Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Evil Abed
The Darkest Timeline...

Rep Power: 80 Evil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,611,350,904,121.81
Total Points: 43,631,168,450,606.17
Jimmy Malone sends his regards! - LeeVanCleef have a beer - -MAKAVELLI- Some fruit for a stalwart of this magnificent craft. - Robin Hood One ring to rule em all... - -KULT- even phantom need to eat.. - -KULT- 
some more food.. - -KULT- Happy beerday bro - Talisayen Feliz Cumpleanos - MANIAC310 happy birthday homie - hhs661 happy bday bro - chiguy91 
Thanks. I can't sent you green. - Carpe Diem merry x-mas! - chiguy91 you're the reason i dont need to check twitter lol - -MAKAVELLI- One of NSBs best - BostonGuy 20k - MELLY-MEL... 
Beer on the house on your 20k post... - jose830 i enjoy your posts mate, grats on 20k - Alx. To 20k more - Sweet Pea 50 Here's one on me. Congrats! - Led® your posts are always hilarious and entertaining - Alx. 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ThePhantom5 Childhood Cancer - ThePhantom5 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -KULT- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -KULT- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
Default "The welterweight division now has three stars,"Dan Goosen interview.

By G. Leon

GL: What can we expect to see from Paul on Saturday night? "Exactly what we see from him every fight, ACTION." GL: What are you hoping a victory over Cintron leads to? "The name of the event is the "Weight is Over" for a reason. Paul's a natural 147 pounder fighting above his weight because when he was welterweight champion no one wanted to fight him. Now Cotto, Margarito (who Paul sued to fight and then beat him), Judah, Mosley, Clottey are all being recycled again. The welterweight division now has three stars, Manny, Floyd and with a victory Saturday night, Paul. The biggest fight that can be made is of course Manny against Floyd. Paul can wait for the winner of that fight. But if for some reason that fight doesn't get made, that will leave two super stars without an opponent and that's where Paul steps in. The days of Manny challenging a Clottey (insert the other recycles) instead of a Williams can only bring our sport down, when everything is there to bring it up. If Paul would have been fighting Floyd Mayweather last Saturday, I truly believe the numbers would have been higher, PPV and gate. Paul's reputation and status has grown to a much higher level in the past 12 months, and will only continue to rise until the fans demand these fighters step into the ring with him."

GL: Do you think we'll ever see Paul at welterweight again? I only ask because I'm sure there's a few guys down there he'd love to fight.

DG: Our goal for this fight Saturday was to have it a welterweight bout. HBO preferred the Cintron fight. So here we are. But with a victory Paul, George, Al and myself are looking at 147 pounds in our next fight.

GL: Can you give us some thoughts on Arreola's recent loss to Adamek?

DG: These are the type of fights that you want to do over as soon as possible. Believe me it was a real off night for Chris. You could see he wasn't as fluid as usual.

GL: HBO is in love with him so even though his conditioning doesn't dictate it, he's probably going to get another shot. Do you think he's ever going to get it together conditioning wise because if he trained as often as he curses he'd be a beast?

DG: Not only HBO, but the fans love him. It was an exciting fight regardless ofthe outcome. The division need fighters like Arreola. In regard to his conditioning, experience teaches young fighters like Chris to come to conclusions on why certain things happen, winning or losing. There is no one that hates losing more them him and if conditioning is preventing him from being the winner, I believe he'll be smart enough to make the needed adjustments.

GL: What's the haps with Eddie Chambers, Tony Thompson and James Toney your other heavies?

DG: The heavyweight broadcast picture in America is down. Each of them in their own right deserve another opportunity to challenge for the heavyweight championship and that is what we will try to get for them.

GL: As always a pleasure, closing thoughts.

DG: We're looking for Paul to turn the welterweight, super welterweight and middleweight divisions on their heads Saturday with another impressive, manly, exciting performance. Then its onto getting ready for another big one with Andre Ward on June 19 in Oakland whose star is rising faster with each and every fight. Great to see you back and kicking all the doors down Greg.

From boxing talk
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Evil Abed
The Darkest Timeline...

