Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-21-2009, 12:52 AM
bbos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 bbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 153,337.22
Happy birthday homey - mangler dumbest person on Boxing Scene, hands down. - fallenloki 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingfigs View Post
k the strongest part of your head is the crown of your skull cause its developed first. And nerves under your skin?? You are a moron, I was referring to the central nervous system that is a series of nerves connected including your brain and spinal cord. Nerves under your skin have no relevance to anything. And yes your muscles protect your nerves all around your neck and traps and back
there are millions of nerve cells underneath your skin such as the nerves cells lacated under the skin that is covering your face, ABOVE the muscles , the nerve cells rely information to the brain, such as when the face gets hit. now if enough force makes contact with your face, the nerve cells under the skin of the face will send this information to the brain, in turn the brain will overload and shut down, this causes a knock out. the nerves underneath the skin of your face has absolutly everything to do with how well one can take a punch, i can tell u did not pass highschool science.

and nerve cells are not encapsulated by muscles, if this is so then they loose their very purposes to begin with, and im keen on how u come to the conclusion that muscles protect nerve cells...LOL

Last edited by bbos; 11-21-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-21-2009, 01:09 AM
Don Flamenco
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Don Flamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDon Flamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDon Flamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDon Flamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDon Flamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDon Flamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDon Flamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDon Flamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDon Flamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDon Flamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDon Flamenco has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 121,483.34
Total Points: 140,830.93

Why do people even bother replying to this guy
Old 11-21-2009, 01:12 AM
PAKYO
in the sandlands

Rep Power: 14 PAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 832,748,825.85
Total Points: 832,785,114.47

Damn what a moronic theory you have fightingfigs!!
If nerve cells is being protected by muscles, then what's the use of it being a nerve cell?

Nerve cells function as sensors in our whole body, it relays to the brain what's happening in any part of our body if for example you touch a hot plate, those cells immediately tells the brain that you are in danger of getting thus the brain sends another command thru your nerve cells again to withdraw your hand in order for it not get damaged. So if your assertions nerve cells is protected by muscles, how will that sensor work?

I'll give you a very simple analogy.

Try covering the infrared light of your tv remote control with duct tape and then try to use it on your tv, let's see if it works.

That's really simple logic but you guys simply don't understand i'm wondering how you survived in this planet.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:38 AM
bbos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 bbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond reputebbos has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 153,337.22
Happy birthday homey - mangler dumbest person on Boxing Scene, hands down. - fallenloki 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
Why do people even bother replying to this guy
I'm looking at this with a objective scientific point of view, and in conclusion, while steriods does increase body performance; stamina, explosivness, mass, perhaps speed. however, one's punch resistance is not part of the body's performance.

Punch resistance is much more complex than the simple enhancement of the skeletal musclar system by the usage of steriods, it includes plethora of mechanisms that are akin towards one's genetic make up. Whereas much of the rest of a boxer's internal organs are protected by bone, fat, skin and well developed muscle, the soft tissue of the brain is protected only by the skin-covered skull and the three membranes (MEANING THIS CAN NOT BE ENHANCED BY ANY PEDs)

-How hydrated a fighter is due to ECF cusioning the brain
-chin/mandible shape, more dessipation of the impact force,
-where a punch lands, if on the nerve rich region of the face this will send the CNS into shock, or around the ear can destabilize you as it messes with your equilibrium by violating your ear canal and tempanic membrane
-thicker/stubbier/shortent neck. this increases the weight of the base of your head.
-bone density. more dense = better
-dura mater - the thick, tough layer that restricts movement of the brain within the skull, thereby reducing the chance of blood vessels stretching or breaking; the dura matter appears to be the differentiating factor in ones ability to absorb punsishment. Presumably more and thicker dura matter is more beneficial

and lets not forget, pac was letting cotto tee off, this means he saw the punches coming, like the old time saying, "its the punches you dont see coming that really hurts you".

Last edited by bbos; 11-21-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:31 AM
Maidana vs Rios
m/(&gt;.&ltm/

Rep Power: 14 Maidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,710,333,242.40
Total Points: 4,710,552,599.86
Great gif.  Have some liquor - danny711 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbos View Post
I'm looking at this with a objective scientific point of view, and in conclusion, while steriods does increase body performance; stamina, explosivness, mass, perhaps speed. however, one's punch resistance is not part of the body's performance.

Punch resistance is much more complex than the simple enhancement of the skeletal musclar system by the usage of steriods, it includes plethora of mechanisms that are akin towards one's genetic make up. Whereas much of the rest of a boxer's internal organs are protected by bone, fat, skin and well developed muscle, the soft tissue of the brain is protected only by the skin-covered skull and the three membranes (MEANING THIS CAN NOT BE ENHANCED BY ANY PEDs)

-How hydrated a fighter is due to ECF cusioning the brain
-chin/mandible shape, more dessipation of the impact force,
-where a punch lands, if on the nerve rich region of the face this will send the CNS into shock, or around the ear can destabilize you as it messes with your equilibrium by violating your ear canal and tempanic membrane
-thicker/stubbier/shortent neck. this increases the weight of the base of your head.
-bone density. more dense = better
-dura mater - the thick, tough layer that restricts movement of the brain within the skull, thereby reducing the chance of blood vessels stretching or breaking; the dura matter appears to be the differentiating factor in ones ability to absorb punsishment. Presumably more and thicker dura matter is more beneficial

and lets not forget, pac was letting cotto tee off, this means he saw the punches coming, like the old time saying, "its the punches you dont see coming that really hurts you".
He's obviously baiting you, dude. Stop taking it.

Besides, we all know Paul Williams was able to walk right through plaster loaded shots from Margacheato. I wonder why? I'm not saying anything controversial, by any means, IT'S JUST MY OPINION!!!!111!!!!!1!one!!!! Just an educated guess, is all I'm saying, but not really saying, but yeah I am but oh no I'm not, yup. No way is P-Dubb on the juice, NO WAY, I'm just sayin it feels reeeeeal funny, THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:34 AM
Matt Marvelous
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Matt Marvelous has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Marvelous has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Marvelous has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Marvelous has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Marvelous has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Marvelous has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Marvelous has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Marvelous has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Marvelous has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Marvelous has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Marvelous has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.05
Total Points: 28,682.02

I miss Zab. I wanted him to beat Cotto's ass so bad. But I fear his best days are behind him for good.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:55 AM
hollister
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 hollister has a reputation beyond reputehollister has a reputation beyond reputehollister has a reputation beyond reputehollister has a reputation beyond reputehollister has a reputation beyond reputehollister has a reputation beyond reputehollister has a reputation beyond reputehollister has a reputation beyond reputehollister has a reputation beyond reputehollister has a reputation beyond reputehollister has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 21,110.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Madoff View Post
roid rage, where's Shane lol