Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#141
Old 07-08-2009, 06:22 PM
JACK D. RIPPER
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The 9th Circle of Hell
Posts: 5,522
Rep Power: 0 JACK D. RIPPER is infamous around these partsJACK D. RIPPER is infamous around these partsJACK D. RIPPER is infamous around these partsJACK D. RIPPER is infamous around these partsJACK D. RIPPER is infamous around these partsJACK D. RIPPER is infamous around these partsJACK D. RIPPER is infamous around these partsJACK D. RIPPER is infamous around these partsJACK D. RIPPER is infamous around these partsJACK D. RIPPER is infamous around these partsJACK D. RIPPER is infamous around these parts
Points: 244,376.92
Bank: 94,745.35
Total Points: 339,122.27
Much love - fallenloki Cheers to my biggest fan! - mangler jr Have a drink. Welcome back Dap! - mangler Watch Pacquiao destroy Cotto on this. - street bully for keepin it real! - veteran420 
put this in your big mouth - JM1 this goes to your ass - JM1 wipe your ass with these tissues after using your dildo - JM1 wear this for your boyfriend - JM1 youre one of the most p4p pathetic poster - JM1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
You know what's funny, is that the stimulus package was BUSH'S IDEA. He passed it through before Obama got into office.

The fact is, Obama inherited a giant **** sandwich and we all will have to take a bite. If Obama didn't do anything, he would have gotten killed. Since Obama has spent all this money trying to give a boost to the economy, he's getting killed.

It doesn't matter what Obama does, the right wing nut jobs and the people who listen to them are going to fry his ass.

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh and he had the nerve to say the reason that Gov. Sanford of South Carolina cheated on his wife with tax payers money was because Obama doesn't care about this country and so neither do politicians now.....HAHAHAHAHHAA

He blaimed the fact that Sanford went and fuked some chick in Argentina on Obama..............classic.
First off I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh. Obama probably does though.

Second of all. You're wrong. The TARP was passed by Bush and that was the idea of Hanky Panky Paulson from Goldman Sachs to try to bail out the big banks from all their derivatives losses.

The "Stimulus" as you call it was passed by Obama and the Dem Majority, at the behest of Tiny Tim Geither and Larry Summers.

Two totally different bills. One was a banker giveaway worth about 3 trillion dollars (The Tarp) and the other one is the total theft of at least 10 trillion dollars (The stimulus) which is being taken by banks and politicians alike.

If you think this will "boost" the economy, you are either ignorant or totally gullible.

Or both.
Reply With Quote
JACK D. RIPPER is offline
#142
Old 07-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Dynamite Glove
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Age: 31
Posts: 623
Blog Entries: 2
Rep Power: 7 Dynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 28,322.43
Bank: 14,628.32
Total Points: 42,950.75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyescrima View Post
We gonna have this, if this **** keeps getting worse !!!!!
That's actually a great movie. I saw it when I was young when it first came out, then saw it again a few years ago. It really is one of those flicks that changes if you see it immature, and then matured... As a kid, I just saw it as some guy roasting the city but when I got older, and realized how he lost his family and kid and job etc, and that's what really drove him crazy..it became a much better movie..
Reply With Quote
Dynamite Glove is offline
#143
Old 07-08-2009, 06:40 PM
!! Shawn
!! Shown
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,940
Rep Power: 45 !! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,403,792,952.88
Bank: 464,957,567,278.80
Total Points: 528,361,360,231.67
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = <3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites> Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteran420 View Post
In the US it sucks because both parties are spend happy and love deficits... the dems spend it all on welfare and the gop spends it all on defense, its a freakin lose/lose

until we can get a third party involved we're going to be f'd in the A
Atleast with defense you get some concrete assets out of the deal. Its like blowing your money on parties and booze vs blowing your money on cars and boats. At least with cars and boats you have something to sell when you go broke.
Reply With Quote
!! Shawn is offline
#144
Old 07-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 13,480
Rep Power: 89 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 9,148.82
Bank: 589,933,673,851,704.75
Total Points: 589,933,673,860,853.62
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw To a well-read member - -Weltschmerz- No Message - Run 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 
Default

There are really a lot of armchair theorists in here. This by the way is coming from someone who graduated #1 in my college class (for two years running) in economics. However, I'll admit I am not an expert in these matters and I always take a measured approach. Anyways, a couple replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteran420 View Post
i read a great book about it all... not just "the messiah" but about past presidents too....

its called "Empire of Debt" by Bill Bonnor and Addison Wiggin....

really shines some light on all the mistakes of having a big govt and how f'd we really are.....

the debt is one thing but when the dollar collapses? we're finished!
I have this book, it is very insightful indeed and very relavent to the current situation. I found it a little watered down for my taste, but I would very much recommend it to general readers trying to understand the causes behind the present situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drogba View Post
Where were you *****es when Bush took a 230 billion surplus into a RECORD deficit and started two pointless wars. Bush allowed his goons to run wild and sign handily destroyed the USA economy. Yet people ***** about Obama trying to fix things. How long did Bush's goverment deny USA was in a recession

The debt can and will be pay back. This is nothing new, America will never collapse or ever go bankrupt. When things turn around, you will have higher taxes and less government spending.
I would like to think this is true, however the United State is in a precarious position at this stage in my opinion. First of all, this is not a recession it is a depression. This may fall under the category of opinion, however it is my contention that the reason the authorities are not using such terms is because they fear it will cause people to stop spending and to horde even more of their incomes. Nonetheless, the future at this point is far from certain, and the light at the end of the tunnel has yet to glisten through in my estimation. There are also external factors to consider, most especially the wars being fought on multiple fronts, and the unprecedented rise of China, as well as India. Also, China owns a tremendous amount of our debt (can't be bothered to look up numbers right now), and they are a communist country, which translates to the government having a controlling hand in the economy. As such, through our massive debt we have placed the Chinese in a position to potentially manipulate the US economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drogba View Post


It's all Obama's fault, not Bush brought us 2 pointless wars and reckless spending.
If you look closely at the graph, you will notice that the debt begins spiraling out of control in the early '80s, during the Reagan presidency. It in fact tapers off a little, though continues to rise, during the Clinton Era--perhaps owing to the budget SURPLUS which occurred during Clinton, and then skyrockets during the Bush II years.

This graph doesn't tell the whole story of the economy at large, and I am no Clinton apologist, however this graph does tell a lot which is relevant to the discussion. My comments are intended to be taken in the context of this graph, not in the context of my opinions regarding the aforementioned presidencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
I find it amazing that you are blaming the issues the US is facing on "socialism". It further illustrates the point that Americans wouldn't know socialism if you hit them over the head with it.
Cosigned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwtx View Post
I would choose death before that.
This comment was in response to my prior comment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organik View Post
The US is going bankrupt, but it has nothing to do with Obama

Personally, I think I'm gonna move to China
I was completely serious, and I am not xenophobic like many Americans, so I would get a long just great. I also speak Japanese, a bit of Korean and a little Chinese and I've been to E. Asia four times. As such, I was absolutely serious in my remark about going to China.

Last edited by Virgil Caine; 07-08-2009 at 11:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
Virgil Caine is online now
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bankrupt...thanks, obama., president, states, united

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fight Videos - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.