Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-15-2010, 10:05 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,191,103.23
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
Thanks Cliff. That clears up my question in regards to tracing lineage. Now I have another question in gardsto a point that you made earlier of the Johnson vs. Jeffries bout, and Johnson obtaining the lineal rights by beating Jim.

Tommy Burns won that belt off of win over Marvin Hart. Marvin Hart fought for the vacant title left by Jeffries. Being that Jeffries was not going to un-retire until he was begged to do so by the nation(US). It is safe to say that Jeffries would not have come out of retirement if Jack did not beat Tommy in Australia, right?

I thought that by design(being that there was only one belt) Marvin was not the Lineal champ because he fought for a vacant belt. But Tommy on the other hand was the lineal champ because he beat Marvin for the strap, which in turn would make Jack the lineal champ since he beat Tommy. From how you have explained how lineage transfers hands. If Jack would not have beat Tommy then HW lineage would have been lost, what would have been done in that case?
Right. Burns was the recognized champion. Johnson had to beat him (though Burns was lightly regarded).
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<