Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Hip Hop Forum
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Freelancer
I'm all out of bubblegum

Rep Power: 6 Freelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,251,447,490.82
Total Points: 14,251,518,757.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelfist View Post
I haven't heard much from Aesop. The stuff that I heard, I couldn't make much sense of it. But, I'm still going to offer up some mcs that have pretty complex, abstract lyrics.

There's this dude Frank Wit. He's unsigned, but he's lyrically as good as any rapper I've heard. I've been following him for a few years. He's in the top 3 best lyricist I've heard.

Check out these tracks(click the hi fi if you have a fast computer, lo fi if you still have one of the old dinasours):

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=4132825

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6846526

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=1871816 (He's on the second verse)

Also, if you've been listening to Aesop for a while, you've probably heard of Illogic. Illogic has some pretty deep, spiritual lyrics.

Nice to start my day to some new good tunes. Never heard of Frank Witt but from what I got to listen now he seems good. As for Illogic ye he's also one of the good ones out there as is Blueprint.

This is one of the more conventional tracks Aesop pulled off with Blueprint, I love it.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:27 AM
Freelancer
I'm all out of bubblegum

Rep Power: 6 Freelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Heron Demarco:

Slug(Atmosphere):

Last Emperor:

Tell me what you think.
Hehe, never heard of Heron either but I like his flow, seems a bit viscious indeed.

I only know Slug from some off the dome stuff he did here and there and the track you posted sounds nothing like what I thought he could be pulling off, that's a nice surprise. For a while I was into Eyedea, but with that guy I always get the feeling he's trying too hard.

That's a great track from the Last Em*purrrr*or, I still smile when I get to that verse
Old 04-01-2010, 05:40 AM
Equilibrium
Knuckles Up

Rep Power: 19 Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 422,708,512,842.61
Total Points: 422,708,513,167.46
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Heron is sick and he's hard on the track i posted but he's very versatile and always sounds different.His stuff is hard to find online, had to order the album online and it took 2 months before i got it. I know he's working on a new cd but Mutiny is impossible to get.

For that reason if you guys want it just send me a pm, ill upload it.

As for slug, check out his newest album, if you liked that track.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:12 AM
the traveler
gone skygazing

Rep Power: 13 the traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 67,293.42
Total Points: 5,269,186.70
Keep on the grind!, man...You get a Super E-gift! - abosworth 

Thanks for posting the song Alchemy. I'll admit, I haven't tried much with Aesop. Like Crack your jaw with Frank, there's something about Aesop's style that doesn't appeal much to me. To me, it's way too abstract and not concrete enough. I like abstract, sure, but his stuff is abstract like french, artsy-fartsy artists. I'll give it more of a chance.

Frank Wit to me has the potential to be one of the greatest lyricist ever. For someone to have this in their arsinal: "The clever are awarded with thoughts that are morbid, it's no wonder I've been left torpid and torrid with unsorted thoughts exported into the orbit" you know they have some serious talent. I actually have him in my top 3 all time lyricist. But it seems like he doesn't have enough drive to fill his potential. He rarely releases any songs anymore.

I'll be on the lookout for some more of Heron's music.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:19 AM
the traveler
gone skygazing

Rep Power: 13 the traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 67,293.42
Total Points: 5,269,186.70
Keep on the grind!, man...You get a Super E-gift! - abosworth 

And, I'm kind of surprised that you haven't heard more from Slug. He's also in my top 3 greatest lyricist I've heard. It's 1. Illogic 2. Slug 3. Frank Wit, for me.

Slug has a way of using metaphors and putting phrases together to offer better descriptions. "Cause a junkie won't bounce till he hits the ground"

He can be abstract also. But mostly, he offers poingnant, bare-boned lyrics with a lot of truths.

This is a good song highlighting some of his qualities:

Last edited by Steelfist; 04-01-2010 at 06:24 AM..
Old 04-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Freelancer
I'm all out of bubblegum

Quote:
Thanks for posting the song Alchemy. I'll admit, I haven't tried much with Aesop. Like Crack your jaw with Frank, there's something about Aesop's style that doesn't appeal much to me. To me, it's way too abstract and not concrete enough. I like abstract, sure, but his stuff is abstract like french, artsy-fartsy artists. I'll give it more of a chance.

Frank Wit to me has the potential to be one of the greatest lyricist ever. For someone to have this in their arsinal: "The clever are awarded with thoughts that are morbid, it's no wonder I've been left torpid and torrid with unsorted thoughts exported into the orbit" you know they have some serious talent. I actually have him in my top 3 all time lyricist. But it seems like he doesn't have enough drive to fill his potential. He rarely releases any songs anymore.

I'll be on the lookout for some more of Heron's music.
Well dude finished some art college methinks so that would explain it, think his major was painting or something. That was me at first, it seemed a bit too abstract and well, bunch of gibberish, but I gave it a bit of time and listened to his tracks with lyrics in front of me and it was worth it.

On the 2007 None shall pass, he goes a bit easier on the crypted and starts to make sense faster.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:52 AM
Freelancer
I'm all out of bubblegum

Quote:
And, I'm kind of surprised that you haven't heard more from Slug. He's also in my top 3 greatest lyricist I've heard. It's 1. Illogic 2. Slug 3. Frank Wit, for me.

Slug has a way of using metaphors and putting phrases together to offer better descriptions. "Cause a junkie won't bounce till he hits the ground"

He can be abstract also. But mostly, he offers poingnant, bare-boned lyrics with a lot of truths.
Guess I never really gave Slug a chance. Most of the time if something doesn't click when I hear someone I just drop it. Probably caught Slug on a bad day in that freestyle but Imma go back and start listening to some of his stuff.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:33 PM
IchiBonDj
SonicHydroponicCheeaPet

Rep Power: 10 IchiBonDj has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBonDj has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBonDj has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBonDj has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBonDj has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBonDj has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBonDj has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBonDj has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBonDj has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBonDj has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBonDj has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,377,321,774.89
Total Points: 41,377,362,623.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackYourJaw View Post
I'd say Cannibal Ox is from a similar "school" of hip-hop, but they're one of my favorite rap duos/groups ever.

If you like them than you must know The Super Chron Flight Brothers, they all part of the Backwoodz Family. IMO they the best group out now.