Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-03-2010, 09:08 PM
mike0925
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 59,764.76
Default Mayweather pacquiao problem may be solved

According to Michael Marley of Examiner.com, the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao bout is breathing new life. Marley reports that Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum said that he’s willing to meet with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer next week, as well as the attorneys for Pacquiao and Golden Boy, and see if he can work something out. As things stand now, Pacquiao is going to be starting training next week with trainer Freddie Roach at the Wild Card Gym, in Los Angeles.

Marley states that Arum doesn’t seem as excited about a potential bout between World Boxing Association light middleweight champion Yuri Foreman and Pacquiao compared to before. That’s not surprising, because few boxing fans seem all that interested in paying to see Pacquiao fight the little known Foreman.

Marley says that Arum is open to meeting with judge Weinstein, the same judge who assisted in mediation with Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions in the past. “Something could be bubbling,” Arum says, hinting that there would be some movement between the hard-line stances between the parties of the two fighters Pacquiao and Mayweather.
As of now, the sticking point is over the random blood tests for drugs that Mayweather wants for the fight to take place. Arum says, “Our first priority, before any fight with anybody, is to clear Manny’s name. Would that be through an apology? I don’t want to get into that.”
This is very interesting. Would Mayweather be willing to make a public apology to Pacquiao about the drug using allegations? I don’t know if I can see Mayweather doing that, but then again he stands to make a lot of money if he did apologize. If it meant getting the fight back on track, and having Pacquiao’s lawsuit for defamation dropped, Mayweather would stand to gain a heck of a lot by doing a bit of groveling.
Arum continues, “I will say that, if they [Golden Boy Promotions CEO Schaefer, Mayweather, and the attorneys from both sides] to meet in front of judge Weinstein on Monday, Tuesday or any day, then we are willing to listen. If some mediation occurs, and I don’t know if it will, then we would have to listen to that.” This sounds very promising. Arum also said that ‘Rumblings” about mediation were given to him by Daniel Petrocelli, the lawyer for Pacquiao.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-03-2010, 09:15 PM
SkillspayBills
Banned

Rep Power: 0 SkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,143,136,321,171,747.50
Total Points: 2,143,136,321,215,121.50
Was it as good for you, as it was for me? :flirt: LMAO! :D All done, I promise :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Felt like switching up the order :D lol - *Boss Lady* Still love me? :kiss: :flirt: - Bossy Heart bro(no homo) for the 20k. - led Happy 20k darling! :kiss: - Bossy 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... Need to cool down, your avatars make me hot - Uns somth to remember me by :) - nillamilkshake No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 
Happy Bday - Terrel Happy bday bro - MANGLER Happy Birthday babe, I'm lucky to know you :D :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday to a BS MVP. - The_Bringer Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Green K sent also, thanks bud :fing02: - jose830 Happy Birthday homie :beerchug: - jose830 HBD bro - led* Skills loves dills - junior gong everything good here thanks for asking I hope everything good with you also :fing02: - -jose- 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BritishBoxing92 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BritishBoxing92 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BritishBoxing92 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - BritishBoxing92 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BritishBoxing92 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - BritishBoxing92 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BritishBoxing92 Hepatitis C - BritishBoxing92 
Childhood Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - BritishBoxing92 Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - BritishBoxing92 Head and Neck Cancer - BritishBoxing92 
Autism - The Underboss Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 

This fight will get made. Seriously, this is something they can get over. This is something they BETTER ****ING get over.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:17 PM
boxaholic
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 boxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,053,680.54
Total Points: 64,345,894.27

Lets hope this gets done ASAP. Heres a couple options

1. A test done before the press tour, a test done 30 days before the fight, a test done 10 days before the fight and a test done right after the fight.

