightly. Its easy for people to get dazzled by the double in the 98 final and that goal in the UCL final against Leverkusen and start proclaiming Zidane as the best midfielder (or one of the best) of all time. He was still a great player though, particularly for France. One of the best of his generation. I did feel that at times in his club career, moreso in his later years at Madrid, he could drift out of games a little too much.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Junito-Rulez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Junito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,181,257.62
Total Points: 1,384,780.65
good poster - shobox good poster with a good attitude. - DiLLiNGER merry christmas!!! - shobox Merry Xmas - mangler An apple a day keeps zionist scum away. - Stone Roses! 
Scarface - Stones! 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - USA_Pugilist Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tom Jones 

Underrated if anything. Zidane is top 3 ATG behind Pele and Maradona.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,304,832,342.01
Total Points: 3,314,958,155.45
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junito-Rulez View Post
Underrated if anything. Zidane is top 3 ATG behind Pele and Maradona.
Yeah see this is what I'm talking about. He was a great player, just not quite that great IMO.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Boxin'
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan... View Post
Yeah see this is what I'm talking about. He was a great player, just not quite that great IMO.
Prime Zidane was untouchable.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Flawless*
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Flawless* is infamous around these partsFlawless* is infamous around these partsFlawless* is infamous around these partsFlawless* is infamous around these partsFlawless* is infamous around these partsFlawless* is infamous around these partsFlawless* is infamous around these partsFlawless* is infamous around these partsFlawless* is infamous around these partsFlawless* is infamous around these partsFlawless* is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,406,761,634.28
you play the role of the bad guy extremely good when you wanna but overall , youre a superman, at times you piss people off but you are still better off in boxing scene here pissing people off than not in boxingscene at all, you are a all time great - Tha_Greatest ATG - Dick Buffman ATG Poster - Stone Roses! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - tim horton Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - tim horton 

I don***8217;t know why people obsess with ***8220;he doesn***8217;t control the game***8221;. It***8217;s a 90 minutes match, it takes a few key moments to win a match. That is what greatness is determined by. Look at Ronaldindo, he didn***8217;t run around and puff himself out. He stayed up forward and did the job when required of him. Same thing was Zindae, moment of brilliance wins games