|Boxing Champions | Boxing Schedule | Boxing Video | Boxing History | Pound For Pound | Lounge | The Wire | Audio | Arcade|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Rep Power: 0
Total Points: 200,002,451,073.59
Fight vs. Overeem Nixed, Andrei Arlovski Looking to Return First Quarter 2010
Andrei Arlovski is now looking to fight next sometime in the first quarter of 2010 after an offer to fight Alistair Overeem at Dynamite!! 2009 on New Year's Eve was pulled for a reason unknown to Arlovski's camp.
Arlovski was under the impression that he would be the opponent for the Strikeforce heavyweight champion in Japan, but DREAM announced Tuesday that Overeem will be fighting Kazuyuki Fujita.
"To our surprise, as probably many of you saw, Alistair Overeem is going to be fighting Fujita during that event," Arlovski's manager Leo Khorlinsky said Wednesday in a video chat on Arlovski's official website. "I actually just off the phone with the Japanese person who were handling so far the communication and paperwork with me, and he basically did not have a logical explanation or any comment in regards to it."
Khorlinsky said they had already informed friends and family members that they would not be able to spend Christmas and New Year's with them because Arlovski would be traveling to Japan for the Overeem fight.
"That's the fight that we accepted," Khorlinsky said. "That's the fight that we were officially offered by DREAM. And actually several days earlier we received the paper work from Japan to go and obtain a Japanese VISA."
Instead of fighting, Arlovski will return home to celebrate the holidays and plans after to continue his training until a new opportunity comes to fruition.
Khorlinsky said he is in the process of negotiations with several promotions for Arlovski to fight first quarter 2010.
that would've been a fight that'd be fun for as long as it'd last (cause someone would get ktfo)
|2010, andrei, arlovski, fight, nixed, overeem, quarter, return|