2. No Olympic testing and No Floyd 1lb $10 million demand.

3. No testing and Floyd gets 55% and Manny 45%. Not realistic but if Manny wants to have another advantage I bet Floyd would be willing to let manny on anything as long as he makes another 2million.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:43 PM
damned1974
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 damned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 311,695.03

these 2 jerk-offs better get the fight on,this is getting old.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
arraamis
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 30 arraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 166,667,231,393.80
Total Points: 169,937,528,085.71
Tasty - ??? No Message - arraamis No Message - arraamis No Message - arraamis No Message - arraamis 
No Message - arraamis Tasty... - ??? have one on me! - Alx. have a gift bro - chiguy91 Gift - eddie_monster 
Well done on 4k posts :D - *Boss Lady* Vday love :D - *Boss Lady* No Message - chiguy91 have a gift bro. - chiguy91 thx - Starof David 
please return the favor, bro. - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - FkDaHtrs great poster - sugarsmosley 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Kuyukut Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - arraamis Childhood Cancer - arraamis 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - ??? Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - chiguy91 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Starof David 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Starof David Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Starof David Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Starof David Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Starof David Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Jury 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 

Not to start a bizarre trolling session ......

But, did Floyd verbally state that Pacman was using roids??????
Or, did he just state that he wants Olympic testing.

In any case - Arum and everybody else involved see the Millions upon Millions of dollars going out the window and are coming to their senses.

I agree with 'SkillspayBills' ..... Get the fight on and squash all this noise.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:28 AM
damned1974
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 damned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond reputedamned1974 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 311,695.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by arraamis View Post
Not to start a bizarre trolling session ......

But, did Floyd verbally state that Pacman was using roids??????
Or, did he just state that he wants Olympic testing.

In any case - Arum and everybody else involved see the Millions upon Millions of dollars going out the window and are coming to their senses.

I agree with 'SkillspayBills' ..... Get the fight on and squash all this noise.
Nearly all comments made were subject to opinion.If Manny cannot show his reputation amongst the sports scene is damaged (most are still fans of Manny),or his future potential earnings from fights will be hurt (keep in mind,at this moment he has 3 fight options with bradley,malignaggi,and foreman),then he has no case-better just to compromise and fight Mayweather....
Old 01-04-2010, 03:31 AM
GoogleMe
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 GoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,095,455,069.11
Total Points: 6,095,462,041.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxaholic View Post
Lets hope this gets done ASAP. Heres a couple options

1. A test done before the press tour, a test done 30 days before the fight, a test done 10 days before the fight and a test done right after the fight.

2. No Olympic testing and No Floyd 1lb $10 million demand.

3. No testing and Floyd gets 55% and Manny 45%. Not realistic but if Manny wants to have another advantage I bet Floyd would be willing to let manny on anything as long as he makes another 2million.
I like your ideas actually, after reading them a few times. 55 % and 45 % is really something that could make the fight.. I know Pacquiao wants just as much, but if he is not willing to do a blood test, then.....
Old 01-04-2010, 03:31 AM
aether
Banned

Rep Power: 0 aether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 208,306.58
Total Points: 333,009.86
1000 - *~*MalVada*~* ahahahahah - pacman777 your favorite toy... - pacman777 wipe your butt dude... - pacman777 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - pacman777 Gay and Lesbian Pride - pacman777 Gay and Lesbian Pride - pacman777 

the problem can be solved when floyd stops acting like a *****.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:50 AM
InfoMinister
Banned

Rep Power: 0 InfoMinister has a reputation beyond reputeInfoMinister has a reputation beyond reputeInfoMinister has a reputation beyond reputeInfoMinister has a reputation beyond reputeInfoMinister has a reputation beyond reputeInfoMinister has a reputation beyond reputeInfoMinister has a reputation beyond reputeInfoMinister has a reputation beyond reputeInfoMinister has a reputation beyond reputeInfoMinister has a reputation beyond reputeInfoMinister has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,726.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aether View Post
the problem can be solved when floyd stops acting like a *****.
Or when he realizes that he has everything to gain in this fight