Rep Power: 80 Evil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,611,350,904,121.81
Total Points: 43,631,168,450,606.17
Jimmy Malone sends his regards! - LeeVanCleef have a beer - -MAKAVELLI- Some fruit for a stalwart of this magnificent craft. - Robin Hood One ring to rule em all... - -KULT- even phantom need to eat.. - -KULT- 
some more food.. - -KULT- Happy beerday bro - Talisayen Feliz Cumpleanos - MANIAC310 happy birthday homie - hhs661 happy bday bro - chiguy91 
Thanks. I can't sent you green. - Carpe Diem merry x-mas! - chiguy91 you're the reason i dont need to check twitter lol - -MAKAVELLI- One of NSBs best - BostonGuy 20k - MELLY-MEL... 
Beer on the house on your 20k post... - jose830 i enjoy your posts mate, grats on 20k - Alx. To 20k more - Sweet Pea 50 Here's one on me. Congrats! - Led® your posts are always hilarious and entertaining - Alx. 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ThePhantom5 Childhood Cancer - ThePhantom5 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -KULT- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -KULT- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 

If Paul would have been fighting Floyd Mayweather last Saturday, I truly believe the numbers would have been higher, PPV and gate

I don't think so.

The fight may have been more competitive though.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Kball15
HATTON WRIGHT PAVLIK

Rep Power: 1489 Kball15 has a reputation beyond reputeKball15 has a reputation beyond reputeKball15 has a reputation beyond reputeKball15 has a reputation beyond reputeKball15 has a reputation beyond reputeKball15 has a reputation beyond reputeKball15 has a reputation beyond reputeKball15 has a reputation beyond reputeKball15 has a reputation beyond reputeKball15 has a reputation beyond reputeKball15 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 765,298,062.04
Total Points: 767,059,543.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephantom5 View Post
If Paul would have been fighting Floyd Mayweather last Saturday, I truly believe the numbers would have been higher, PPV and gate

I don't think so.

The fight may have been more competitive though.
I could see Paul Williams Size, Reach, and speed giving Mayweather fits.

He took blow away Corrales, but Corrales was slow. Id def get pumped for a Mayweather-Williams fight
Old 05-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Killa Killa
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Killa Killa is infamous around these partsKilla Killa is infamous around these partsKilla Killa is infamous around these partsKilla Killa is infamous around these partsKilla Killa is infamous around these partsKilla Killa is infamous around these partsKilla Killa is infamous around these partsKilla Killa is infamous around these partsKilla Killa is infamous around these partsKilla Killa is infamous around these partsKilla Killa is infamous around these parts
Bank: 60,296.64
Total Points: 159,075.41

Yea, I don't think the numbers would have been higher...

Many casual fans didn't know much about Mosley, so I know they wouldn't have known who Paul Williams is...
Old 05-06-2010, 03:30 PM
infamous larryx
Banned

Rep Power: 0 infamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 110,505,084.13
Total Points: 110,938,168.72
Keep your head up! Better days are coming. - California Love happy bithday homie - Tha_Greatest money money money....MONEY! - Gorilla Dogs have a beer - -pound4pound- Have a bigmac - Grand Champ 
Badass Mayweather Fan - Stones! Great Cotto vid you posted! - jazluvr get wasted tonight - led 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 

paul is not a superstar..hasno fanbase and shouldnt be mentioned with floyd,manny..he's good,but their elite
Old 05-06-2010, 03:32 PM
DoubleMM
hoodrat idiot gold tooth

Rep Power: 9 DoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,738,671,373,171.85
Total Points: 1,871,671,625,467.90
Gay and Lesbian Pride - £Hank$Moody€ 

Dan Goosen has hated on Mayweather for awhile now and predicted Mosley to win.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:34 PM
pistol whip
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 pistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond reputepistol whip has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 342,628.88
pa que me lo mames con estilo - mellow_mood great post - E.P.T. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - mellow_mood Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

A natural 147 pounder? Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Yeah because the ww division is full of 6ft 2in welters.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Junito-Rulez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Junito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,181,257.62
Total Points: 1,373,355.65
good poster - shobox good poster with a good attitude. - DiLLiNGER merry christmas!!! - shobox Merry Xmas - mangler An apple a day keeps zionist scum away. - Stone Roses! 
Scarface - Stones! 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - USA_Pugilist Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tom Jones