Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-20-2010, 06:32 PM
AnimalisticMeth
Casper the friendly Cotto

Rep Power: 16 AnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,944,953.44
It's really a hi-def 46" lcd!  Watch the fights! - jazluvr449 Cotto fought real hard and that's what matters. - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Default Cotto Appears Ready To Return To The Ring

Quote:
NEW YORK—Former welterweight champion Miguel Cotto is expected back in the ring in June, likely challenging junior middleweight titleholder Yuri Foreman at Madison Square Garden.
Cotto plans to watch countryman Juan Manuel Lopez fight Steven Luevano for a featherweight title on Saturday night in the theater at MSG. That fight is part of a double-header that sees Yuriorkis Gamboa and Rogers Mtagwa fighting for another featherweight belt.

"Cotto is coming in for the fight, and we'll start discussing it," Top Rank president Todd duBoef said Wednesday. "They're the ones who called us and said, 'We want to fight Yuri Foreman,' so we'll see what we can do."

DuBoef said he has Madison Square Garden on hold for June 12, the day before the annual Puerto Rican Day Parade. Cotto has regularly headlined that Saturday night, when a substantial segment of the city's roughly 800,000 residents with Puerto Rican roots come out in support.

The significance of the date wasn't lost on Foreman, either.

"Friends say, 'Yuri, you're fighting in New York, Madison Square Garden, everybody is going to be rooting for you!' I say, 'Um, well, it's the day before the Puerto Rican Day Parade,'" he said with a broad grin.

"It's the opportunity of a lifetime," said Foreman, a New York-based native of Belarus who also is studying to become a rabbi. "You have to understand, where I come from, the Soviet Union, then Israel, to fight in Madison Square Garden is huge."

Foreman won his title with a comprehensive victory over Daniel Santos on the undercard of Cotto's brutal fight against Manny Pacquiao in November.

Foreman was considered a possible opponent for Pacquiao before the pound-for-pound king decided the height difference was too much. Pacquiao instead decided to fight Joshua Clottey on March 13 at the new Cowboys Stadium in Dallas.

"He's a great champion, pound-for-pound one of the best fighters out there," Foreman said of Cotto, who would be moving up to 154 pounds. "I'm very hopeful it gets made, but I don't know where I'm standing. Hopefully we're very close to closing the door."

Cotto has had perhaps the most difficult year of his professional life, splitting with his uncle and longtime trainer Evangelista Cotto before losing that bloody fight to Pacquiao.

Outside the ring, the Puerto Rican star lost his father, Miguel Sr., to an apparent heart attack earlier this month. He also had a breach of contract lawsuit filed against him by his uncle and a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against him by an administrator of a residential property he owns in the U.S. territory.

DuBoef said he doesn't believe the distractions will prevent Cotto from fighting.

"I think he's going to come in here (Saturday) not really that concerned, because June is a while from now," duBoef said.
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Smokin'J
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Smokin'J has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin'J has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin'J has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin'J has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin'J has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin'J has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin'J has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin'J has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin'J has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin'J has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin'J has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,634,953,321.30
Total Points: 2,634,987,471.22
For &amp;quot;The Fight - A Dirty Business&amp;quot;, drink up man :) - GreatJoe the heart of a champion! remember, wax on, wax off. - Miyagi to my main account - Mr._Pink Hala Madrid - dj Pepe 

Cotto got Foreman before Pacman.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:47 PM
jri9d0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 jri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,219,752.69
Be Joyful - Gift Giver good poster - -pound4pound- this pinoy doesn't believe in 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- ran out of green - jazluvr for your collection - sugarsmosley 

I***8217;m glad to see him come back however as I said in another thread he needs to ditch Santiago, Cotto needs a trainer not a cheerleader.

Peace.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:06 PM
BostonGuy
Emeritus Champion

Rep Power: 200000 BostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 118,862,484,792,972,903,710,720.00
thanks BG, meng I'm really hoping Cotto pulls out some 'old school Cotto' body shots in the early rounds, hopefully maravilla's knees are not back 100% lol - -jose- Thanks - Weltz thank you for always helping a brother out - ~BoZz~ Finest Boxingscene Moderator - Weltschmerz Thanks for the green :love: - Beercules 
this one is on me - RINGG A fair mod! - Pigeons thanks BG :fing02: appreciate it! - -jose- here homie, have a burger, i shitted on it just the way you like it, lol, take care you crazy azzhole, lol, i couldnt green k your azz fool, lol, nyahahaha, fukkin rascist website - Tha_Greatest Posting - Scott-Weiland 
:beerchug: - -jose- one black cup of jose...I mean joe lol cheers! - -jose- Beterbiev - wladavit lmaooo!!! - -jose- what up BG, took my son to his first football game Sunday at MetLife he hada blast, just wanted to share with my homie BG - -jose- 
Hopefully with a bit of luck,that back pain eases. - HughJass Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass Happy Thanksgiving jefe! - -jose- appreciate the vote 'jefe' - -jose- :beerchug: you da man - Beercules 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Risty World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Cotto needs to step down the level of competition for a couple fights. He's competed at such a high level the past several years he needs some confidence building fights. I'd hate for him to end up like Jermaine Taylor...
________
IOLITE VAPORIZER REVIEW

Last edited by BostonGuy; 03-09-2011 at 04:29 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Wupadupa
DECEPTICON LEADER

Rep Power: 7 Wupadupa has a reputation beyond reputeWupadupa has a reputation beyond reputeWupadupa has a reputation beyond reputeWupadupa has a reputation beyond reputeWupadupa has a reputation beyond reputeWupadupa has a reputation beyond reputeWupadupa has a reputation beyond reputeWupadupa has a reputation beyond reputeWupadupa has a reputation beyond reputeWupadupa has a reputation beyond reputeWupadupa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,947.35
Total Points: 202,354.80
Be Joyful - Gift Giver 

Cotto is gonna TAX forman's ass.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Del Coqui
SAN JUAN

Rep Power: 23 Del Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 484,043,129.88
Total Points: 486,236,308.07
BORICUA!!!! - williamhvx1 a bet is a bet, gracias! - Perro have some San Miguel to our new superstar JML! - Papa Ace u da man!! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 
WaR Cotto! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGuy View Post
Cotto needs to step down the level of competition for a couple fights. He's competed at such a high level the past several years he needs some confidence building fights. I'd hate for him to end up like Jermaine Taylor...
Cotto got two fights left to retire.