Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 10-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,561,570.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet682006 View Post
I watched De La Hoya Vs. Mayorga last night, Lewis Vs. Tyson this afternoon. Thinking of digging out some Wilfredo Gomez tonight.

Poet
I was watching Gomez fights the other day the Derrik Holmes fight was a pretty entertaining fight. I liked his beat down of Juan Meza to, brutal beat down.

I watched the Thomas vs Tyson fight because of what you said earlier. Tyson looked flat and aside from a tremendous!! finish he was not that impressive. I had Tyson one round ahead 3-2 but Thomas did okay untill the KO.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 147,451,280,499,800.06
Total Points: 147,451,280,507,382.47
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
I was watching Gomez fights the other day the Derrik Holmes fight was a pretty entertaining fight. I liked his beat down of Juan Meza to, brutal beat down.

I watched the Thomas vs Tyson fight because of what you said earlier. Tyson looked flat and aside from a tremendous!! finish he was not that impressive. I had Tyson one round ahead 3-2 but Thomas did okay untill the KO.
What did you think of the commentary in the Tyson Vs. Thomas fight?

Poet
Old 10-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Dynamite Kid

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
What did you think of the commentary in the Tyson Vs. Thomas fight?

Poet
How do you mean? I thought Leonard was being big headed about his win over Hagler, that Larry Merchant was giving Thomas too much credit for the rounds he thought he was winning lol
Old 10-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
How do you mean? I thought Leonard was being big headed about his win over Hagler, that Larry Merchant was giving Thomas too much credit for the rounds he thought he was winning lol
Bingo! LOL!

Poet
Old 10-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Dynamite Kid

Quote:
Bingo! LOL!

Poet
Which part, about Ray, or both? lol
Old 10-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Quote:
Which part, about Ray, or both? lol
Merchant of course lol. I can't stand that drunk

Poet
Old 10-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Dynamite Kid

Quote:
Merchant of course lol. I can't stand that drunk

Poet
I watched the whole telecast and Harold Lederman's scorecard for Douglas vs Tucker was a WTF moment, he had Tucker sweeping the early rounds the dumb mofo.

One thing ive noticed about Lederman's scorecard besides them always being inaccurate is........he scores heavily in favour of workrate.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:43 PM
TheGreatA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 TheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 282,718,031,785.42
Total Points: 283,718,282,873.28
To a great poster!! - abosworth great poster. - Melly-Mel For finding the Guzman stream, when nobody else could. - The_Bringer Just wanted to keep the pattern going Machine - danc1984 One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy 
7000 posts, congrats!! - JAB5239 To the LinkMaster! - S a m u r a i Respects to a great poster - Gift Of Gab Props on the picture! :lol1: - Spacey1991 Jussi Jääskeläinen - ЯiZО 
For Busting Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 To Celebrate The Exposure Of Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 thanks for the lesson! - mellow_mood This gift is for the videos you posted on my Tyson/Patterson thread a while back.  I recently noticed you posted some great interview videos of Patterson on the thread which I missed at the time because I didn’t follow up on checking the responses. - Benny Leonard For doing a great Glen Johnson highlight video! - St Lion 
To a great historian - Stoppage Good debate. No hard feelings. - Method Checker HERES TO YOU LEFTY - markbnlv Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen No Message - dancovboxer 
Hepatitis C - BattlingNelson World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MARKBNLV 

Quote:
I watched the whole telecast and Harold Lederman's scorecard for Douglas vs Tucker was a WTF moment, he had Tucker sweeping the early rounds the dumb mofo.

One thing ive noticed about Lederman's scorecard besides them always being inaccurate is........he scores heavily in favour of workrate.
Which explains him scoring Williams-Quintana I for Williams and Jirov-Toney for Jirov if not for the knockdown.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Quote:

Yeah, Lederman has his biases: Most judges do. Workrate IS important (Mayweather and Wlad Klitschko call your offices) but it isn't the ONLY thing. Lederman's biggest bias is toward the aggressor: Barring a fighter being visibly hurt, if the punches landed is even remotely close Lederman practically always scores the round for the more aggressive fighter.

Poet
Old 10-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Dynamite Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
Which explains him scoring Williams-Quintana I for Williams and Jirov-Toney for Jirov if not for the knockdown.
Quote:
Yeah, Lederman has his biases: Most judges do. Workrate IS important (Mayweather and Wlad Klitschko call your offices) but it isn't the ONLY thing. Lederman's biggest bias is toward the aggressor: Barring a fighter being visibly hurt, if the punches landed is even remotely close Lederman practically always scores the round for the more aggressive fighter.

Poet
Wow i was not aware of that TheGreatA, but there you have it a nutshell. I watched Ishe Smith vs Danny Jacobs a few weeks ago and i thought he was being way to generous to Jacobs, i thought Jacobs won but Smith landed some huge! shots in that fight. I still thought Jacobs won but......

Yep agree. When ever he gives scorecard i know its going to be in favour of the wrong guy or the same as mine but he has the guy 7 rounds infront instead of 1/2 like me lol