Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Sumakwel
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sumakwel has a reputation beyond reputeSumakwel has a reputation beyond reputeSumakwel has a reputation beyond reputeSumakwel has a reputation beyond reputeSumakwel has a reputation beyond reputeSumakwel has a reputation beyond reputeSumakwel has a reputation beyond reputeSumakwel has a reputation beyond reputeSumakwel has a reputation beyond reputeSumakwel has a reputation beyond reputeSumakwel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 56,440.66
Total Points: 134,540.14
Default Mark Cuban Calls Mayweather; Offers Help To Get Fight in Dallas

MARK CUBAN CALLS MAYWEATHER; OFFERS HELP TO GET FIGHT IN DALLAS
By Ben Thompson | December 13, 2009

According to Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com, Dallas Mavericks owner and billionaire Mark Cuban is extremely excited about the possibility of Cowboys Stadium hosting Mayweather vs. Pacquiao; so much so that he's offered to lend a helping hand to make sure that possibility becomes a reality. "I'm willing to help in any way that I can," he recently stated in an e-mail. "I think it would be great for North Texas and Cowboys Stadium to host the fight."

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has reportedly already offered a guarantee of $25 million to host the showdown on March 13th. Exactly how Cuban plans on helping out is uncertain, however, he does have a friendly relationship with Mayweather, having competed with him on the 5th season of Dancing with the Stars. "I have a call in to Floyd and have offered my assistance. We will see what happens," Cuban added in the email.

For now, Dallas can cheer about the fact that another billionaire has joined the battle to bring the mega-fight to the city. However, MGM Grand will still have an opportunity to match or exceed any proposals that are made. "My position is whoever has the best deal for those two fighters, that's where I want the deal," Arum would also tell ESPNDallas.com. That being said, MGM Grand has yet to even present an offer. In fact, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer would tell Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times that he's still accepting any and all offers throughout the weekend and that he doesn't plan on finalizing the venue until both fighters have officially signed their contracts. "I just added toner to the fax machine and had it serviced right before I left Friday," Schaefer stated. "So keep those offers coming."

Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. Just four days ago, Schaefer canceled a planned trip to meet with Dallas Cowboys officials because he's "not going to do the fight in Texas" and there "isn't enough time to do a fight at an outdoor stadium." Now, all of a sudden, Dallas is still in the running and Schaefer is still taking offers? Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they're in the middle of a bidding war on eBay? I mean, it's fun to watch, but ultimately, the winner is the one who gets their bid in right at the last second. Call me crazy, but there's probably a good reason why MGM Grand has yet to even bother putting in their bid. I'm telling you, book your tickets now while the good rooms are still available.

Incidentally, if anyone is curious, Cuban and his dance partner Kym Johnson were the fifth couple to be eliminated during their season on Dancing with the Stars. Mayweather and his partner Karina Smirnoff were the fourth couple to go, one week prior to them. Knowing the competitive nature of Mayweather, I wonder if it bothered him at all to know that America preferred Cuban's dancing over his own....just curious.

Yo Ellerbe, I'm still waiting for you to call me back!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-14-2009, 06:54 AM
MakeDamnSure
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 83,530,962.42
Total Points: 83,727,223.55
... - MakeDamnSure No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua 
Universally recognize p4p king Manny Pacquiao FROM - FasTHarD No Message - Little Mac Have a snack homey - mangler No Message - Little Mac O mag beer muna tayo! - jhacen 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 

You have to understand that not only Floyd ducks fighters, he also ducks venues,
Old 12-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 244,123,457,322,279.19
Total Points: 244,123,457,422,987.38
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Thats great, if they can bring enough money together then Dallas can be a great option in terms of money for all involve and alot of people would be able to attend because of the big stadiums capacity.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Titing Kabayo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Titing Kabayo has a reputation beyond reputeTiting Kabayo has a reputation beyond reputeTiting Kabayo has a reputation beyond reputeTiting Kabayo has a reputation beyond reputeTiting Kabayo has a reputation beyond reputeTiting Kabayo has a reputation beyond reputeTiting Kabayo has a reputation beyond reputeTiting Kabayo has a reputation beyond reputeTiting Kabayo has a reputation beyond reputeTiting Kabayo has a reputation beyond reputeTiting Kabayo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.82
Total Points: 5,580,463.52
I'm hungry - Hard2kill 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 
Send a message via Yahoo to Titing Kabayo Send a message via Skype™ to Titing Kabayo

Mayweather has a big problem now...

I think he and Ellerbe is looking for whatever means to duck Cowboy Stadium..
Old 12-14-2009, 07:20 AM
mockingbird
Contender

Rep Power: 7 mockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,140.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
You have to understand that not only Floyd ducks fighters, he also ducks venues,
-------
Old 12-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Blue Heffner
Blackjack

Rep Power: 36 Blue Heffner has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heffner has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heffner has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heffner has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heffner has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heffner has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heffner has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heffner has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heffner has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heffner has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heffner has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 621,474,991,034.10
Total Points: 637,478,010,739.24
No Message - Lucky Luciano E-Gift - ??? No Message - TBear there ya go - Toda Caine E-Gift - Lucky Luciano 
No Message - TBear Clean..... - Toda Caine No Message - Toda Caine No Message - Toda Caine No Message - Toda Caine 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - O.S.I.R.I.S Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANGLER Childhood Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2kill View Post
Mayweather has a big problem now...

I think he and Ellerbe is looking for whatever means to duck Cowboy Stadium..
How is it ducking Cowboy stadium? They have 3 options.