Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-26-2010, 01:10 PM
freeloada
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 freeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,108,096,049,115.47
Total Points: 3,108,096,106,729.20
it wouldn't be very 'pinoy' on my part to just buy 1...here's another - Makavelli more beer for the homey - Makavelli Cheers - mangler balut from the PI! lol - JM1 heres your favorite bigmac lol - JM1 
For my bro' - jazluvr449 another one cuz you're the best! - jazluvr449 These look nice lined up...lol. - jazluvr449 gracias bud - Makavelli There we are! Thanks for all you do! - jazluvr449 
medal of honor for you - jazluvr No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada 
No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jazluvr449 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Send a message via AIM to freeloada
Default Yuri Foreman looks to use more aggressive attack in Yankee Stadium bout with Cotto

In his amateur days, boxer Yuri Foreman would use superior stamina and cunning to stump his opponents.

Not much has changed since Foreman turned pro in 2002. He still uses guile and excellent fitness to win decisions.

But on June 5 when Foreman, an aspiring rabbi, faces Miguel Cotto at Yankee Stadium for Foreman's WBA junior middleweight title, Foreman may abandon his safety-first style in favor of a more aggressive attack.

"Yuri can get you out of there, so don't sleep on him," said Foreman's trainer, Joe Grier, at a media training day at Gleason's on Tuesday. "This kid has the leverage, he has the speed and he's accurate enough to hurt you."

Grier wasn't predicting a knockout. Foreman (28-0), from Brooklyn, has just eight knockouts and none since 2006 and has been dubbed "Yuri Boreman" by his critics. But Grier did admit that Foreman, 29, is "taking more chances" as he has fought better competition.

Foreman nearly knocked out Daniel Santos in his last fight, winning a decision and the WBA title while scoring a pair of knockdowns.

Grier expects Cotto (34-2, 27 knockouts) to show little respect for Foreman's punching power and to start fast in the hopes of ending the fight early.

"And that's normally how these guys get themselves in trouble," Grier said. "They spend so much energy trying to take him out due to their lack of respect of him, until they end up getting caught in the University of Yuri Foreman," a reference to suggest that Foreman schools his opponents in the second half of fights.

The trainer admitted to having to suspend Foreman's training "three or four" times over the past seven weeks to protect Foreman from over-training and peaking too soon. Grier described this as a routine practice whenever Foreman prepares for a fight.

"My trainer is monitoring me," Foreman said on Tuesday. "He says, 'Today you rest.' Perhaps I'm a little (eager because) you know it's a big fight."

link
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,385,199.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeloada View Post

In his amateur days, boxer Yuri Foreman would use superior stamina and cunning to stump his opponents.

Not much has changed since Foreman turned pro in 2002. He still uses guile and excellent fitness to win decisions.

But on June 5 when Foreman, an aspiring rabbi, faces Miguel Cotto at Yankee Stadium for Foreman's WBA junior middleweight title, Foreman may abandon his safety-first style in favor of a more aggressive attack.

"Yuri can get you out of there, so don't sleep on him," said Foreman's trainer, Joe Grier, at a media training day at Gleason's on Tuesday. "This kid has the leverage, he has the speed and he's accurate enough to hurt you."

Grier wasn't predicting a knockout. Foreman (28-0), from Brooklyn, has just eight knockouts and none since 2006 and has been dubbed "Yuri Boreman" by his critics. But Grier did admit that Foreman, 29, is "taking more chances" as he has fought better competition.

Foreman nearly knocked out Daniel Santos in his last fight, winning a decision and the WBA title while scoring a pair of knockdowns.

Grier expects Cotto (34-2, 27 knockouts) to show little respect for Foreman's punching power and to start fast in the hopes of ending the fight early.

"And that's normally how these guys get themselves in trouble," Grier said. "They spend so much energy trying to take him out due to their lack of respect of him, until they end up getting caught in the University of Yuri Foreman," a reference to suggest that Foreman schools his opponents in the second half of fights.

The trainer admitted to having to suspend Foreman's training "three or four" times over the past seven weeks to protect Foreman from over-training and peaking too soon. Grier described this as a routine practice whenever Foreman prepares for a fight.

"My trainer is monitoring me," Foreman said on Tuesday. "He says, 'Today you rest.' Perhaps I'm a little (eager because) you know it's a big fight."

link
I doubt he'll be more aggressive
Old 05-26-2010, 01:19 PM
onechance87
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 onechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 216,021,066,021.41
Total Points: 328,230,137,884.39
up your as* puto - Ogecca MaMa you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Good,Theres gonna be 30,000 fans that wanna see a great fight.