Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-05-2009, 04:51 PM
pugay_kamay
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 pugay_kamay has a reputation beyond reputepugay_kamay has a reputation beyond reputepugay_kamay has a reputation beyond reputepugay_kamay has a reputation beyond reputepugay_kamay has a reputation beyond reputepugay_kamay has a reputation beyond reputepugay_kamay has a reputation beyond reputepugay_kamay has a reputation beyond reputepugay_kamay has a reputation beyond reputepugay_kamay has a reputation beyond reputepugay_kamay has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 44,103.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHonestyIsReal View Post
Whether Margarito cheated vs. Cotto is irrelevant because I don't count that loss against him, what is relevant is the beating that Miguel Cotto took. I though he lost the Clottey 114-113, at the very least it was as close as the Zab-Baldomir fight.

What I feel like you do is see one opposition's faults while you don't see the others. Personally, I think De La Hoya looked twice as good coming into the Floyd fight than Cotto did coming in to the Pacquiao fight. DLH was coming off a dominating KO win over Mayorga, while Cotto was abused by Margarito, fought a bum, then had a razor thin decision against a mid-level 147 guy.
Dude Oscar was not in his prime anymore when he fought Mayorga and you consider Mayorga a top JMW?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Equinox
Undisputed Champion

Total Points: 216,654.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
What version of Oscar?
the verson floyd fought at 154, beats cotto.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:03 PM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 78 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,958,838.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
the verson floyd fought at 154, beats cotto.
Oh noooo sir... that is your opinion and I respected but I disagree. That version of Oscar was done... He was a part time fighter full time promoter at that time. His record going into that in 4yrs was 2-2 and it should of been 1-3. I don't that Oscar beats Cotto. The Oscar that fought the Mosley rematch or the Oscar the fought Vargas than yea I would agree. But, not that Oscar.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:28 PM
MyHonestyIsReal
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 4,738.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugay_kamay View Post
Dude Oscar was not in his prime anymore when he fought Mayorga and you consider Mayorga a top JMW?
I consider Mayorga to have been on the same level at JMW as Clottey was at WW. Who's Clottey beaten? Zab Judah?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:29 PM
MyHonestyIsReal
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
Oh noooo sir... that is your opinion and I respected but I disagree. That version of Oscar was done... He was a part time fighter full time promoter at that time. His record going into that in 4yrs was 2-2 and it should of been 1-3. I don't that Oscar beats Cotto. The Oscar that fought the Mosley rematch or the Oscar the fought Vargas than yea I would agree. But, not that Oscar.
Oscar's not a middleweight, so his record in his past fights doesn't mean anything to me. The only thing that means something to me is how Oscar looked in the ring vs. Floyd, and he looked good.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:35 PM
rommel357
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 rommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,864,283.02
Total Points: 8,908,167.05
for a great poster! - jazluvr449 for a classy poster! - jazluvr449 For a super poster and friend! - jazluvr449 These are great! - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baracuda View Post
cotto would beat the **** out of them guys at a reasonble weight....we all know what happened to zab.
Exactly. Cotto beat the fvck out of Judah, and Floyd barely beat Judah IMO, thanks to his father chocking Judah during that melee that Sr. started. The fact that Floyd hasn't fought any of the top WW, Cotto, Mosley, and Margarito, makes him the biggest fraud evah.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:37 PM
MyHonestyIsReal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel357 View Post
Exactly. Cotto beat the fvck out of Judah, and Floyd barely beat Judah IMO, thanks to his father chocking Judah during that melee that Sr. started. The fact that Floyd hasn't fought any of the top WW, Cotto, Mosley, and Margarito, makes him the biggest fraud evah.
So now Mayweather barely beat Judah?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:38 PM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 78 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,958,838.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Oscar's not a middleweight, so his record in his past fights doesn't mean anything to me. The only thing that means something to me is how Oscar looked in the ring vs. Floyd, and he looked good.
Oscar only won 3rds against Floyd 4 if you being generous so how did Oscar looked good? He was competitive for the first 8rds after that he was done. Like he always has. And, is not even that he looked good is that Floyd didn't look so good. Cuz he was not a JMW at the time. Even though if Floyd would of put a lil bit more pressure he would of stopped Oscar. But, that is not Floyd style. But, that version of Oscar was done. Forrest would of beaten him, Spinks would of beaten him. Cotto would of beaten him.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
rommel357
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 rommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond reputerommel357 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,864,283.02
Total Points: 8,908,167.05
for a great poster! - jazluvr449 for a classy poster! - jazluvr449 For a super poster and friend! - jazluvr449 These are great! - jazluvr449 

Quote:
So now Mayweather barely beat Judah?
Uh yeah, IMO. Did you watch that fight, if that melee didn't happened, who knows how it could've gone instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=din0rds-EfI

Last edited by rommel357; 12-05-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:21 PM
El Jesus
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 38 El Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,500,277.68
Just for being a cool guy. That's all. - BennyST 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chups View Post
You also gotta have common sense that whoever put that list in there aren't dumb either. Why they didn't have a lineal champ from 2005-2008 is beyond me. There's got to be a reason, I don't know the answer yet.
Judah was lineal champ. there is no dispute about that.