Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-06-2010, 10:35 AM
J.Dempsey
Boards...don't hit back!

Rep Power: 8 J.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,487,110,664,092.33
Total Points: 8,487,110,674,097.80
Default so what y'all think of Cotto's footwork and balance?

because for the pac fight he looked a bit off in terms of footwork and comfortable balance...Yuri is quite a lateral fighter and cotto's footwork was excellent his balance was great for him too to really get in range and throw combo's...I was impressed, what you lot think?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Portman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Portman has a reputation beyond reputePortman has a reputation beyond reputePortman has a reputation beyond reputePortman has a reputation beyond reputePortman has a reputation beyond reputePortman has a reputation beyond reputePortman has a reputation beyond reputePortman has a reputation beyond reputePortman has a reputation beyond reputePortman has a reputation beyond reputePortman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 85,587,372.10
Total Points: 85,644,900.06
Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Dempsey View Post
because for the pac fight he looked a bit off in terms of footwork and comfortable balance...Yuri is quite a lateral fighter and cotto's footwork was excellent his balance was great for him too to really get in range and throw combo's...I was impressed, what you lot think?
Once I can get a proper download of the fight I'll let you know...
Old 06-06-2010, 10:39 AM
jri9d0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 jri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,215,505.17
Be Joyful - Gift Giver good poster - -pound4pound- this pinoy doesn't believe in 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- ran out of green - jazluvr for your collection - sugarsmosley 

I agree with you, I didn't expect Cotto to match Yuri with foot worked he even outworked Foreman in that regard.

I was really impressed with Cotto..
Old 06-06-2010, 10:42 AM
HandSpeed303
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 HandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,017,780,374,702.65
Total Points: 22,017,780,395,314.98
So you can watch Ducktales - danny711 For you bud. - Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Big Smoke World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Big Smoke Autism - Lorily 

Quote:
I honestly thought that the Stewart pupil would fail...I ended up leaving the crib very impressed with Cotto.

The double jab was a thing of beauty, and his footwork was great.

He overall looked like a smoother fighter, and less robotic.

On the Flip Side:
He is still a sucker for a right hand...His overall defense still looks a bit spotty.

Good win! I would like to see him against an elite fighter at 154.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:43 AM
borikua
El Killer

Rep Power: 7447 borikua has a reputation beyond reputeborikua has a reputation beyond reputeborikua has a reputation beyond reputeborikua has a reputation beyond reputeborikua has a reputation beyond reputeborikua has a reputation beyond reputeborikua has a reputation beyond reputeborikua has a reputation beyond reputeborikua has a reputation beyond reputeborikua has a reputation beyond reputeborikua has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 186,811,328,567.35
Total Points: 187,117,160,517.63
Boxingscene's elite - !! AI-Holmes!! Good Poster/member! - jazluvr Miguel!!!! - Sir TomJones Your avi :love: - Bossy Still love that avi :love: - Bossy 
Nice Avi! una cervesa en nombre de Roberto Clemente G.O.A.T. - jose830 what up bori! long time. hope everything good with you. - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
I honestly thought that the Stewart pupil would fail...I ended up leaving the crib very impressed with Cotto.

The double jab was a thing of beauty, and his footwork was great.

He overall looked like a smoother fighter, and less robotic.

On the Flip Side:
He is still a sucker for a right hand...His overall defense still looks a bit spotty.

Good win! I would like to see him against an elite fighter at 154.
Agreed.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:43 AM
CarlosG815
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 CarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,208,198,839,967.19
Total Points: 2,208,696,897,128.51
Have a beer. - Barnburner Have some. - Hara No Message - JAB5239 

Quote:
Superb job by Cotto as far as footwork, being well balanced when throwing his jabs and hooks, and an excellent job in cutting off the ring.

The Pacquiao fight was different because Manny was the aggressor in that fight and was the one cutting Miguel off. Manny also throws many more punches, is much faster than Yuri, and throws with much more power than Yuri.

Cotto looked good against Foreman, but another fight with Pacquiao would play out similar to the first. We'd see an off balance Miguel fighting while stepping back and on the ropes.

Manny is too good for Miguel and beats this version of Miguel just as easy as the first fight.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Doorag
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 Doorag has a reputation beyond reputeDoorag has a reputation beyond reputeDoorag has a reputation beyond reputeDoorag has a reputation beyond reputeDoorag has a reputation beyond reputeDoorag has a reputation beyond reputeDoorag has a reputation beyond reputeDoorag has a reputation beyond reputeDoorag has a reputation beyond reputeDoorag has a reputation beyond reputeDoorag has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,304,628,721.92
Total Points: 1,334,205,309.37

It looked good against Foreman but he was also pretty much in his comfort zone the whole fight. When somebody puts the pressure on him, eg Pac, it wont be as easy.