Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Vadrigar.
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Vadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,027,186,728.07
Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee - Stone Roses! Always good to see you post akhi. - RubenSonny for old times - Spray_resistant thank me later - ted*. keep it going :D - lebrick 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
why 4 why not just make it 5?

But, OK that is fine but you do know all that top 3 or 4 or 5 is really opininated.

For example I am pretty sure you have Ali as an elitist. I would not argue he is an elitist the greatest HW of all time. And, as much as I love Ali I don't have Ali in my top 5.

SRR, Armstrong, Greb, B. Leonard, and Pep are in my top 5. I do have Ali ahead of Ross and Langford. But, I know people who have Ross and Langford ahead of Ali. And, you can't really argue that. Because, both Langford and Ross have a case to be ahead of Ali.

So I don't see how you can leave these 7 guys out cuz they're not 3 or 4.
I get really angry when ALi isnt in the top three. Please don't tell me you've been brainwashed by that idiot Bert Sugar?

He has consistently used very laughable arguments to downgrade ALi. It's like he has completly sideswiped what happened in the "Rumble in the Jungle"

His zionist style revisionist propagana is ridiculous.

I will only Allow you to leave Ali out of top 5 if you are doing P4P rankings. Obviously ALi hasn't got multiple weight classes under his belt. But in terms of "greatest fighter" he has to be in top three.

Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-14-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-14-2010, 08:54 AM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 78 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,955,563.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmuhammadM View Post
I get really angry when ALi isnt in the top three. Please don't tell me you've been brainwashed by that idiot Bert Sugar?

He has consistently used very laughable arguments to downgrade ALi. It's like he has completly sideswiped what happened in the "Rumble in the Jungle"
lol no not getting brainwashed by Bert Sugar. Bert has Dempsey #9. How so? I don't know. Disagree with that very much.

However, SRR, Armstrong, Greb, Pep, B. Leonard, Langford, and Ross all have a case to be ranked ahead of Ali. You can ranked them anyway you want. I won't argue with you if you have Ali at #3. Because, it is all really opinionated. But, those 6 fighters do have a case. And, to be honest I might rank Ali ahead of Langford and Ross because I might be a little biased. Since I am a huge fan of Ali and love him as a fighter and what he stood for outside the ring.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Vadrigar.
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Vadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,027,186,728.07
Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee - Stone Roses! Always good to see you post akhi. - RubenSonny for old times - Spray_resistant thank me later - ted*. keep it going :D - lebrick 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
lol no not getting brainwashed by Bert Sugar. Bert has Dempsey #9. How so? I don't know. Disagree with that very much.

However, SRR, Armstrong, Greb, Pep, B. Leonard, Langford, and Ross all have a case to be ranked ahead of Ali. You can ranked them anyway you want. I won't argue with you if you have Ali at #3. Because, it is all really opinionated. But, those 6 fighters do have a case. And, to be honest I might rank Ali ahead of Langford and Ross because I might be a little biased. Since I am a huge fan of Ali and love him as a fighter and what he stood for outside the ring.
I've edited my previous post

Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-14-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:45 AM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 87 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 94,293,325,751,308.05
Total Points: 96,296,491,236,329.52
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedatpkid View Post
I tend to think their is one.

All Time Greats I think of as Sugar Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, ect. As guys that have accomplished so much at the elite level that they are in a class of their own.

Hall of famers I tend to believe are guys like Gatti & Corrales. Guys that will be remembered in history but didn't really accomplish at a ATG level but still should be remembered. or guys that barely missed ATG achievement level. I'm not saying these are my opinions but the people most I hear mentioned in this category(De La Hoya, Barrera, ect.)

Obviously, an ATG definitely will be a hall of famer too. I'm just posting this because sometimes I hear people say guys like Diego Corrales & Arturo Gatti aren't Hall of fame fighters because they weren't elite fighters. But dammit I think their amazing fights get them in their. That;s just how I think of things and how I put people.

Thoughts?
How many other HOF'ers you beat. When and how.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Picazo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Picazo is a jewel in the roughPicazo is a jewel in the roughPicazo is a jewel in the roughPicazo is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 3,516,291.89
Total Points: 4,624,568.11

an ATG is a HOF shoe-in...a HOF is not a ATG shoe-in.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:15 AM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 253,418,657,407.95
Total Points: 455,418,877,348.26
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedatpkid View Post
I tend to think their is one.

All Time Greats I think of as Sugar Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, ect. As guys that have accomplished so much at the elite level that they are in a class of their own.

Hall of famers I tend to believe are guys like Gatti & Corrales. Guys that will be remembered in history but didn't really accomplish at a ATG level but still should be remembered. or guys that barely missed ATG achievement level. I'm not saying these are my opinions but the people most I hear mentioned in this category(De La Hoya, Barrera, ect.)

Obviously, an ATG definitely will be a hall of famer too. I'm just posting this because sometimes I hear people say guys like Diego Corrales & Arturo Gatti aren't Hall of fame fighters because they weren't elite fighters. But dammit I think their amazing fights get them in their. That;s just how I think of things and how I put people.

Thoughts?
Totally agree, except I think Barrera is soundly in the ATG category.