Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 10-24-2009, 06:47 AM
g0tcha
Contender

Rep Power: 6 g0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,856.39
Default Catching Opponent Mid Rhythm

Talk about your experience if you have been successful at performing this. Catching your opponent mid rhythm like how mayweather jr does in a lot of his fights. He mentioned about how he doesnt fight too much in a constant rhythm because thats how people can read you and thats exactly what he uses to catch people especially with lead straights. Im a little lazy to find some fights where its very noticeable that he's doing it. If you do not know what im talking about ill explain. Most people fight in a basic rhythm of bouncing on the toes forward and back slightly. sometimes they will mix it up and walk forward a little then get back into stance or continue bouncing. The perfect timing to catch them in mid rhythm is in the middle of a bounce when they shift weight. Another way is when some opponents walk forward and when say the back foot steps forward to catch up to the front foot you throw your punch before they get set.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-24-2009, 07:41 AM
FalconsRB
Contender

Total Points: 11,911.60

i try to do somehting diferent in first and second rounds on third round i do what worked best in those first rounds.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:21 PM
FeFist
No.1

Rep Power: 20 FeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,337,122,099,514.40
Total Points: 2,466,791,029,859.46
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - hectari 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - FeFist 

Are you on about this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqOJp9Wmayo
Old 10-25-2009, 09:17 PM
g0tcha
Contender

Rep Power: 6 g0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud of
Total Points: 50,856.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeFist View Post
Are you on about this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqOJp9Wmayo
That's one of the first places I heard him talk about it but I've water a lot of his early fight as well as his recent ones and he does it all the time. What were you trying to get at?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:10 PM
FeFist
No.1

Rep Power: 20 FeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,337,122,099,514.40
Total Points: 2,466,791,029,859.46
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - hectari 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - FeFist 

Quote:
That's one of the first places I heard him talk about it but I've water a lot of his early fight as well as his recent ones and he does it all the time. What were you trying to get at?
Nothing really, it's just that I remembered the conversation.

Overall I think that's a concept people overlook in boxing. People focus on the apparent things like speed, power and combination but they forget that with rhythm and timing those things can be neutralised.

I think his fight with Zab Judah is a good example of this. Even though Zab had the faster punch he was able to adapt and beat him. It can also be demoralising.